BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

05-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
MikeeM3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 600whp M4

Dyno tune is booked at Eurocharged... who else on here had their M3's tuned??

Hi guys,

I just booked my dyno tune this morning and im still not 100% convinced that i made the right decision... i will explain a little more my story.

I bought the car and the previous owner had already an exhaust + catless pipes + Evolve R tune !! I have completed the FBO built by adding an AFE stage2 intake & some MS lightweight pulley's !!

I have called Evolve and they told me that the EvolveR tune was gonna adapt itself to the new parts and a reflash was not needed... i know Evolve is a good trustalble company but in my opinion a real dyno tune is more efficient and effective compared to a basic map that the company send you.

Im afraid and putting the car on the dyno to see whats the power of the car before the tune and get a good amount of power and after switching software and get the car tuned, getting only a minimal gain

Would you do it if you were in my shoes or you would keep the 800$ and only run the Evolve tune??

Thanks for the help
-Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #2
MikeeM3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 600whp M4

Nobody??
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

No I wouldn't bother.

Definitely get it dyno'ed on a dynojet so you can do a comparison with similar setup M3's in the dyno database. If you're not getting similar numbers let Evolve know and I'm sure they'll look into it.

As for customized dyno tune it doesn't seem to be necessary for our ecu's but if you want to spend the money more power to you...
Appreciate 0