BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

BPM

07-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #45
williebeemin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Monte Carlo Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Actually your original price was $2900 which was pretty much the same as a new set. WHen I asked you about it you knocked down the price to $1900 right off the bat. I can see your point regarding not wanting to sell the item below market price due to your mistake. However, you pretty much entered into a contract with willie long before you decided to cancel the deal. That's the problem. If willie had agreed to a deal with you for $4000 and then found out later that he overpaid above market value, and then decided to cancel the deal, we would be bashing him instead.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I even offered him 200 more after the fact because I felt bad for him!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #46
deeboym3
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

People like you seriously diminish the integrity of this forum. My guess is that you accepted wills offer and allowed him to pay just before a higher offer came in so you accepted that too. That suspension legally belongs to the buyer once paid for, making your actions extremely questionable at best and flat out illegal at worst. Sadly, itrader is all we have against BS like this.

Last edited by deeboym3; 07-05-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #47
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

The problem with iTrader is that unfortunately Willie will get retaliatory feedback when he did nothing wrong... That's just not right.

And, I'm stunned the OP is allowing his reputation & integrity to publicly go up in flames.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #48
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

Suspension is sold.

Again, I made a mistake on pricing and that is on me, I never disagreed but I can't just throw money out like that and contacted buyer immediately and let him know. I feel bad that I tried to be honest and put it out on the boards and should have left it to PMs.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #49
williebeemin
Private
Rep

You did NOT contact me immediately!!! It took you almost 4 days after I paid. You're a flake and thats all there is to it. I hope you explained to the buyer that you might back out after he pays if someone offers you more money... Oh yeah and how about the gash on the rear piece or the 8000 miles that is on the kit that you failed to mention.. Did you tell the new buyer that??

Last edited by williebeemin; 07-04-2014 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #50
bretster
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebeemin View Post
You did NOT contact me immediately!!! It took you almost 4 days after I paid. You're a flake and thats all there is to it. I hope you explained to the buyer that you might back out after he pays if someone offers you more money... Oh yeah and how about the gash on the rear piece or the 8000 miles that is on the kit that you failed to mention.. Did you tell the new buyer that??
dang put him on blast
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #51
DCR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 AW

I think this is in order here.....

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #52
rAdzM
Smashed!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
2006 BMW M5  [9.00]
ninja edit:

BBS | BREMBO | RECARO | ig: @euro_rad
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #53
206_m3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: YAS F80 M3

Whoa crazy....he pmed me maybe 4 days ago and told me the price was a mistake and made it even higher...when that happended I thought some shady business was going on....
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #54
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206_m3 View Post
Whoa crazy....he pmed me maybe 4 days ago and told me the price was a mistake and made it even higher...when that happended I thought some shady business was going on....
WOW!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #55
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

OP has a lot more important things going on in his life than suspension parts. Just give him a break.

Suspension is sold and he agreed that a mistake was made on the price. He's a good guy, so just leave whatever itrader rating you want and move along to another sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #56
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
OP has a lot more important things going on in his life than suspension parts. Just give him a break.

Suspension is sold and he agreed that a mistake was made on the price. He's a good guy, so just leave whatever itrader rating you want and move along to another sale.
This has nothing to do with whats going on outside of this forum.. If this happened to you, then you would see it differently. He was paid and waited 4 days after we finished the deal to back out. How is that ok??? If he had it overpriced and I agreed to buy it at that.. Is it ok for me to demand money back for what I think is fair?? No its not!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 06:30 PM   #57
bmw m3 s50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebeemin View Post
This has nothing to do with whats going on outside of this forum.. If this happened to you, then you would see it differently. He was paid and waited 4 days after we finished the deal to back out. How is that ok??? If he had it overpriced and I agreed to buy it at that.. Is it ok for me to demand money back for what I think is fair?? No its not!
How old are you? Why are you throwing a temper tantrum on the forum? I know the OP and he is a good seller and guy. I understand your upset that you didn't get the parts for what the agreed price was. Bottom line is you got your money back. He didn't hold your money and say you have to pay the difference. You were not scammed and there was nothing shady here the OP has posted on here the entire time and did not disappear with your money. You were refunded your money. This has happened to me where sellers refunded me money because they got more money from other people and guess what I found the same parts later on for sale. It happens, just move on there will be more coil overs for sale or if you really want the coil overs just buy them new.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #58
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
How old are you? Why are you throwing a temper tantrum on the forum? I know the OP and he is a good seller and guy. I understand your upset that you didn't get the parts for what the agreed price was. Bottom line is you got your money back. He didn't hold your money and say you have to pay the difference. You were not scammed and there was nothing shady here the OP has posted on here the entire time and did not disappear with your money. You were refunded your money. This has happened to me where sellers refunded me money because they got more money from other people and guess what I found the same parts later on for sale. It happens, just move on there will be more coil overs for sale or if you really want the coil overs just buy them new.

