BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Why not try this?

Take your car to CarMax and see what's it's worth

with a 37k Residual, you may come out on top!

If they offer you 40k for it, you can use that 3k towards leasing a new e93 m3

the new leases are amazingly cheap

I say take that $5100 towards leasing a new E93

It can cover the drive off and 3 payments or so.

You get the new upgraded nav etc, a new car, 4 years of full warranty...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #24
RL in Florida
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_phox View Post
this is what they quoted me...
Im glad i found this thread...I was just about to pull the trigger. Im also waiting on a reply back from the rep asking is there a way that this warranty can take effect IMMEDIATELY after my factory warranty and if there is a mileage restriction where i must purchase the warranty before. It make no since to get the warranty now, when my car is only 9months old...
This one doesnt cover the clutch either, and thats the part I am worried about the most.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #25
RL in Florida
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Why not try this?

Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #26
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3

not worth it IMO
      07-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #27
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Im glad i found this thread...I was just about to pull the trigger. Im also waiting on a reply back from the rep asking is there a way that this warranty can take effect IMMEDIATELY after my factory warranty and if there is a mileage restriction where i must purchase the warranty before. It make no since to get the warranty now, when my car is only 9months old...
correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the extended warranty is a "tack on" to your existing warranty, so no gaps if you buy it before your factory warranty expires.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #28
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Wouldn't it be better to have them CPO it and sell it back to you?
The residual of '08 lease that I turned in was $37,xxx. The dealer CPO'd it and put it out in their used car showroom with a sticker price of $49,xxx.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #29
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

You can always negotiate something to keep it reasonable. For example my 2010 M3 will have a residual of about $43k and a value approaching $60k. The dealer will buy it at the residual (so there's no "loyalty fee"), CPO it, and only mark it up another $800 making a sale price to me of about $47k. And right now there are good lease numbers on CPO cars making a re-lease through the dealership a real possibility.
      07-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #30
09E92M34ME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

i would save now and gamble later
09 E92 M3,AW/FR. MODS:Performane Kidney Grills,Side Gills,Exhaust Tips,BMW Performance Pedals,359 Satin Black GTS Wheels,275/35/19R & 255/35/19F PSS's,Dinan Stage I Suspension,Macht Schnell Spacers 12mmF,5mmR,Rear Fogs,Euphoria 6k,LCI Tails,LUX v3,OEM IND Painted Alpine White CF Performance Spoiler, Front Splitters, and Front Reflectors,Gloss Black Hood Vents,M Performance Steering Wheel.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #31
Ctm309
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 AW Carbon roof DCT '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL in Florida View Post
I am coming to the end of my lease, and was thinking of buying the car out and adding an extended warranty. My car is a 2008 M3 Convertible DCT, fully loaded except has 18" wheels. Has 49K miles, but residual is only $37000.

Got a quote for the BMW Extended Vehicle Protection GOLD

Exclusions are:
DCT Clutch Assembly
$5100 !?

can add coverage for Nav/CD/Radio for extra $600.

Am I right in thinking this price is out of line?

Any advice appreciated..
thanks in advance!
It sounds like the DCT - transmission is covered, just not the clutch.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #32
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
i asked, and they said its not allowed. Or maybe they just dont know how. They seemed kind of clueless. They told me that EVERYTHING would be covered under the BMW Gold Extended Warranty, and that I would especially want it because I have a DCT with a convertible top.

I pointed the exclusions out to them in the contract, and they were unaware. I wonder how many of these they have sold to customers who believed the DCT was covered?
That's TOTAL bullshit! When I got my car the dealership told me that BMW dealers are no longer allowed to CPO M cars. It pissed me off, because they know I'm an automotive writer and have connections at BMWNA, and plus the salesman is a decent friend of mine.

So I called a PR friend at BMWNA and he laughed at told me that they were clearly lying to me just so they could get out of the the CPO warranty process, or so they could sell their own. I went to purchase the car, and they offered me the BMW M CPO warranty and then THEIR warranty for 300 bones less. I chose to do neither and laughed at how much money they wanted.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #33
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Quote:
The attached PDF for the PENTAGON MGMT COMPANY warranty. Is that the BMW warranty or a warranty from a third party?

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #34
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
i asked, and they said its not allowed. Or maybe they just dont know how. They seemed kind of clueless. They told me that EVERYTHING would be covered under the BMW Gold Extended Warranty, and that I would especially want it because I have a DCT with a convertible top.

I pointed the exclusions out to them in the contract, and they were unaware. I wonder how many of these they have sold to customers who believed the DCT was covered?
That's bullshit. My father did exactly that on his 750Li lease at a dealer here in PA. He drove it for 3 years, then bought it back CPO.

Sounds like they are just trying to make money off you on the warranty if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #35
aka_phox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertilble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
The attached PDF for the PENTAGON MGMT COMPANY warranty. Is that the BMW warranty or a warranty from a third party?

Leif W.
Not sure...

'11.5 SG E93/6MT/ALL BOXES CHECKED
BLACK GRILL/BLACK SIDE GILLS/15% TINT/PAINTED REFLECTORS/SPACERS/ANGEL iBRIGHTS/20'' VOSSEN CV3/VINYL WRAPPED SHADOW LINE TRIM/ETS-POWER TUNE/
///M-FLIGHT MEMBER
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #36
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

DCT not included?? Forget it!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #37
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
The residual of '08 lease that I turned in was $37,xxx. The dealer CPO'd it and put it out in their used car showroom with a sticker price of $49,xxx.

wow..that is nuts. i knew the markup was bad, but not that bad.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #38
L-Altos
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I wouldnt gamble simply because there are too many electronic variables in the engine/drive train. Your SES light goes on, you go to the dealer and its an O2 sensor. No wait, the light came back on, its your other O2 sensor. No wait, its your wiring harness, I mean your ECU, i mean your catalytic converter. Hmmm, lets open a PUMA case?

Five trips to the dealer and I added up the parts/labor and diagnostics. Easily over 5K, and i didnt even see it as a big problem. It was just the computer unable to manage increased emissions. If the NAV/display goes out, same thing; could be a diagnostic headache.

The electronic systems on theses cars can be like a water leak in your house; fix the damage, address the problem, find the source etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #39
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Altos View Post
I wouldnt gamble simply because there are too many electronic variables in the engine/drive train. Your SES light goes on, you go to the dealer and its an O2 sensor. No wait, the light came back on, its your other O2 sensor. No wait, its your wiring harness, I mean your ECU, i mean your catalytic converter. Hmmm, lets open a PUMA case?

Five trips to the dealer and I added up the parts/labor and diagnostics. Easily over 5K, and i didnt even see it as a big problem. It was just the computer unable to manage increased emissions. If the NAV/display goes out, same thing; could be a diagnostic headache.

The electronic systems on theses cars can be like a water leak in your house; fix the damage, address the problem, find the source etc.
+1 you are 100% correct don't take the risk . Get a extended warranty I had something like this happen to my current 2008 E92 M3. I had 52000+ miles on my M3 and my car went into limp mode Stealership had my car for almost a month throttle control valve went bad they replaced it, did not fully correct the problem something still wrong car not running at full power. It took them forever but I was in no rush since I am deployed. They torn my engine down only to find out bad O2 sensor as well. They also had to replace the spark plugs . It was a good thing I had a extended warranty because the only thing I had to pay for was the spark plugs .

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #40
asp17
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Comp

I was Quoted $5700 For BMW Platinum. 12mo or 18mo Payments, No interest.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Platinum.pdf (225.8 KB, 982 views)
      07-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #41
sssahib
Private
Rep
Drives: 09' SSII E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
I am coming to the end of my lease, and was thinking of buying the car out and adding an extended warranty. My car is a 2008 M3 Convertible DCT, fully loaded except has 18" wheels. Has 49K miles, but residual is only $37000.

Got a quote for the BMW Extended Vehicle Protection GOLD

Exclusions are:
DCT Clutch Assembly
Radio,CD,Navigation
Convertible Top (except electronics)
Air and Water Leaks
Body parts (mirror, body gaskets, wind or body noise, rust, corrosion)
Wear and Tear Items (including suspension parts and components)

$5100 !?

can add coverage for Nav/CD/Radio for extra $600.

Am I right in thinking this price is out of line?

Any advice appreciated..
thanks in advance!
Sell it, put that money towards a new/er M :-) You'll have warranty and a new/er car. hehe
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #42
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
wow..that is nuts. i knew the markup was bad, but not that bad.
The mark-up was even more.
The dealer will actually get the car for the Auction price, which is usually below the residual at the end of the lease.
When the 335 lease was up, I asked Wil at Nick Alexander (now back at Long Beach BMW) what he could do for me. He sold the car back to me (without CPO) for $2,500 below my residual and he made money too.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #43
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I was quoted the same for the Gold EVP...

I ended up paying for the Powertrain Plus which I still feel is a rip-off but at least I have some coverage if something goes wrong. I'm not afraid to turn a wrench but there's a ton of complex stuff I don't think I could figure out myself if something went wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #44
RL in Florida
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssahib View Post
Sell it, put that money towards a new/er M :-) You'll have warranty and a new/er car. hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Why not try this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Altos View Post

Thanks all for the advice.
Carmax offered me 42000, and BMW dealer agreed to match it if i bought a new car, and gave me BMW Loyalty special too.

Once I added up the costs (maintenance, warranty or putting aside $), it just didn't make sense to buy out the lease anymore.

SO.....i got into a 2011 Jerez Black M3 Sedan. I am still in the break in period, so I havent had a chance to really try it out, but the new M3 is awesome! I hate to admit it, but losing the extra weight of the convertible makes a definite difference! It just feels super light now, with crisper turn in, zippier acceleration, and just a totally different feel.

Having the top down on a cool night was awe inspiring too, but I live in Florida and I think I took the top down less than once a month.

My monthly payments on the new M3 (lease 36 months 15k miles a year) ended up being just below 1K with no money at inception. My monthly payments for the old M3 would have been 900 if I skipped the warranty and didn't include maintenance.

Once the break in is over, I'll let everyone know what my verdict is on the Sedan vs Convertible!

New Navigation and electronics are superb compared to the 08 btw! Full screen nav rocks! BMW Apps looks promising, and having a real trunk/boot is a revelation...
Appreciate 0