BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
darkalley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gone- 08 DCT SSII, 2006 SMG
Location: Current: 2014 BMW 4-Series Convert for the fiance w M Package, F150, 06 S2000, 08 911 c4s

Does Dinan Deal???

Like a lot of folks here something about Dinan's history makes me feel a little better about modding my car.. I am thinking about going with the software, pulley, and exhaust. If I go with all 3 do installer typically deal? I am going to call a few dealers but curious what others have found. Anyone else do all 3? I realize the pulley is still coming to market.
      02-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Mavrick151
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Dinan will not deal. However, the dealer may reduce their hourly rate.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Mavrick151
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
??

I believe many people have reported package pricing and discounted sales from Dinan.
I am speaking from my experiences.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

I believe you can get a 10-15% discount on Dinan parts if you are a BMW CCA member.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
I have a Dinan intake, software, exhaust and stage1 suspension. I purchased my upgrades over a year span almost. You know, spread the excitement out a bit. I know for a fact that Dinan does some package pricing like PG said. You just have to call and ask. I just timed my purchases with their discounted pricing...
      02-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
Mavrick151
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I have a Dinan intake, software, exhaust and stage1 suspension. I purchased my upgrades over a year span almost. You know, spread the excitement out a bit. I know for a fact that Dinan does some package pricing like PG said. You just have to call and ask. I just timed my purchases with their discounted pricing...
I wish that I was given this when I bought all their stuff. Oh well, at least I got a deal on the install.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I have no idea what others have recieved, but I did not recieve any discount what-so-ever. However, I was able to take advantage of the 10% special that Dinan had running at the time.

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
stryker1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 M3 silverstone

I gave dinan's local dealer here in miami (ft laud) a call a week ago and asked for a quote told him what i was working with and he crunched some numbers and was not even close to what i got from AA .
Now i cant give you the exact figures but i can tell you he was more then
$1k off that was w/o labor go figure.

This is no knock on the dinan brand just a knock on their (local dealer)
not being able to meet the price i wanted to pay.
      02-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #9
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i see your in NJ, call Motor Works West and ask for Chris. tell him Harrison sent you. i am sure he can work something out for you. they are the best shop in my op. i have been using them for years. there a indy BMW race shop that happens to be a dinan dealer. awesome honest place. i don't let anyone else work on my cars. i only go to the dealer for warranty work.

not really sure how dinan keeps there pricing with there dealers but i know it is pretty tight due to the same thing you are talking about this way dealer a doesn't steal biz from dealer b and so forth but i am sure he can work something out for you. i got lucky and caught some of there sales they do so i got a discount like that. 10% here, 15% there etc

just tell him i sent you 201-847-8877 if Chris isn't there then call back bc he will be the one to talk to

oh forgot to add. i am getting my pulley put on soon as it comes in and my diff is already there so not sure which i am doing first but i already have there full exhaust system. your more then welcome to meet me there the day i go and you can take a ride in my car to see how it sounds and make up your mind before you buy it. i have the midpipe, rear and software and CAI. sounds sick and the power is awesome but doesn't hurt to hear and feel something first.

i did it for someone else last week when i came back from the dealer for service to check to make sure they didn't take my software out as dinan puts it back in for free. a guy was there to ask about the stroker motor bc he ordered a new M3. i took him for a ride in mine and when we got back he put a deposit down on the stroker lol. said it was the best sounding exhaust he has ever heard

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalley View Post
Like a lot of folks here something about Dinan's history makes me feel a little better about modding my car.. I am thinking about going with the software, pulley, and exhaust. If I go with all 3 do installer typically deal? I am going to call a few dealers but curious what others have found. Anyone else do all 3? I realize the pulley is still coming to market.

Last edited by H Bomb; 02-16-2010 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #10
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i wouldn't blame it on the local dealer as they can only go so far with the pricing per dinan so there are no dealer wars btw dinan dealers, then bf you know it the stuff is under cost and people would be out of business.

i would assume AA is able to do whatever they want with the pricing bc it is AA and there stuff and they make it etc so they can choose to sell a muffler for $200 if they wanted to where as a Dinan dealer is really just a rep for Dinan. now if you were actually at Dinan that is a different story then they would be able to sell it for whatever they want. but unfortantly they just don't price match with other companies. over the years of buying there stuff for my cars they offer sales and promos etc like 15% off or 20% off. those are your best bet and that is when i buy there stuff. like right now they are doing like 30% off there Stroker for the M3 for 4 motors etc. those kind of sales. so i wouldn't blame the local dinan dealer for not being able to match AA price as AA can go as high or low as they want pretty much. i could be totally wrong but i am pretty sure from what i have been told in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker1 View Post
I gave dinan's local dealer here in miami (ft laud) a call a week ago and asked for a quote told him what i was working with and he crunched some numbers and was not even close to what i got from AA .
Now i cant give you the exact figures but i can tell you he was more then
$1k off that was w/o labor go figure.

