BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #2465
erdoran
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4si

I can't resist--talking about salespeople not knowing their product--a few nights ago I was on the phone with a BMW dealership on Long Island, asking about a CPO on their website, and also discussing a possible order.

Me: I'm probably going to be taking SC delivery if I order, so the fact that your dealership is 100 miles away isn't a big problem.

Salesperson: You are looking for a dealership in SC?

Me: No, I want to take Performance Center delivery

Salesperson: Performance Center?

Me: Were you aware that if I place an order I have the option to pick up my car in SC?

Salesperson: So you are looking for a dealership in SC?

Me: &*^(%*&^)*(^(*^ (silently) I guess you haven't been doing this for very long. Let me explain to you about Performance Center Delivery for new BMWs......

etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #2466
malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
first post in this monster thread

... who gives a shit whether a guy got a deal for $5k less. can't believe some people invest so much of their own time to follow this boring story. go and volunteer in your local hospital or homeless shelter instead of wasting time here.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #2467
Revin9k
Private
Rep
Drives: Honda s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post

... who gives a shit whether a guy got a deal for $5k less. can't believe some people invest so much of their own time to follow this boring story. go and volunteer in your local hospital or homeless shelter instead of wasting time here.
so what are you doing here?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #2468
pacman.defense
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2002 330i

where is the car!?!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #2469
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #2470
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

homeless peopel smell funny
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:44 PM   #2471
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Sorry, fellas no car yet. However, the car did ship last Thursday, and its expected to be at South Bay BMW by this Wed (April 9). Im supposed to get a call from the trucking company 24 hours prior to arrival so hopefully it arrives a day or two early.

And when I do get that call, Im sure I'll be like nechronics where I cant sleep. And on the day of arrival, I'll be checking in with South Bay BMW every hour!
Kidding Phillippe (well not really, lol)!

One interesting note is, I finally got a call from Ebay on friday. They left me a message telling me they had been closely monitoring the situation in the media, and wanted to make sure the issue was resolved. The nerve! I called ebay twice, sent like 3 complaint emails and all they ever sent me were closed end messages that got me absolutely nowhere. Good thing I didn't wait on them.
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #2472
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Sorry, fellas no car yet. However, the car did ship last Thursday, and its expected to be at South Bay BMW by this Wed (April 9). Im supposed to get a call from the trucking company 24 hours prior to arrival so hopefully it arrives a day or two early.

And when I do get that call, Im sure I'll be like nechronics where I cant sleep. And on the day of arrival, I'll be checking in with South Bay BMW every hour!

One interesting note is, I finally got a call from Ebay on friday. They left me a message telling me they had been closely monitoring the situation in the media, and wanted to make sure the issue was resolved. The nerve! I called ebay twice, sent like 3 complaint emails and all they ever sent me were closed end messages that got me absolutely nowhere. Good thing I didn't wait on them.
Wow! Ebay never responded to you until this past Friday? Their CS royally sux. No wonder why they are floundering...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #2473
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Dooma - thanks for the update. I have had terrible experience with Ebay resolving issues. Paypal took care of me once and my credit card once, but Ebay sucks at doing the right thing when problems arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 06:39 AM   #2474
SCHMEGGA
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
Guys/Gals,

As promised, I am going out Wednesday to take pictures of the load-up on the transport.

Jeff Gomon
What ever happened to these "promised" load up pics? I want some pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #2475
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Why did the car not ship till Thurs? Wasn't it supposed to ship on Mon.
      04-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #2476
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:

eBay has proven that only their buyers rules are enforced and that any complaint against the seller will remain in their own domain without any action or enforcement of such rules.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #2477
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Why did the car not ship till Thurs? Wasn't it supposed to ship on Mon.
When I arranged for shipping on Thurs Mar 27, they told me that the earliest ship date was the following Wed (Apr 2).The explanation given to me was it takes a few days to arrange for covered transport. It ended up shipping out officially on Friday morning (picked up the night before).
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #2478
BMWridin89
Rep
Drives: m3 white

Man you better post up some pics of that thing in front of your house or in your driveway with you sitting in it and a smile bigger than you can imagine.

What are the plans for the IS 350?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #2479
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWridin89 View Post
What are the plans for the IS 350?
Not sure. I like the IS very much and I want to keep it around, but Im not sure I could justify the depreciation hit. So most likely I'll sell it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #2480
AURktman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1957 Chevrolet Sport Sedan

Congrats! Please just post pics and final outcome when possible. The internet is still buzzing about this.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #2481
PadreScout
Dooma Supporter
Rep
Drives: 2001 Mazda Miata

I'm excited for Ken. Take some pictures! Congrat on the new car! Congrats to the dealership for selling the car! Everybody wins!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #2482
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Not sure. I like the IS very much and I want to keep it around, but Im not sure I could justify the depreciation hit. So most likely I'll sell it.
You should have traded it. That would have been a hoot.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #2483
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

Wow. The last time I was here we were still at around 50 pages...interesting to see how much has transpired since then. Ken, I'm very happy for you man, you now own one of the most famous BMW's ever to see North America. I'm sure this story will not be going away soon, especially amongst car enthusiast circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
I'll be the first to call it - Ken is actually a 13 year old living somewhere in Kansas.

It's truly amazing how quickly folks jump on a bandwagon to support some random person who sets up the perfect David and Goliath scenario. Everyone believes every single thing he posts while all the while setting all semblance of reason aside.

If this was all real, the deal would have been funded immediately. The dealership wouldn't be so stupid as to let this drag out so long and make a public claim that they haven't received funding if they actually have.

This has got to be one of the biggest fabrications ever. It'll be the subject of many a psychology lecture when discussing mob mentality for years to come. I'm very interested to see where this ultimately goes, but I've got $10 that says the end of this saga will be a twist that no one ever expected.
How'd that theory work out for you? Ever since you showed up in this thread you've sounded like a 13 year old know-it-all yourself. You make a lot of assumptions and jump to poor conclusions...projecting general inexperience with how the adult world works.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #2484
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
You didn't like it enough to get an IS-F.

Last edited by hellrotm; 04-07-2008 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #2485
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4talyst View Post
Wow. The last time I was here we were still at around 50 pages...interesting to see how much has transpired since then. Ken, I'm very happy for you man, you now own one of the most famous BMW's ever to see North America. I'm sure this story will not be going away soon, especially amongst car enthusiast circles.

How'd that theory work out for you? Ever since you showed up in this thread you've sounded like a 13 year old know-it-all yourself. You make a lot of assumptions and jump to poor conclusions...projecting general inexperience with how the adult world works.
Tongue-in-cheek-humor

You

Ass.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #2486
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

Nice try...you weren't joking though, I didn't have to wade through many of your posts to figure that out.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread