BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

11-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Car is at dealer Wednesday, need fast advice!

Hey guys, I ordered a '11 m3 coupe on Sept. 27. My SA called me that it is expected to arrive this Wednesday. However, I am kind of dissapointed with the price I received. I have bought cars from them in the past so I went to them first for my order. They gave me $3000 off msrp but now that I check out what others on here are getting, I'm regretting my order.

What can I do? Should I ask them to drop price more eventhough I already agreed on 3k off? I've heard of dealers giving 5k off.

Any advice appreciated,

many thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
maiken21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 Competition

Did you sign anything agreeing to the price? I know I didn't. If you gave a $1000 deposit and you walk away to save an additional $1500 it's a tough call, plus the extra wait. I know I got $5,700 off MSRP. If you didn't sign anything agreeing on price, I would try to negotiate. If you threaten to walk away, I would think they would work with you.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep

Yea that's what I am uncertain about. If I threaten to walk and they allow me to, then I'm stuck. Remember I'm in Miami where BMW dealers retail the heck out of their cars and especially a high demand m3.

I agreed on a price so I don't know whether to say anything or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
maiken21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 Competition

I know it would always bug the hell out of me knowing that I got screwed on the deal. You know what others are getting them for. I would absolutely say something. Just say, "I know we had agreed on a price but I also didn't know that you were screwing me.." Miami is no that far of a drive from SC. Buy the car from any of the suggested dealers that people on here are recommending, do a PC Delivery in South Carolina and drive it back home to Miami. You have to break it in anyway. You might as well do a lot of it on the ride home. How custom is your order? Call some dealers in the south east and see if anyone has one close to your order in stock or coming in soon. I know I couldn't be happy with the car if I know I paid too much. It would always be in the back of my mind, but that's just me. You have options..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Well I sure wouldnt say the dealer is "screwing you" like mentioned above.

For MOST people who walk into the dealer and get 3k off is pretty damn good. It just happens that we have a community here where we are able to compare nationwide purchase prices. Each area is different of course. Like you said your area is in more demand.

If you are unhappy with the deal then you need to take the risk and be able to walk away from it. Personally i dont think its that bad of a deal if its the car you want and its ready NOW.
      11-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Congrats on the car OP.

Anyway, a friend of mine is also in the market for a 2011 e90 m3 6-speed.

He was asking me what is a good price for a standard 2011 e90 m3 6-speed OTD? I I told him that I really have no idea how much one costs so I said that I would check here in the forum with you guys.

Is $65K an ideal price OTD? Or is that too high? The price that I mentioned is for a standard '11 e90 M3 6-speed. I think what my friend meant by standard was not clicking any options when going to the BMW USA website. No 19" rims, no comp package, etc.

Is it better for him to purchase one brand new or is he better off purchasing one used with less than 10K miles?

Thanks in advance guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
FastM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Renogtiate The Price!!!! I Just Did The Same Thing On My Lease.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep

Thanks guys...

I emailed...

Hi,

I called and left you a message last week. I truly appreciate all your efforts in making a positive buying experience for me. However, reading through BMW forums and calling a few dealers to confirm the greatness of my deal, I've come to find dealers offering m3's at invoice or slighly above. I have the dealers, names and emails proving this.

You were the first dealer I called because I have bought and traded in other vehicles with you guys, I assumed I was getting a great deal. But I feel like you could've done better. I also know you get a nice bonus for selling an m3. At the end, we are both in sales and we tend to want the most out of our products. But at the end, one customer that buys a car from you every 2 years and trades in the old one is worth a bit of sacrifice; don't you? I live just minutes away from you and it is very convenient for me to have a dealer that will work with me to match their competitors instead of having to drive a few hours.

Again, I really appreciate your efforts, and I know you can have a talk with your boss to make this right. Let's continue to do business. I am going to be in court Monday for jury duty, feel free to email me if this goes anywhere. I have a very nice gift for you regardless of outcome, you have been very helpfull.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Which dealer is it????
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
cheesy9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I don't know about you but I'd rather pay $1-2k more than have to wait for another car to be built and shipped.

Also, I heard there was some sort of $1.5k off deal from BMW you might be able to get.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
stevenross
General
Rep
Drives: a ride

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW X5 3.Slow  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
Which dealer is it????
could only be braman
'08 X5 3.Slow / Saphire Black Metallic on Black - Retained
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
timsev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
Thanks guys...

I emailed...

Hi,

I called and left you a message last week. I truly appreciate all your efforts in making a positive buying experience for me. However, reading through BMW forums and calling a few dealers to confirm the greatness of my deal, I've come to find dealers offering m3's at invoice or slighly above. I have the dealers, names and emails proving this.

You were the first dealer I called because I have bought and traded in other vehicles with you guys, I assumed I was getting a great deal. But I feel like you could've done better. I also know you get a nice bonus for selling an m3. At the end, we are both in sales and we tend to want the most out of our products. But at the end, one customer that buys a car from you every 2 years and trades in the old one is worth a bit of sacrifice; don't you? I live just minutes away from you and it is very convenient for me to have a dealer that will work with me to match their competitors instead of having to drive a few hours.

Again, I really appreciate your efforts, and I know you can have a talk with your boss to make this right. Let's continue to do business. I am going to be in court Monday for jury duty, feel free to email me if this goes anywhere. I have a very nice gift for you regardless of outcome, you have been very helpfull.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone

$3k off is a good price and you're not getting "screwed." Good luck getting any help from that dealer in the future. Is it worth a few hundred bucks to never get assistance from your closest dealer in the future?

You should probably get a legitimate offer from another dealer in writing before you make claims of a better deal because you "heard it on the internet."

And the sales guy doesn't get anything special from selling an M3. He'll get a very small flat fee. Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
01'325rip
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenross View Post
could only be braman
This.

Let me know what happens im curious to know how friendly braman associates are. From my experience i am not pleased the least bit but..... hopefully things go different for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Dntlvet
Dntlvet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 M3 Sedan,13 GT-R BE,13 Pors

Well price is not the full deal and relationships count too.
Definitely discuss what you found and see if they will provide some add ins to make the deal more comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

What was the result to this story?