BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

01-19-2022, 10:57 AM   #1
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Lemforder tie rod discontinued?

One of my outter rod is slightly bent and I couldn't find the outter tie rod by itself, it's either the ball joint/inner ones or the whole assembly, are there any quality outter only replacement for our car? (not even sure if that's a good idea)

While looking, I noticed that the Lemforder tie rods are listed as discontinued by manufacture or no longer available from most sites, like FCP, Bimmerworld, and Pelican.

I think only ECS/Turner still list them on backorder.

Any one know if these are indeed discontinued or just backordered due to supply chain? Any good alternatives besides the BMW ones?
      01-20-2022, 05:13 PM   #2
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Are you looking for just the outer tie rod?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...7782kt#fitment

The full tie rod end has definitely been discontinued. I sucked it up and replaced them both with OE BMW ones..
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 05:22 PM   #3
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Are you looking for just the outer tie rod?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...7782kt#fitment
Just realized I said outer tie rod instead of inner when I really meant inner(the rod part itself)....must have had a brain fart when I made the post(not sure why I even thought the rod would be outer by any standard)

The only brand I found that offers the inner/rod itself for E9x M3 is Sidem, some kind of Belgium company that I never heard of before, so not sure about quality.

Asked local dealer they also only sell the assembly, kind of pointless to get OE assembly for $400(a pair) since I am planning on doing SPL adjustable ends
      01-20-2022, 05:35 PM   #4
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

That makes way more sense if it is the inner rods. sadly I haven't seen anything outside the whole assembly that was worth buying. In the interest of just having peace of mind, maybe that $400 is just what you have to pay and maybe sell the outer tie rods to someone here to provide a small offset to the cost.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 07:31 PM   #5
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That makes way more sense if it is the inner rods. sadly I haven't seen anything outside the whole assembly that was worth buying. In the interest of just having peace of mind, maybe that $400 is just what you have to pay and maybe sell the outer tie rods to someone here to provide a small offset to the cost.
Quote:
Been looking around more, seems like the part is no longer listed at Lemforder site.

The joint itself from Lemforder is 3190201 or 32102283618 from BMW.

Thread size is M14x1.5 on the rod end, and M18x1.5 on the hex end.

Length tho, is listed anywhere between 274mm-292mm. (Lemforder, MS/Master Sport Germany show 292mm overall; RTS, Sidem shows 274-275mm; Triscan, Moog doesn't show overall length)