BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
atorrealba
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Exclamation HELP: Key Fob and Ignition are inoperative, Steering Wheel locked

Anyone here a master tech or know anything about the ECU/software hard codes on the most annoying 3-series which is the E92?

Last week, my two front tires went flat on my E92 M3, Got it towed this morning for free (warranty expired but supposedly cause its M3 its lifetime RSA for flat tires) and was able to slowly mount it back on a flat bed truck with no codes other than TPMS.

The problem is, the tow truck driver didn't put the hook on the front bumper location but under the bumper near the left driver's tire somewhere on the sub frame. Upon hooking it I think he jerked it ALMOST a bit too much to where even w/ the E-brake/Park the tires rotated and I heard a locking sound

I didn't think much of it, until we got to the stealership when I tried to insert the keyfob in the ignition switch/fob wasnt making that start up click noise, and it literally wouldn't even unlock or light up a SINGLE light on the cluster such as gear it's in or even show the time/temps, just pitch black. I waited a bit then tried to ignite it against, no cigar.

The key fob literally won't even unlock/lock ANYTHING not even comfort access is working, no noises or emergency alarm is registering or going off.

The jackass tower got hesitant then decided to use tire polish on the bed to move the car up and down the ramp until it shimmied with the e-brake off and flat tires making an odd noise, luckily it was a small incline and the car descended but a bit too quickly where my tailpipe JUST barely kissed the ground. He told me to try turn it on now, but the steering wheel was still locked entirely and now tilted 45 degrees to the right.

Idk what the fuck is happening, I've been trying for hours using the metal key to unlock the door, and leaving fob in hoping it would come to life, not even the trunk opens.

I went to AAP asking for a battery alternator check but they said car its too far for them to help, but they told me that it's most likely the car had a security lock that the towing hook prob caused it.

I don't know what the FUCK to do the car in the dealer service parking lot and the BMW CS phone master Techs supposedly dont help until 8:00 AM monday
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
atorrealba
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Anyone have an idea or solution that can help me at least start the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Maybe he busted the ground strap under the car??

I'd guess he hit something electrical.. you check all your fuses?

Keep us posted!