BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts

02-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

WTB Widebody kit LB style

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I'm looking to find the best made body kit other than liberty walk themselves because 10k for a few panels is crazy to me. I dont mind spending 1000-2000 but I want the LB style.

Wondering if anyone has a kit or if they have had any luck with the ebay kits or from another site. I don't mind doing a little body work such as filling and sanding voids or fixing small fitment issues but I don't want absolute garbage.

Any input is helpful

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 08:12 AM   #2
MightyM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

1-2k for a WideBody kit? You should really look into other mods, it will cost more then that to have a reputable shop even do the work to properly mount the kit. For a proper WB kit you are looking at over 10k all in. Just being realistic here not trying to put you down! Good-luck nevertheless.
Appreciate 1
zstreet86116.00
      02-05-2019, 03:08 AM   #3
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyM3 View Post
1-2k for a WideBody kit? You should really look into other mods, it will cost more then that to have a reputable shop even do the work to properly mount the kit. For a proper WB kit you are looking at over 10k all in. Just being realistic here not trying to put you down! Good-luck nevertheless.
well im doing all of the body work, and im actually going to lay the paint. I just need the physical parts. I already have air suspension, bbs wheels, supercharger, and a bunch of carbon everywhere. I literally just need the widebody and the car is about modded out.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 03:10 AM   #4
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
well im doing all of the body work, and im actually going to lay the paint. I just need the physical parts. I already have air suspension, bbs wheels, supercharger, and a bunch of carbon everywhere. I literally just need the widebody and the car is about modded out.
And I was able to source one already and it was on the lower end of the budget by the time im done, your jaw will drop. You wouldn't be able to pick it out from a real liberty walk kit
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
phantasticphan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e91 Touring, e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyM3 View Post
If you already have BBS, air suspension and super charger, why cheap out on an ebay widebody that could ruin it for all those nice mods? Either way, the rocket bunny is a pretty nice kit IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 09:08 PM   #6
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasticphan View Post
If you already have BBS, air suspension and super charger, why cheap out on an ebay widebody that could ruin it for all those nice mods? Either way, the rocket bunny is a pretty nice kit IMO.
because there's literally no difference from the exterior between the kits once they are both installed and im saving 10 grand. I'm basically making a custom kit, i just needed a base to work with. its going to be shaped filled, sanded, etc to look perfect. if its wheels, there's a huge difference in cheaping out but i dont see any difference in fiberglass. its all the same.
Appreciate 1
zstreet86116.00
      02-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #7
MightyM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Cheap parts are cheap parts my friend. If I have learned anything over my years of owning performance cars it's that cutting corners has a funny way of biting you later down the line. If you have an expensive car with expensive parts do not ruin it with a cheap WB kit... but hey just my opinion. The smallest imperfections will drive me up a wall so yeah lol.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #8
my_e92_is_blue
Lieutenant
Rep

i'll post a pic once its done so you guys can see. It will turn out poifect
Appreciate 0