BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

01-15-2024, 08:04 AM   #23
Tincan7
Rep
Drives: Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingBavaria View Post
I'll get everyone on the same page here. EAG had that car listed for $76,990. It's a full AW/FR ZCP stripper, total dream spec. Been listed there about 6 months.

It doesn't seem like anyone in this thread is aware, but Drew Leslie (famed skittles individual collection) bought EAG with some other guys. He's friends with fish2556 on IG who he just sold the car to. That Subaru dealership is either Fish's or he's heavily associated with it. No idea what the concept is for Drew to sell that car to him just for him to "flip" it at his own dealer?? But...

That's the tea.. not a fan of what's going on here at all. I'll stir the pot a little and say this is FAR from "enthusiast activity", but to each their own..
I never liked EAG but they did seem to fill a market niche of “people with a lot of money that don’t want to hunt for a car” but this seems borderline shady.

On a side note, I know the answer so this is more of a rant…but how the heck does EAG make money on these cars!? They buy them and then sit on them for months or even over a year with ridiculous prices. They only seem to do cosmetic work and never replace the RBs or TAs (which would help them sell faster to ‘knowledgeable’ buyers). I know, they are selling to people with lots of money but not the enthusiast, despite their name. Rant over.
Appreciate 5
GeoK104.50
UPSROD945.50
      01-16-2024, 08:48 AM   #24
OmairK
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 - 2011 E90 M3 6M ZCP

Less than 150 manual E90 M3 ZCP’s exist. Finding one with your asks is very difficult. Don’t give up!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 05:53 AM   #25
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbie View Post
Yeah for something like that check EAG regularly. Top dollar prices, but top level condition cars.

Does it need to be competition package? That limits you to only 2011 model year, and mild aftermarket suspension and conservative tune will get you above that level of performance it gives you. Just something to consider. (says the guy with an e90 comp package lol)
I agree on ZCP thoughts...but opposite of the masses. I extensively test drove a ZCP and non-ZCP E90 M3 (with stock non-EDC suspension) back in the day and decided to go with the non-EDC M3. I wasn't impressed at all with the EDC damping and decided during my test drives that the non-EDC suspension felt better especially over some bumpy cornering my route contained. I decided to go with that and if I later decided on the need to go with some MCS coilovers or similar that actually make a substantial performance difference. That was 12 years ago...
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 07:33 PM   #26
CravingBavaria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
I agree on ZCP thoughts...but opposite of the masses. I extensively test drove a ZCP and non-ZCP E90 M3 (with stock non-EDC suspension) back in the day and decided to go with the non-EDC M3. I wasn't impressed at all with the EDC damping and decided during my test drives that the non-EDC suspension felt better especially over some bumpy cornering my route contained. I decided to go with that and if I later decided on the need to go with some MCS coilovers or similar that actually make a substantial performance difference. That was 12 years ago...
I'm not sure OP's mindset, but if it's something he will want to get his money back on one day, generally ZCP's will be desirable just because the low production and appeal to a larger market being an *upgrade*. Even after owning a ZCP for 5 years and knowing there really isn't anything special about it, I still have people ask "is that a comp??". It's just one of those things.. Shouldn't be terribly hard to find a white 6mt ZCP in good condition sooner or later, at least not as hard as some other colors.
      01-18-2024, 10:20 PM   #27
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincan7 View Post
I never liked EAG but they did seem to fill a market niche of “people with a lot of money that don’t want to hunt for a car” but this seems borderline shady.

On a side note, I know the answer so this is more of a rant…but how the heck does EAG make money on these cars!? They buy them and then sit on them for months or even over a year with ridiculous prices. They only seem to do cosmetic work and never replace the RBs or TAs (which would help them sell faster to ‘knowledgeable’ buyers). I know, they are selling to people with lots of money but not the enthusiast, despite their name. Rant over.
Disagree, it’s an easy albeit lazy take to assume folks with the means to buy from EAG aren’t enthusiasts.

I went to school with Evan some odd 18 yrs ago and as a Junior in college he was scraping together a business basically brokering M Coupes, E30s and the like. The fact they made it happen is a success story and an absolute testament to their devotion to M cars. I’ll never bash them. Can’t speak to new owners if there are any.

Necessitating RB work isn’t the hallmark of a “knowledgeable” buyer as everyone has different risk tolerances. Also I’d always prefer to make that investment myself. Further mentioning TAs as a purchase requirement is f’ing laughable. Folks are welcome to do it, but especially at low mileage cars it’s a comical request and if anything marks you as an unserious buyer. If you can’t stomach replacing these then you probably can’t afford one of EAGs examples.
      01-18-2024, 11:55 PM   #28
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
I'm not sure OP's mindset, but if it's something he will want to get his money back on one day, generally ZCP's will be desirable just because the low production and appeal to a larger market being an *upgrade*. Even after owning a ZCP for 5 years and knowing there really isn't anything special about it, I still have people ask "is that a comp??". It's just one of those things.. Shouldn't be terribly hard to find a white 6mt ZCP in good condition sooner or later, at least not as hard as some other colors.
A lot of people think only competition models come with carbon roofs. I’ve had that said to me countless times.
Appreciate 2
      01-19-2024, 04:55 AM   #29
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
I don't get the "low production" part. The majority of 2011 E90 sedans were ZCP package cars: 1220 out of 2170 cars, so 56% of sedans imported for the last sedan model year and only model year for ZCP pkg. So anyone in the market for the final model year sedan with all the updates (primarily 2011.5, 09/2010 production onward) has a greater selection of ZCP cars than not.