This is no knock on the dinan brand just a knock on their (local dealer)
not being able to meet the price i wanted to pay.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Here's my story. I called Dinan directly to ask some questions, and on the same call, was quoted full price (+ s/h), so I eliminated that option. After a tip of a forum member, found a CA dealer willing to sell it significantly cheaper, and ordered it. Got a call a day later saying Dinan didn't allow them to sell it to me because it was 'out of state' (they obviously knew it was for me, since I called a few days earlier). I called Dinan and asked them what the heck was their problem, and said that was their policy. Needless to say, I didn't (and won't) buy crap from them. Dealer was pissed too since they didn't know either, and lost a sale nobody else from Dinan was going to get.

Anyway, if you don't call Dinan first, you should be fine buying from an out-of-state dealer... as long as you pay double shipping, as Dinan won't 'drop-ship' anything out of state. Just wanted to let the gang know of that policy.

Last edited by JCtx; 02-16-2010 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
Easternedge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mini Coupe S JCW

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Call Joe in Parts @ Habberstad... he may work something out with you. Mention John the Calendar guy. He Always does right by me
Wifey's: 2006 BMW 650I
Family: 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
stryker1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 M3 silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Here's my story. I called Dinan directly to ask some questions, and on the same call, was quoted full price (+ s/h), so I eliminated that option. After a tip of a forum member, found a CA dealer willing to sell it significantly cheaper, and ordered it. Got a call a day later saying Dinan didn't allow them to sell it to me because it was 'out of state' (they obviously knew it was for me, since I called a few days earlier). I called Dinan and asked them what the heck was their problem, and said that was their policy. Needless to say, I didn't (and won't) buy crap from them. Dealer was pissed too since they didn't know either.

Anyway, if you don't call Dinan first, you should be fine buying from an out-of-state dealer. Just wanted to let the gang know of that policy.
I agree with you H bomb yes AA is not as big as dinan and they have an easier time discounting their products, but as elp jc showed
if a dealer wants to make a deal he or she will.

so my point was not to say that dinan didnt want to match AA or any price for that matter, they just didnt even come close.
Remember i said he was off i think $1k plus hadn't added labor.
just to clear the air.

Its all in the past now i'm happy as a pig in shit with my car.

Key note to this story, dinan lost out on two customers elp jc " wont buy crap from them"
And he lost out on my deal.
      02-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

I know that 10% OFF can be negotiated very easily !
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #15
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

I sure hope they will deal. I am now having IND look into doing a Dinan Stroker for me!
      02-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #16
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I sure hope they will deal. I am now looking into a Dinan Stroker!
The 4.6L Dinan stroker engine is already on sale!
      02-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
The 4.6L Dinan stroker engine is already on sale!
Yeah I know it is but I won't be doing it in time to make this sale...... I intend to have the stroker installed over next winter (when the car would normally be parked).

Ilia is putting me together a price for my car to be shipped from my Home in Fort McMurray, AB to IND in Palatine, Il to have the engine installed. The price will include the Engine, Labour, and Shipping of the car to and from.
      02-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #18
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
I know that 10% OFF can be negotiated very easily !
I really like your ALEKSHOP name and logo! Nicely done!
      02-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #19
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

they had a special running for 4 strokers motors for 20k. looks like all 4 sold as the reg price is back up now. maybe they can call and get one more for the sale price. i would call quick. man that must of just happened bc on fri i looked and only 2 were sold so it must of sold the other 2 in the last couple days

http://www.dinancars.com/store/produ...cat=818&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I sure hope they will deal. I am now having IND look into doing a Dinan Stroker for me!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #20
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

thats all that matters in the end is that the person is happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker1 View Post
I agree with you H bomb yes AA is not as big as dinan and they have an easier time discounting their products, but as elp jc showed
if a dealer wants to make a deal he or she will.

so my point was not to say that dinan didnt want to match AA or any price for that matter, they just didnt even come close.
Remember i said he was off i think $1k plus hadn't added labor.
just to clear the air.

Its all in the past now i'm happy as a pig in shit with my car.

Key note to this story, dinan lost out on two customers elp jc " wont buy crap from them"
And he lost out on my deal.
Appreciate 0