BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-18-2023, 11:56 AM   #1
Ivan M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

2009 bmw m3 fuel rail leak?

So I took my vehicle to get fuel breather valve replacement and thermostat replaced. Then I got a call from the shop saying that I had a fuel rail leak but I never smelled fuel when driving car. Is this something only noticed when you take the plenum off or would I be able to smell fuel if I actually had a leak?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 01:00 PM   #2
exVtekGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none yet

I just had this very issue while doing thermostat. The leak is where the black flexible part connects to the hard part between the two rails. When doing thermostat, you have to lift up the hard line and I noticed small leak when doing so. This seems to have happened to a few others. It did not leak if I didn't move it but I replaced the rails to be on the safe side. I recommend replacing it to be safe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1