Age has nothing to do with this either and I could care less if you know him or not. He is wrong and didn't man up and honor his agreement. Yes Im pissed off because I passed on another set of coilovers to purchase his. So I lost out on both.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #59
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

If this dude has a sick kid, for anyone that has kids you can certainly sympathize. There are things more important than cars (if you can believe that ). Maybe consider giving this guy a break and moving on. Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #60
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Still a breach of contract, no? I think the OP should at least cover a portion of the lost expectation.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #61
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq View Post
If this dude has a sick kid, for anyone that has kids you can certainly sympathize. There are things more important than cars (if you can believe that ). Maybe consider giving this guy a break and moving on. Just saying.
I cant believe people on this forum think that this is ok. We had an agreement and I paid him. 4 days later he decides he wants more money. How in the hell is this ok??? He should have all his selling rights taken away. I also offered him $200 more after the fact because I felt sorry for him and now I'm the bad guy. WTF Oh and I do have a child that is the same age as his, and I hope that his son is ok but it still does not justify what he did.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 12:06 AM   #62
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Sounds like he contacted his buddies to come chime in on this thread...I suppose vice versa would be ok if you paid him the money and he posted it as sold, all potential buyers moved on and you decided nah I want my money back. Personal issues aside and regardless of anyone's character it's just bad business and people are probably upset that the integrity of selling on the forum has be a little compromised. Not disappearing doesn't make it right and however common it may be to some doesn't make it right either
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #63
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

I contacted NOBODY on this...other members have come out in my defense because they know who I am which also shows what kind of person I am...I don't NEED to call anyone! I have great friends and built great relationships on this forum so naturally they are going to defend me. My kid being sick has everything to do with this...7 months born in hospital and finally coming home so a quick look at the wrong receipt will and can happen and did happen...

Willie keeps clouding the issues.

ORIGINAL POST WAS 2900.00!!!

I mistakenly thought I posted too high and brought it down to 1900.00

NEXT MORNING figured out what I did and contacted Willie and offered refund - we wrote back and forth and THAT took 3-4 days (He also started bashing me online)

Day 4 - REFUNDED Willie because he would not pay the ORIGINAL PRICE OF 2900.00!!!!

Let me put it out there again.... ORIGINAL POSTED PRICE FOR SUSPENSION WAS 2900.00 - Willie was trying to take advantage of my mistake and get the suspension for 1900.00!!! THAT IS DISHONEST and a SWINDLE!!!! I STILL tried to work with him. Even after all this he gave me an Itrader that was totally different than what transpired on this thread...go look at it yourselves!

I was contacted AFTER refund took place and asked about suspension, components, damage, etc and it sold for near asking price and at correct market price.

Although this could be damaging because of peoples ideas about this transaction but I stick by it. I do that because I know I am right and won't be questioned about it. If this effects you buying something from me that is your decision but if you want to deal with me direct and honestly I am a phone call, PM, or post away. I wish Willie the best of luck.

Suspension sold - thread will no longer be visited by me and considered closed. Any questions please PM me instead of posting on here and will more than happily engage.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #64
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebeemin
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq View Post
I cant believe people on this forum think that this is ok. We had an agreement and I paid him. 4 days later he decides he wants more money. How in the hell is this ok??? He should have all his selling rights taken away. I also offered him $200 more after the fact because I felt sorry for him and now I'm the bad guy. WTF Oh and I do have a child that is the same age as his, and I hope that his son is ok but it still does not justify what he did.
I can understand you being pissed and I am not criticizing you at all. I didn't say it was right or ok, because I'm am not sure how you could screw up the pricing that badly, just saying that if his kid was in the hospital for 7 months, selling his coils probably wasn't on the forefront of OPs mind. All I was trying to say was try to have a little perspective and consider cutting OP a little slack. You'll get your coils and all will be good.

OP, we all hope your kid is ok. Best of luck. Just try to be more careful next time.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #65
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Are you now going to leave him negative feedback, because he rightfully did that to you? That would be completely inappropriate & wrong...
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #66
williebeemin
Private
Rep

This is what he posted on Itrader..

BMWDEMON 07-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Look at all other Itrader notifications which are 100% clean. Member is lying about transaction and is upset that he was not able to take advantage of me. Originally posted correct price, member questioned price and I did a quick check of my receipts and by mistake thought I had posted a price too high and changed it. Member and I agreed at lower price and next day I figured out what I did incorrectly and contacted member immediately. Once the mistake was discovered and I came forth with issue member refused to pay more than 200 dollars more than mistaken price and not pay originally posted price. I then let him know that I could not honor mistaken price as it was 1K below market and not willing to lose that much money. Member decided that it was not good enough and sought other links and to destroy my integrity. I posted rebuttal online which was also met with distinct distaste. I immediately refunded members money as agreed, although he says no, so that we could both moved on. Item sold to an honest member for the correct price as they and a few others realize that being honest on both sides is key to a good sale and know that I am an honest seller and buyer. Please be aware of purchaser who will try to take advantage of your mistake. Take my mistake as a lesson.

By the way... I can provide the transaction date on paypal if you would like to see it Michael and the first day that you contacted me about you not making enough money (4 days apart). If anyone else would like to see them I can post them publicly for everyone to see. I seriously think something is wrong with you. You are dishonest and you should be ashamed to call yourself a man.
Appreciate 0