BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Mporium BMW

01-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Eaton, Ohio Area

Hello all. I just recently purchased a car that is located in Eaton, Ohio. The extent of my Ohio knowledge has been in the Cleveland and its surrounding areas for work, so I don't know much (read anything) about Eaton. The plan is to be driving up from Atlanta and arrive late Friday and grab a hotel. We'll get going Saturday morning, finish things up, and then drive back home.

Anyone have any areas they recommend staying? Anything up that way that should be a pitstop for the trip? Figured I'd reach out to my Bimmer buddies before I make the trip!

Tyler
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
jmeek83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe

Hey Tyler,
I grew up in the area (Kettering). Not a whole lot in Eaton - a bar or two. You'll be stuck staying in Richmond, Dayton, or Cinci / Columbus areas if you're looking to have fun.

Eaton's a boatload of farmland. Not a bad area, there's just nothing to do there. Should be fun to try out your new ride though!
Jeremy
13 M3 Coupe Stripper 6MT Space Gray / Black / Carbon - Dinan intake, pulley, springs, toe links, monoballs, strut braces, ride and handling kit with Bilstein B8's, MPE V2, MP Carbon Spoiler, UCP, Autosolutions SSK, Turner Solid Subframe bushings, Goodridge ss lines
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2018, 08:58 AM   #3
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeek83 View Post
Hey Tyler,
I grew up in the area (Kettering). Not a whole lot in Eaton - a bar or two. You'll be stuck staying in Richmond, Dayton, or Cinci / Columbus areas if you're looking to have fun.

Eaton's a boatload of farmland. Not a bad area, there's just nothing to do there. Should be fun to try out your new ride though!
Jeremy
Thanks for the response, Jeremy. It's about a 9 hour ride home, so not looking to do too much. Just figured I'd check in on the best spot to grab a hotel Friday night and probably a bite of lunch before we hit the road home on Saturday.

I figure the roads will be a mess this time of year, so I'll be leaving the M at home in the garage for this trip. Excited to pick up a new garage mate, though!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

Depending on which non interstate roads you take to get to Eaton your choices will vary.

The Cincinnati, Over the Rhine (OTR) has lots of interesting restaurants. So if you stay near downtown Cincinnati that is an option.

If you want s College town Oxford has Miami University, so there are some areas of interest there. I personally have only been a few times.

Shooting up I75 to Middletown probably is the shortest non Interstate route (route 122). Depending on what time you're passing through, there are small pockets of good and bad areas. I work in Middletown and have Colleagues who live in Eaton.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the replies, folks. I think we're going to end up driving up early Saturday morning and picking up the new ride. Then we're going to head down to Cincinnati and get a hotel for the night. Catch some good grub there and make a trip of it (plus get a chance to get some decent miles on it without getting too far out).

So anywhere people recommend checking in Cincinnati?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 07:11 AM   #6
drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

Cincinnati has a pretty big craft brewery scene.

Taft's Ale House or Rheingeist are in the OTR District. But lots of choices in that area. If you have time in the morning go to Holtman's Donuts.

http://business.otrchamber.com/list/...d-beverages-22

Fountain Square and The Banks are two other areas to consider.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #7
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
I think the plan is to stay at the Westin in Cincinnati. I'm guessing that's a good central location.
Appreciate 0