BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

11-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Would you rather

Own a 135i for designated driver and occasional track toy or civic for everyday use and an elise for track day.
      11-24-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
undisclothesed
Private
Rep
Drives:

the jury is still out on the N54 motor. not enough time has passed with the 335 owners to vouch for the motors reliability. although few owners have broken well into the 40k mile mark, there is no telling as to how they drive the car daily, and their particular car can't set a standard for a mass produced motor.

if the N54 is as stout a motor as i hope, then no question i would be able to live with slightly compromised suspension mods for track performance as my daily driver. in fact it would make my daily commutes all the more interesting. if the overheating issues persist, or perhaps even new issues arrise with this motor then i think the answer would be obvious.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

That's just too damn easy:

Civic + Elise

Civic is a GREAT daily driver, sips fuel and holds its value (not to mention being huge inside and having top notch safety ratings).

It just doesn't get much better than an Elise/Exige for the track.

I'm probably going Civic / [Cayman/911]

I've totally given up on BMW. They're headed in the wrong direction. They need to "refind" themselves.
Appreciate 0