BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

08-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #67
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M Powered View Post
I'm 24 bought my own 09 e90 with my own hard earned money. I sacrificed going out many nights with friends just to one day own my dream. There is nothing that pisses me off more than ignorant motherfuckers thinking that mommy and daddy bought my shit. In any case haters gonna hate!
Why are you so mad if you think you're the exception to this rule\thread? Why does it matter? It's the internet!
Maybe you're mad cuz some of us motherfuckers hit a nerve with you and maybe the mommy and daddy thing holds true?
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #68
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
yes but living at home w/ rents who cosign a 70k car?? A little backwards, but who am I..
I was young and retarded.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #69
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Because there is no feeling like being 100% debt free!
I'm looking forward to that day, but with my mortgage at 3.25%, car loan at 3%, and student loans <2%, I think I'll keep investing any extra.

That said, the nice thing about paying down debt is that you have a guaranteed return!

Last edited by davesaddiction; 08-22-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #70
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

I think this is more of a

'i worked my ass off for this car he shouldn't get it for free' thing.

and less of a

'he doesnt know how to control/drive it, its a public safety hazard' thing.

If everyone stops worrying about other people nobody will give a flying fuck about what anyone drives and their age
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #71
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

This thread is stupid.

They get them because many don't pay rent/mortgage or have other debts like student loans. If I didn't have my mortgage payment, I could be driving a new 458.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #72
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
I think this is more of a

'i worked my ass off for this car he shouldn't get it for free' thing.

and less of a

'he doesnt know how to control/drive it, its a public safety hazard' thing.

If everyone stops worrying about other people nobody will give a flying fuck about what anyone drives and their age
Actually if you read most of the original posts it was about public safety and driving moronic. The money conversations are just a side note.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #73
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I'm not even going to pretend like I'm one of the older guys (between 25-30). What annoys me is that

1) These "kids" don't realize that dropping eff this and MF this hardly helps them gain anymore respect.
2) Talk like they've already figured out life. I've learned so much in the last couple of years and still going. The whole, well us young kids probably know how to drive better than you old farts. No you don't! You haven't had as much seat time. That's just a prime example.

I have no problem with age. I have problem with people that don't understand what being humble means.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #74
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually if you read most of the original posts it was about public safety and driving moronic. The money conversations are just a side note.
Of course nobody wants to LOOK like the jealous kind of person. The safety aspect is used as an excuse to hate on the more fortunate. Just because you drove a shitbucket at age 18 doesn't mean everyone else has to as well.

Anyone can drive an M3 if they are mature, have common sense and a few years of sport car driving experience under their belt. I lemoned my 335 at age 18 (having it for 3 years) and got an M3 at 19. No accidents (just alot of tickets). Its not a lambo..one can easily acquire an M3 for less than 50k, perhaps even 45k.

The ultimate goal in working hard all these years is to be able to provide for our children in the future. And if my future son shows signs of maturity and is ready to handle a sport car you best believe I will buy him whatever is financially feasible for me to obtain.

The less butthurt envious 40+ year olds the better, bro

Whoever is actually worried about public safety, my comments don't apply to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #75
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Of course nobody wants to LOOK like the jealous kind of person. The safety aspect is used as an excuse to hate on the more fortunate. Just because you drove a shitbucket at age 18 doesn't mean everyone else has to as well.

Anyone can drive an M3 if they are mature, have common sense and a few years of sport car driving experience under their belt. I lemoned my 335 at age 18 (having it for 3 years) and got an M3 at 19. No accidents (just alot of tickets). Its not a lambo..one can easily acquire an M3 for less than 50k, perhaps even 45k.

The ultimate goal in working hard all these years is to be able to provide for our children in the future. And if my future son shows signs of maturity and is ready to handle a sport car you best believe I will buy him whatever is financially feasible for me to obtain.

The less butthurt envious 40+ year olds the better, bro

Whoever is actually worried about public safety, my comments don't apply to you.
Well thanks.

How did you drive a 335i at 15?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #76
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well thanks.

