BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #45
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighandDry View Post
I have to say that I love driving the M3.

Coming from Carrera, GT3, Turbo, and Aston Martin, I have to say that the M3 stands well within this group. All these cars have strengths and weaknesses. The Carrera is a great car, but not the most practical (really only 2 seats with limited storage). The GT3 is a awesome track car, but way too raw for daily use. The Tubo is stupid fast, but kind of dull. The Aston is a beautiful car, but it's omph doesn't match it's roar.

The M3 is so well balanced, has that great NA engine, and can fit my kids and their stuff in it pretty comfortably. Just an awesome car.

I still LOVE my Ferrari, but it's like dating an Italian supermodel. Conditions have to be absolutely right to enjoy her The last time I tried to go to the supermarket in it, I came out and there were 3 people sitting on the hood taking a picture!

Wow - I couldn't deal with 3 folks sitting on my heavily salt and peppered m3 hood - what did you say to the crew on your ferrari?

I just picture metal pocket buttons stamping that fine Italian clear coat...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #46
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #47
JJunkins
M3GAHTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4

After reading a few of the posts from you guys to my wife she says "I get it, you're not alone. You're not the only crazy one out there."
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #48
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJunkins View Post
After reading a few of the posts from you guys to my wife she says "I get it, you're not alone. You're not the only crazy one out there."
My wife said roughly the same thing yesterday after going to the track with me. She thought I had it bad until she saw some of the motorhomeitrailer set ups and track only cars.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #49
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighandDry View Post
I have to say that I love driving the M3.

Coming from Carrera, GT3, Turbo, and Aston Martin, I have to say that the M3 stands well within this group. All these cars have strengths and weaknesses. The Carrera is a great car, but not the most practical (really only 2 seats with limited storage). The GT3 is a awesome track car, but way too raw for daily use. The Tubo is stupid fast, but kind of dull. The Aston is a beautiful car, but it's omph doesn't match it's roar.

The M3 is so well balanced, has that great NA engine, and can fit my kids and their stuff in it pretty comfortably. Just an awesome car.

I still LOVE my Ferrari, but it's like dating an Italian supermodel. Conditions have to be absolutely right to enjoy her The last time I tried to go to the supermarket in it, I came out and there were 3 people sitting on the hood taking a picture!
if i found someone on the hood of my ferrari, thed find themselves in a world of hurt. just saying.

also sounds like you have good taste in cars

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #50
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

I love to read threads like these. I'm blessed enough to be taking delivery of my very own in April (losing sleep, with the wait!)! Like one previous poster here, I could mostly say that it is a leap of faith for me. Thanks to you fair members of this board, and Clarkson, Hammond and May (OK, mainly Hammond), and a couple all-too brief test drives, I am taking the plunge. Sometimes I read negative threads. "The M3 is slower than a Boss-Whatever", "slower than a C63 AMG", blah, blah, blah...I get a little down on it. Then I come read a thread like this, and it raises my spirits again! Thanks OP!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #51
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzboy76 View Post
I love to read threads like these. I'm blessed enough to be taking delivery of my very own in April (losing sleep, with the wait!)! Like one previous poster here, I could mostly say that it is a leap of faith for me. Thanks to you fair members of this board, and Clarkson, Hammond and May (OK, mainly Hammond), and a couple all-too brief test drives, I am taking the plunge. Sometimes I read negative threads. "The M3 is slower than a Boss-Whatever", "slower than a C63 AMG", blah, blah, blah...I get a little down on it. Then I come read a thread like this, and it raises my spirits again! Thanks OP!
dont worry. this is a car you cant be disappointed with unless your used to really high end cars already. even then it is a stellar car and can, driven properly, make others look bad.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #52
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzboy76 View Post
It's not just about speed. There is just something about this car that goes beyond the stats. The saying "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts" truly applies. And for what its worth, you can build a Honda Civic to be faster than a GTR, so, like I said, it's not just about speed.
      02-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #53
ruff1017
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 6speed

It's the best M3 so far and i just loving it every single moment with it.
Probably it will be the best version of all time for me.It has the performance , reliability and comfort in such amazing harmony.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #54
Smokey
Lucky Lefty
Rep
Drives: on twisty roads

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2017 Porsche Macan GTS  [8.00]
2011 M3  [10.00]
2013 bmw F25 msport  [10.00]
2011 335iS  [9.60]
Love the predictability factor, I feel one with the car-- it's like the ecu is wired to my brain.

The Power of M
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #55
HighandDry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Wow - I couldn't deal with 3 folks sitting on my heavily salt and peppered m3 hood - what did you say to the crew on your ferrari?

I just picture metal pocket buttons stamping that fine Italian clear coat...
Well, I have the whole front clear bra, so it didn't do any damage.

They were actually pretty nice guys- kids really. They were super apologetic when I confronted them. The thing is most people have no idea about proper etiquette. Kind of like those people parallel parking and bumping the cars as they go in.

The Ferrari just garners way too much attention to really be practical. It's like a friend of mine says, "The Ferrari is not an A to B car. It's an A to B with a 5 minute interval and back to A."
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #56
nmehta211
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

I truly fall in love with my car every drive. I live in Manhattan, and barely drive it during the week, but on a nice Sunday morning through the hills of NY or CT, what a blast!

I just got back from dinner in Westchester--hearing that intake roar in 30 degree weather makes this car just intoxicating!

08 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #2--Sold
99 E36 M3 Cosmos, #1--Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #57
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Love it! The cold start in the mornings is what I look forward to every morning.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #58
JJunkins
M3GAHTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4

Thought I'd put this out there and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I drive my M3 with the radio off just to listen to the awesomeness of the car as it's just "noise" after listening to the BMW Combustion Symphony Orchestra at the tune of 414hp.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #59
AshyLarryMP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip3's View Post
GIDRIVER I can totally relate! One of the guys I went to HS with had an e30 and I still remeber the first time I saw an E36. I lived in NYC from 2000 to 2006 so a car wasn't an option, but in 2006 my obsession with the E46 began. Due to life circumstances I wasn't able to get a BMW until about 2 months ago. My intention was to be reasonable with my money and get a 2008 G37 at around $25k. One of my co-workers said "GO BIG or GO fHOME...just get the M3". So I made a poor financial decision and spent
$43k on a 2009 M3. I now use the car as a DD and have perma-grin.
I've never been a BMW fan. I was going to get a 2009 infinity G37 because it's pretty fast, luxurious, and cheap. I read and watched all the reviews and comparisons for the M3. It pretty much won every comparison. I didn't really even need to test drive one. The reviewers were right. Everything was as promised. It's my daily driver and I love it. It wasn't a great financial decision, but it was a great life decision.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #60
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

I wanted to have a ///M3 for more than 20 years,and i alway's knew it was a fantastic car,so when i bought my car...i never did a test drive !
But i was wrong ?!?!
She is even better than....fantastic !!!
Appreciate 0