BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

02-23-2024, 06:39 AM   #23
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
I also installed mine last weekend, car has been running great since.

Overall, I’ve been chasing a sluggish throttle (seemingly to me, others said it felt fine). The idle thing was also part of my problem. With the breather valve and new coils it’s running noticeably smoother while shifting gears and moving at lower speeds. Prior there was a slight hesitation or exaggerated rev drops between shifts, almost like the engine was taking its time responding to my inputs. Now it’s snappy and immediate.

Also a tip for valve removal, the back line needs to be pushed all the way toward the back of the valve prior to releasing the fitting (squeezing both sides). Spent about 10 minutes acting like a fool trying to pulll it off lol. Best part is I removed this a couple years ago and would have thought to remember something like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 08:21 AM   #24
sergbaja5t
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92-M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
I've been told by two separate BMW techs to treat them as a wear item. Expect to change them periodically. Not sure of the mileage interval for failure though. Mine was changed at around 90K miles, still fine at 113K
I was just thinking about this, this morning. I got mine from FCP Euro, about 2 years ago, time for warranty replacement.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 10:02 AM   #25
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajolives View Post
I also installed mine last weekend, car has been running great since.

Overall, I’ve been chasing a sluggish throttle (seemingly to me, others said it felt fine). The idle thing was also part of my problem. With the breather valve and new coils it’s running noticeably smoother while shifting gears and moving at lower speeds. Prior there was a slight hesitation or exaggerated rev drops between shifts, almost like the engine was taking its time responding to my inputs. Now it’s snappy and immediate.

Also a tip for valve removal, the back line needs to be pushed all the way toward the back of the valve prior to releasing the fitting (squeezing both sides). Spent about 10 minutes acting like a fool trying to pulll it off lol. Best part is I removed this a couple years ago and would have thought to remember something like that.
wow..this is exactly what I am facing right now. So the breather valve fixed the issue ? or was the new coils ?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 03:28 PM   #26
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Honda Hoenstly hard to tell, I think both played a role. The breather valve I feel had more of an impact on drivability. Before it seemed like I was shit at changing gears or even like worn motor mounts, that shaky jittery bullshit changing at wrong rpm or dropping the clutch too fast.

The coils gave me more consistent power through the rpm range. The test drive after coil install was phenomenal for the first 10 minutes then adaptions kicked in, and breather valve started doing its shit.

My car is running super strong now, but it still feels a tad bit off from time to time. I still suspect a vacuum/echaust leak somewhere, or possibly a stuck SAP valve from time to time, I’m sure mine are gummed up to hell. I also running catless without a tune, so I may not be the best example if I’m being 100% transparent. But for 40 bucks it may be worth a try, i noticed a difference in my experience.
Appreciate 0