How did you drive a 335i at 15?
With a drivers permit at 15 and a half. If you're asking how we came to afford that car..financing.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #77
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
With a drivers permit at 15 and a half. If you're asking how we came to afford that car..financing.
How did you afford the financing at 15? In GA the state won't even allow you to work enough hours at 15 to procure an auto like that. I think you're limited to like 15-20 hours a week. Insurance had to be insane.

PS Not trying to be a jerk just seriously interested.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #78
dom_cmh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhanna16 View Post
Why does everyone hate on young M3 drivers? Why can't we all just get along and embrace the M brand together? Please discuss why you hate young M3 drivers.....You will soon realize that the people that hate on kids are the actual kids. LOL
No "hate" here. I know you are young from your other posts but all I'll say is give it 10-15 years and you will understand. As you get out into life and earn your own keep (assuming you will have to) and just experience life you begin to understand why it's not a good mix to have a 16 year old drive a car that is this expensive or fast. It's not hate, it's reality. I could care less if some kid hurts himself but you realize how these young drivers are a danger to others (you, your family, your friends) and that's where the hate comes from.

That being said this is America so people can spend money on what they want. I'm also sure there are plenty of exceptions to the rule so for those young drivers who exercise caution and paid for their own ride...great job!

Summer Fun - 2016 F80 M3 | Tanzanite | Black FULL Leather | 6MT | Executive | Lighting | Driver Assist | Adaptive Suspension | 19" Black Wheels | Black Grills & Sides | Roof
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #79
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How did you afford the financing at 15? In GA the state won't even allow you to work enough hours at 15 to procure an auto like that. I think you're limited to like 15-20 hours a week. Insurance had to be insane.

PS Not trying to be a jerk just seriously interested.
I don't think I implied that I purchased the vehicle myself...1st vehicle in my culture (I want to say culture for lack of a better word) is usually purchased by your parents. (coming from the Soviet Union, most Armenians prefer BMW and Merc to Honda and Toyota) And then second+ is your own responsibility. So I enjoyed it and then lemoned it, put the lemon juices down on an M3 and paid the rest myself now. Not a ravishing tale but ya
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #80
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

I'm 30 but I look like I only turned 24 yesterday. The look on old folks faces as I drive scare me.
      08-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #81
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M Powered View Post
I'm 24 bought my own 09 e90 with my own hard earned money. I sacrificed going out many nights with friends just to one day own my dream. There is nothing that pisses me off more than ignorant motherfuckers thinking that mommy and daddy bought my shit. In any case haters gonna hate!
In all honesty, if said person decides to purchase a 70k+ car while living at home with their parents, regardless of how they decide to justify it, their priorities are out of wack. Its relatively the same as the guy driving a car worth more then the price of their home. Life is all about priorities. Unfortunately its not until later in life that people realize this and by then for them its to late ie: ruined credit, no savings etc..
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)

Last edited by HeartMD; 08-22-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #82
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
I'm 30 but I look like I only turned 24 yesterday. The look on old folks faces as I drive scare me.
Ha! I dropped my car at the dealer this morning (due front brakes - under warranty still ), and another guy with basically the same car as mine pulled in a couple minutes after me. I told him "nice car" and said that I'd just gotten mine recently, and that I'd picked up wheels like his for a winter set, and he noticed my OEM 19s. I gathered that he'd bought his new, and I did wonder if a bit of the "punk kid" thought was going through his mind... I think I've lost enough hair that people perceive me a little older than I am, though. Still act like a 24 year old...

and an ///M is good medicine for keeping one young!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #83
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_cmh View Post
No "hate" here. I know you are young from your other posts but all I'll say is give it 10-15 years and you will understand. As you get out into life and earn your own keep (assuming you will have to) and just experience life you begin to understand why it's not a good mix to have a 16 year old drive a car that is this expensive or fast. It's not hate, it's reality. I could care less if some kid hurts himself but you realize how these young drivers are a danger to others (you, your family, your friends) and that's where the hate comes from.

That being said this is America so people can spend money on what they want. I'm also sure there are plenty of exceptions to the rule so for those young drivers who exercise caution and paid for their own ride...great job!
+100,000,02
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread