BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

03-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #23
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Quick update, I had Dave Dee's test pipes and the BPM stage 2 tune installed today. BM Techniks in Bayswater did a great job with the test pipe. Install. I drive home sedately then tackled the tune install with Dave.

I've got to say Dave Dee provided fantastic service through out this process and was very giving of his time and advice, be it before, during or after hours. He walked through the tune install over the phone while shadowing the install remotely on my lap top.

I went for a drive shortly after the tune install and immediately could notice more torque across the rev range. Acceleration seemed very smooth and I was less inclined to default to higher revs. The car was louder (not too loud) and more raspier, but sounded great.

I will no doubt experiment over the next few days. I haven't tried the Launch control yet.

I'm not sure why it took me 18 months to do the mod, but a great car just got better.

Thanks again David Dee
Haha! another convert
      04-09-2015, 05:03 AM   #24
Pato
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
Well had my test pipes and BPM stage 2 and DCT tune done yesterday by Dave and have to say

The improvement to the car is brilliant and dealing with Dave was a fantastic experience, I reckon everyone who has dealt with Dave in one way or another would say the same thing. It was great to deal with someone so passionate about the cars and actually cared, which is very rare these days. Mick, the gentlemen that does the test pipe install for Dave in Brisvegas is equally a great bloke and I would highly recommend both of them.

Thanks again Dave.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 05:22 AM   #25
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pato View Post
Well had my test pipes and BPM stage 2 and DCT tune done yesterday by Dave and have to say

The improvement to the car is brilliant and dealing with Dave was a fantastic experience, I reckon everyone who has dealt with Dave in one way or another would say the same thing. It was great to deal with someone so passionate about the cars and actually cared, which is very rare these days. Mick, the gentlemen that does the test pipe install for Dave in Brisvegas is equally a great bloke and I would highly recommend both of them.

Thanks again Dave.
A real pleasure J. Great to see you enjoying
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 05:40 AM   #26
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Quick update, I had Dave Dee's test pipes and the BPM stage 2 tune installed today. BM Techniks in Bayswater did a great job with the test pipe. Install. I drive home sedately then tackled the tune install with Dave.

I've got to say Dave Dee provided fantastic service through out this process and was very giving of his time and advice, be it before, during or after hours. He walked through the tune install over the phone while shadowing the install remotely on my lap top.

I went for a drive shortly after the tune install and immediately could notice more torque across the rev range. Acceleration seemed very smooth and I was less inclined to default to higher revs. The car was louder (not too loud) and more raspier, but sounded great.

I will no doubt experiment over the next few days. I haven't tried the Launch control yet.

I'm not sure why it took me 18 months to do the mod, but a great car just got better.

Thanks again David Dee
Here's a vid of your install, your car is way too clean underneath!

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #27
B73M
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ordered 2 sets of X-Pipes from M3world delivered to Singapore.

I like to give my sincere compliments to Dave for his patience and passion to custom make our x-pipes, according to our specifications.

The fitment and weld quality is top notch. Look at the golden brown deep fried Mcspicy pipes! It looks so good that i wanted to get it fitted asap even when too busy with work!
Not only did Dave promise to deliver within the suggested timeframe, he personally fitted the pipes on his own M3 to make sure everything is good (that explains the golden brown color) before shipping to Singapore.
From giving suggestions on the freight costing, insurance freight coverage, to precautions during installation.

I wish to thank Dave for his dedication to fulfill our orders, not having to wait too long.
Anybody looking for e9x M3 custom x pipes, be it in Asia or any part of the world, go for M3world!

Cheers Mate.
Attached Images

Last edited by B73M; 07-01-2015 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2015, 03:40 AM   #28
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B73M View Post
Ordered 2 sets of X-Pipes from M3world delivered to Singapore.

I like to give my sincere compliments to Dave for his patience and passion to custom make our x-pipes, according to our specifications.

The fitment and weld quality is top notch. Look at the golden brown deep fried Mcspicy pipes! It looks so good that i wanted to get it fitted asap even when too busy with work!
Not only did Dave promise to deliver within the suggested timeframe, he personally fitted the pipes on his own M3 to make sure everything is good (that explains the golden brown color) before shipping to Singapore.
From giving suggestions on the freight costing, insurance freight coverage, to precautions during installation.

I wish to thank Dave for his dedication to fulfill our orders, not having to wait too long.
Anybody looking for e9x M3 custom x pipes, be it in Asia or any part of the world, go for M3world!

Cheers Mate.
Thanks for the awesome review, just the sort of thing that makes development worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #29
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' F80 M3 ZCP

2nd shout out to Dave from Singapore.

I ordered a Quad Resonator X pipes from M3 World and the welding are indeed inline with our expectations.

If anyone is keen to go Catless but not wanting to attract too much attention, do give M3 World's Quad Resonators X pipes a go. You are looking at about 15-20% increase in volume.

The X Pipe is paired with my Capristo Valved Exhaust.

Impressions
Between 0-40% Throttle, with Valves Open or Close, it sounds sedate and very close to Stock X Pipe. From 40% throttle or more, this is where it starts to get loud.

Cruising at 100kph in 7th Gear with Valves Open, the X Pipe is absolutely quiet. In fact I hear more tyre sound compared to exhaust.

From RPM perspective (Valves Open) - 100% Throttle
600-2000RPM - Minimum Drone.
3000RPM - From here on, it starts to get loud.

There is a noticeable increase in exhaust burble/backfire which the external mic does not pick up too well.

On deceleration there is also a noticeable V8 Rumble which is a little similar to a WRX Boxer tone.

Capristo Muffler with Stock X Pipe

First Start Up after installation

Capristo Muffler with Stock X Pipe (Mic Mounted at Rear Bumper)

Capristo Muffler with M3 World Quad Resonators (Mic Mounted at Rear Bumper)

Overall I'm very happy with the X Pipes and Dave has been a top bloke to deal with !
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #30
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Pilot View Post
2nd shout out to Dave from Singapore.

I ordered a Quad Resonator X pipes from M3 World and the welding are indeed inline with our expectations.

If anyone is keen to go Catless but not wanting to attract too much attention, do give M3 World's Quad Resonators X pipes a go. You are looking at about 15-20% increase in volume.

The X Pipe is paired with my Capristo Valved Exhaust.

Impressions
Between 0-40% Throttle, with Valves Open or Close, it sounds sedate and very close to Stock X Pipe. From 40% throttle or more, this is where it starts to get loud.

Cruising at 100kph in 7th Gear with Valves Open, the X Pipe is absolutely quiet. In fact I hear more tyre sound compared to exhaust.

From RPM perspective (Valves Open) - 100% Throttle
600-2000RPM - Minimum Drone.
3000RPM - From here on, it starts to get loud.

There is a noticeable increase in exhaust burble/backfire which the external mic does not pick up too well.

On deceleration there is also a noticeable V8 Rumble which is a little similar to a WRX Boxer tone.

Capristo Muffler with Stock X Pipe

First Start Up after installation

Capristo Muffler with Stock X Pipe (Mic Mounted at Rear Bumper)

Capristo Muffler with M3 World Quad Resonators (Mic Mounted at Rear Bumper)

Overall I'm very happy with the X Pipes and Dave has been a top bloke to deal with !

My sincere gratitude to everyone who has taken the time out to post the results of these systems on their cars. There are quite a few varieties of mix with some great sound results too. The posted vids were really helpful, M3 Pilot, and I know would have taken quite a bit to put together, so thank you for sharing.
If we can produce enough of these we may be able to bump the price down even further by getting some of the mandrel bends pre manufactured saving welding
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:12 AM   #31
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Dave is there any market to get a titanium set up made or will the material costs make it not worthwhile? I am after a setup that will sound similar to the akra evo as opposed to the deeper sound?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:37 AM   #32
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Fantastic vids and great workmanship on that xpipe. Love the sound. Very pure sound
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 06:07 AM   #33
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
Dave is there any market to get a titanium set up made or will the material costs make it not worthwhile? I am after a setup that will sound similar to the akra evo as opposed to the deeper sound?
Good point but the personal brief is to produce something at an affordable price with a signature sound and using titanium or inconel changes both cost and sound.
Because an exhaust system is such an individual taste it's important to offer a repeatable and distinctive sound which in this case is the deep muscle car V8 sound with the catback. X-pipes again are distinctive and what we are doing is offering several choices, the 2.5" system gives a higher raspier pitch and the 2.75" a deep big block sound. The catback is what really defines the final sound, there are examples in this thread that show a Borla Atak and a Capristo both sounding totally different and our cat back which is more the traditional deep V8 sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSEA View Post
Fantastic vids and great workmanship on that xpipe. Love the sound. Very pure sound
Thanks Rob, the track version catback should be ready this week which will be unashamedly loud and big block sounding with valves to knock it back for incognito mode
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 06:18 AM   #34
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

That sounds like fun Dave. Whats the target price ?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 06:34 AM   #35
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That sounds like fun Dave. Whats the target price ?
Its the same price Rob, the full catback is $900 including GST and also includes separate pipes from the rear resonators to the mufflers,everything included for a bolt on solution.
We split the mufflers and pipes to make a cheaper shipping solution so the packed length is under a meter

The 90mm ceramic tips are $120 each and the valved option including remotes and hardware adds $352, so the cheapest system you can do for $900 and add some less expensive tips from a speed shop and add the ceramic tips later if you want.

The valves need to be specified at the time of manufacture, and they are a good option. Typically valves add around $1100 US but we can do them for $352 AUD including tax without cutting any corners or compromising quality
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #36
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Cheers Dave. Sounds like good value
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 09:20 PM   #37
De_Cruelz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Awesome stuff Dave! Really looking forward to the track version with valves Keeping a close eye on this thread!
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #38
American Dave
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Call me old fashioned or very conservative but going catless on road registered vehicle is taking a big risk in my opinion. While you might be able to keep the noise down a little you wont be able to reduce the smell of fuel. Even with the M3 World x-pipe with 2 high flow cats and 2 resonators combined with catless test pipes on my car you can smell plenty of burnt fuel when you stand behind by car at idle. The popo would certainly detect it too. The fines for running no catalytic converters are quite high and very from state to state.
Jerez Black 2008 6MT with Borla Atak Exhaust/ M3 World X Pipe and Test Pipes/ aFe Pro Stage 2 Intake / 19" Advan DZ-DF Forged Wheels wrapped in ContiSport Contact 5P 245/35/19 Fronts & 285/30/19 Rears/ KW Var 3 Coilovers / BPM Sports Stage 2 Tuned/ VAC Rod Bearing Replacement / Throttle Body Actuator Gear Set
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2015, 05:02 AM   #39
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Cruelz View Post
Awesome stuff Dave! Really looking forward to the track version with valves Keeping a close eye on this thread!
Should be able to test the "track" version this Friday. The only difference between what's on offer now will be the volume. Probably more difference between quiet and loud.
Valves are the way to go, no matter how good it sounds really loud there's always a time where you need it a bit quieter.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:22 AM   #40
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Dave, is it an otherwise stock car you're fitting the system to ?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:27 AM   #41
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dave, is it an otherwise stock car you're fitting the system to ?
No Rob, its the blue guinea pig , somebody has do to it
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:32 AM   #42
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Lol fair enough. Ive heard talk on the forums that SCs increase the volume of air through the system and therefore change the note, volume etc. In your experience is this the case?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:44 AM   #43
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol fair enough. Ive heard talk on the forums that SCs increase the volume of air through the system and therefore change the note, volume etc. In your experience is this the case?
That is true when the SC comes on boost it pushes more through the system but generally when not on boost there's not any real difference apart for the supercharger sound itself.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 05:49 AM   #44
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hopefully someone with a stocker gets one fitted up and does some vids for us. The videos the xpipe guys in singapore did were great
Appreciate 0