BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2018, 02:20 AM   #45
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

It sure as fuck ain't raining men here!

+9C, mildly miserable, and my dog ditched me. Fucking traitor.

Happy Tuesday everybody! I'm going to go blow up a wall or two!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1343.50

      09-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #46
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
5,988
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
It sure as fuck ain't raining men here!
Because #scaryblondelady will show us up in ditch digging, even if we can use the thingy to dig with. AND, we don't want to end up in the hole for borrowing the tape to see if deep enough yet.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1343.50
Lups10094.50

      09-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #47
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
2724
Rep
1,192
Posts

Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Because #scaryblondelady will show us up in ditch digging, even if we can use the thingy to dig with. AND, we don't want to end up in the hole for borrowing the tape to see if deep enough yet.
In fairness, you could say that she has a great deal of experience in digging herself into a hole by her words / actions.

She's just applying this skill to actual ground. Should be a pro star.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1343.50
Lups10094.50

      09-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #48
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1344
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
No, I was enjoying this.

My God...I've completely lost track. What on Earth (if, in fact, you are on Earth) are you trying to do exactly?
Appreciate 2
wrickem677.00
Lups10094.50

      09-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #49
Real Dodger
Major General
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
4311
Rep
5,212
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
My God...I've completely lost track. What on Earth (if, in fact, you are on Earth) are you trying to do exactly?
Recreating the San Andreas fault?
__________________
lux rubrum dominator
Appreciate 2
Lups10094.50
Sea-Tac1343.50

      09-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #50
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
5,988
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I figured she was pouring red concrete in there to simulate a big chile across her floor

Don't hate the STRUGGLIN artisté
Appreciate 2
Lups10094.50
Sea-Tac1343.50

      09-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #51
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
My God...I've completely lost track. What on Earth (if, in fact, you are on Earth) are you trying to do exactly?
I'm doing new sewer lines! The dig is just a hobby, and one day I'll be drunk enough to paste here what I told the big boys about that digging project. That one is so erased from my history I haven't taken one photo of it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1343.50

      09-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #52
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Because #scaryblondelady will show us up in ditch digging, even if we can use the thingy to dig with. AND, we don't want to end up in the hole for borrowing the tape to see if deep enough yet.
I got that done yesterday. That was a tiny one, and not even that deep, only abt 180 cm deep. That's for the new sewer line, which is the reason I need to blow up the floors in the basement.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #53
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

I'm beginning to think you guys think I'm taking this project seriously.

This thread will be filled with everything I fuck up. We have enough serious shit going on around here and too many serious house projects too. This is my third home renovation from the grounds up, I've build from scratch some too and since I'm emotionally invested in this one (and I got a metric ton of money riding on this thanks to bets) let's have a laugh!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 3
Sea-Tac1343.50
FCobra942133.50

      09-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #54
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1344
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm doing new sewer lines! The dig is just a hobby, and one day I'll be drunk enough to paste here what I told the big boys about that digging project. That one is so erased from my history I haven't taken one photo of it.
Lups...

Serious question...do you own this property or have some arrangement with the owner (I believe it was your Aunt) to do these 'renovations'?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #55
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1344
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm beginning to think you guys think I'm taking this project seriously.

This thread will be filled with everything I fuck up. We have enough serious shit going on around here and too many serious house projects too. This is my third home renovation from the grounds up, I've build from scratch some too and since I'm emotionally invested in this one (and I got a metric ton of money riding on this thanks to bets) let's have a laugh!
I am awestruck !
Appreciate 1
Lups10094.50

      09-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #56
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1344
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Recreating the San Andreas fault?
Appreciate 1
Lups10094.50

      09-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #57
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Lups...

Serious question...do you own this property or have some arrangement with the owner (I believe it was your Aunt) to do these 'renovations'?
Lol, thanks to Finnish banks shutting down apparently for months in a hot summer, I will own it next week. Global warming stopped working for my wallet a month ago, that's how long the real ditch project has been going on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1343.50

      09-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #58
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
Lucky John's Avatar
United_States
303
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: All seven in this little box?
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Lups, run this by me again. You are digging an eight foot deep trench 250 feet long to connect to the city sewer line. I had some thoughts...

First and foremost you do know that the ground can collapse while you are in the trench and people get crushed every year while doing this work. That said, why eight feet? Is it because the main line is already that low in the house? Can you just install a septic system?

I don't know what they call them over there but the tool you need is called a ditchwitch. It is like a giant chain saw for the ground and will leave enough space for running pipe/line etc. The depth is the issue. Even my backhoe here at the farm only goes to six feet. Most trenching is only three feet. For a sewer line that starts at basement level I would determine if the line can be rerouted and exit higher up, then you would only have to dig say two feet most of the way. The line has to have a code level of slope so the refuse washes down. When you get near the trees I can't imagine even with power tools trying to get through those roots let alone with hand tools.


Another option but I doubt anyone rents this is a boring tool. They dig a hole like the one you have started and then they use water to bore/blast a hole under everything without actually doing the trenching. They can run the new line under it all. The problem with this method is cost and large rocks in the way.

Good Luck with it, John
Appreciate 1
Lups10094.50

      09-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #59
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John View Post
Lups, run this by me again. You are digging an eight foot deep trench 250 feet long to connect to the city sewer line. I had some thoughts...

First and foremost you do know that the ground can collapse while you are in the trench and people get crushed every year while doing this work. That said, why eight feet? Is it because the main line is already that low in the house? Can you just install a septic system?

I don't know what they call them over there but the tool you need is called a ditchwitch. It is like a giant chain saw for the ground and will leave enough space for running pipe/line etc. The depth is the issue. Even my backhoe here at the farm only goes to six feet. Most trenching is only three feet. For a sewer line that starts at basement level I would determine if the line can be rerouted and exit higher up, then you would only have to dig say two feet most of the way. The line has to have a code level of slope so the refuse washes down. When you get near the trees I can't imagine even with power tools trying to get through those roots let alone with hand tools.


Another option but I doubt anyone rents this is a boring tool. They dig a hole like the one you have started and then they use water to bore/blast a hole under everything without actually doing the trenching. They can run the new line under it all. The problem with this method is cost and large rocks in the way.

Good Luck with it, John
Good God, men!

Look. I'm mildly stubborn. By mildly I mean when I go in to my fuck you all mode, it takes a ton of fuck ups and an absolute failure to get me to quit.

The excavator contractors pissed me off royally, and for the old side of the house it's mostly clay and rocks and there is no way to make it collapse. I fucking know because digging it was hell and the unbelievable amount of whining I've done on the topic since July has ensured that I won't be doing that from start to finish.

The new plan is never to talk about that failure. And excavator will show up next spring and handle it and I'll just finish the shitty bit I've started. The key point about that plan is the part where we all spare my bruised ego, and we do not discuss it!

As for that, tiny and not even deep ditch, it's on sand which is easy to dig up, and I've already filled it since the place I needed to connect the pipe to was merely two meters from the garage.that was like 2 hours of labor if I hadn't needed any five to cough up my lungs in between shoveling.

Stop worrying! The most likely cause of death for me won't be a ditch it'll be something far more stupid. That's why I've been banned from cutting down logs since 2016 and my chainsaw even was condiscated by a very mean hubby.

I even got most of the old pipes surrounding the house, the draining pipes in working order which has mildly pissed me off more because that made the first fucking drench project a bit ... Extra spicy for my ego.

You're a doll for worrying, but I've actually dug one house surroundings ones by hand and I jus forgot that 17 years has made my physical stamina a joke and my ego has swollen massively to take its place. As mentioned, my family is getting their kicks out of this, hubby brings me water with tiny umbrellas when it's raining, the kids love sunbathing next to my site and they've taught our stupid dog to sing on command to make the site unbearable.

This thread is about the joy and fun of an insane project. It's not meant to be a guide book for anyone sane.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 3
      09-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #60
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
5,988
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Sara had shoes/boyfriends. Lups has construction sites
Appreciate 1
Lups10094.50

      09-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #61
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Sara had shoes/boyfriends. Lups has construction sites
And heavy tools, I got those too!

Tomorrow at 4.30 am I shall blow up the former kitchen, the future laundry room/ family entrance/ dog washing pit room. One teeny problem.

It's full of dishes. And shit. And fuck this family why does each of us have this epically much stuff!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUCK.

Well, my plan is solid as always. I will make the kid carry out all the dishes, pots and pans and the right coffee machines and they can wash them and Pack them up to boxes while I tear out the cabins, stoves and we'll, everything else. With any luck after this weekend I'll have a working sewer and perhaps also water in one room and next week we'll aim for a toilet.

I also made my hubby the happiest man alive today. I lost my voice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
FCobra942133.50

      09-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #62
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
5461
Rep
5,988
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

But can still type
Appreciate 1
Lups10094.50

      09-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #63
Real Dodger
Major General
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
4311
Rep
5,212
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
And heavy tools, I got those too!

Tomorrow at 4.30 am I shall blow up the former kitchen, the future laundry room/ family entrance/ dog washing pit room. One teeny problem.

It's full of dishes. And shit. And fuck this family why does each of us have this epically much stuff!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUCK.

Well, my plan is solid as always. I will make the kid carry out all the dishes, pots and pans and the right coffee machines and they can wash them and Pack them up to boxes while I tear out the cabins, stoves and we'll, everything else. With any luck after this weekend I'll have a working sewer and perhaps also water in one room and next week we'll aim for a toilet.

I also made my hubby the happiest man alive today. I lost my voice.
Shouldn't the kids be at school? Or are they learning at the school of hard knocks? (Hopefully without the broken ribs!)
__________________
lux rubrum dominator
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #64
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Shouldn't the kids be at school? Or are they learning at the school of hard knocks? (Hopefully without the broken ribs!)
They're at school though their teachers would probably give them the month off no questions asked.

Dude, at the latest they're off at 3. That means six more hours awake!

I have a mild itch that they're also loving this project since they always show up to help and to make fun of me.i love them for it even more than I did before this and I thought that was impossible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #65
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10095
Rep
14,984
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
I've had a lot of bad days lately (edited )
Hi.

I'll pm you tomorrow and let's chat. I'd love to be there for you. I won't bring this all up for a discussion in this thread since I honestly think I can be there for you and i in this was just trying to make people to have a laugh.

The serious times you're referring are familiar to me in so many ways. Let's talk, but let's have one just for laughs thread here that's completely insane.

As always and for all my friends here, I can be contacted via my email.

hidingbehindanick@hotmail.com but that's for more serious shit than boobs can do on a forum.

Anna
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #66
Chappers 71
Colonel
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1144
Rep
2,974
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Cheers Anna I didn't mean to bring your thread down, however just posting that has made me feel better, so thank you.
Roy
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 1
Lups10094.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST