BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

09-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
tailgate1234
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Silverstone II

NM Speeding Ticket

Anybody know the best way to get out of a speeding ticket in NM? Was pulled over and given the choice of admitting guilt on the spot or appearing in court. Apparently they aren't kidding about appearing and I now have to show up in person or be arrested. I live in Calif. so that's not the best option. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Sorry, I have no clue how to deal with your ticket. My observation is that enforcement is very aggressive in NM. I drove through NM a few days ago on I40. There were certainly lots of police and radar in evidence. I especially liked the so called "Safety Zones" where you are encouraged to turn your lights on "for safety", and, oh yeah, the penalties for infractions are double. There's also lots of construction (more double cost zones). By contrast, I only saw maybe 3 troopers passing through Arizona.
      10-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
Sorry, I have no clue how to deal with your ticket. My observation is that enforcement is very aggressive in NM. I drove through NM a few days ago on I40. There were certainly lots of police and radar in evidence. I especially liked the so called "Safety Zones" where you are encouraged to turn your lights on "for safety", and, oh yeah, the penalties for infractions are double. There's also lots of construction (more double cost zones). By contrast, I only saw maybe 3 troopers passing through Arizona.
careful in az - although maybe there are fewer dps officers on the highway, they aren't typically real lenient. in fact my court date is 10/28 - sad part is i owned my new e90 m3 for less than 48 hours and it was my first real drive and i got tagged with a criminal ticket.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
careful in az - although maybe there are fewer dps officers on the highway, they aren't typically real lenient. in fact my court date is 10/28 - sad part is i owned my new e90 m3 for less than 48 hours and it was my first real drive and i got tagged with a criminal ticket.
Update to my initial post. The initial post was based on traveling across Arizona (east to west) starting about 5:30 AM. On the way back to Texas a few weeks later, we crossed Arizona from mid-morning through late afternoon. We saw plenty of Arizona troopers.