What I've noticed is that the majority of people have no clue really what constitutes a ZCP car, and the main thing they seek are the wheels. If they see a car with M359 wheels, that's all that counts to them.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      01-19-2024, 07:11 AM   #30
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
I don't get the "low production" part. The majority of 2011 E90 sedans were ZCP package cars: 1220 out of 2170 cars, so 56% of sedans imported for the last sedan model year and only model year for ZCP pkg. So anyone in the market for the final model year sedan with all the updates (primarily 2011.5, 09/2010 production onward) has a greater selection of ZCP cars than not.

What I've noticed is that the majority of people have no clue really what constitutes a ZCP car, and the main thing they seek are the wheels. If they see a car with M359 wheels, that's all that counts to them.
Yep. Non-ZCP to avoid EDC and swap wheels to M359. That’s the ticket.
Appreciate 1
CSBM52722.50
      01-19-2024, 01:39 PM   #31
CravingBavaria
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.67]
Quote:

Agreed, but low production out of all the E90's. And a FMY with the "upgraded" ZCP is just more desirable unless you don't want EDC. There's a reason BAT has 6MT, single-owner, AND Competition Package in the header of listings - ZCP is just as important as 6MT or single owner to a lot of prospective buyers.
      01-19-2024, 03:42 PM   #32
Tincan7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Disagree, it’s an easy albeit lazy take to assume folks with the means to buy from EAG aren’t enthusiasts.

I went to school with Evan some odd 18 yrs ago and as a Junior in college he was scraping together a business basically brokering M Coupes, E30s and the like. The fact they made it happen is a success story and an absolute testament to their devotion to M cars. I’ll never bash them. Can’t speak to new owners if there are any.

Necessitating RB work isn’t the hallmark of a “knowledgeable” buyer as everyone has different risk tolerances. Also I’d always prefer to make that investment myself. Further mentioning TAs as a purchase requirement is f’ing laughable. Folks are welcome to do it, but especially at low mileage cars it’s a comical request and if anything marks you as an unserious buyer. If you can’t stomach replacing these then you probably can’t afford one of EAGs examples.

Fair points. I agree that replacing the RBs and especially the TAs on a 20k mile car isn’t strictly necessary, BUT considering the massive premium you pay for an EAG car I think it’s warranted.

They market their cars as being “fully sorted” and “hassle free” etc. You know what is a hassle after paying almost $70k for a 10+ year old car? Having a blown engine. And it’s well documented that plenty of S65s with well under 20k miles have let go.

It’s not about being able to stomach replacing those items, it’s about paying an enormous premium for a supposedly problem free car that any car person with even a passing knowledge of E9Xs knows is a major failure point in these cars.

My preference would be to buy a cheaper car and have the RBs and TAs done at a shop I trust. But if I was paying EAG money that’s not acceptable. All I’m saying is what is the EAG premium for? Some clay-baring and fancy pictures?
Appreciate 2
GeoK104.50
Rambler208.50
      01-19-2024, 03:56 PM   #33
CravingBavaria
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Fair points. I agree that replacing the RBs and especially the TAs on a 20k mile car isn’t strictly necessary, BUT considering the massive premium you pay for an EAG car I think it’s warranted.

They market their cars as being “fully sorted” and “hassle free” etc. You know what is a hassle after paying almost $70k for a 10+ year old car? Having a blown engine. And it’s well documented that plenty of S65s with well under 20k miles have let go.

It’s not about being able to stomach replacing those items, it’s about paying an enormous premium for a supposedly problem free car that any car person with even a passing knowledge of E9Xs knows is a major failure point in these cars.

My preference would be to buy a cheaper car and have the RBs and TAs done at a shop I trust. But if I was paying EAG money that’s not acceptable. All I’m saying is what is the EAG premium for? Some clay-baring and fancy pictures?
I don't know if I've seen it discussed before, but is it possible the prospective buyers of sub 20k mile cars (or even lower) in mint condition don't want the RB's taken care of just so they know they're getting the car more or less mechanically how it came from the factory? I would assume a majority of the low mile cars EAG sells aren't bought by someone that goes and throws 100k miles on it, rather someone that rarely drives the car and it holds value and keeping it authentic as possible is the goal? It's almost crazy, but at the same time I understand it. A lot of people laugh at thinking the E9X chassis is a possible long-term hold/investment, but I don't think it's laughable. It's the one and only and those desirable cars that are pretty much how they came off the factory floor are going to be worth a fortune in 10+ years if not sooner.
      01-19-2024, 04:14 PM   #34
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:

I personally agree with replacement of RBs for peace of mind. But the statistic’s globally aren’t really on our side as to the blow engine lottery.

You’re not paying for a waxed car, but for someone else to do the work of finding these rare and sought after examples in low mileage condition with a near effortless buying experience. Obviously, someone that values their time more than the premium EAG applies. It’s not a new concept, I don’t understand the disconnect here.
      01-19-2024, 09:52 PM   #35
Tincan7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
I personally agree with replacement of RBs for peace of mind. But the statistic’s globally aren’t really on our side as to the blow engine lottery.

You’re not paying for a waxed car, but for someone else to do the work of finding these rare and sought after examples in low mileage condition with a near effortless buying experience. Obviously, someone that values their time more than the premium EAG applies. It’s not a new concept, I don’t understand the disconnect here.
I did say my first post was a rant. I don’t have to like how they run their business, but obviously they are free to run it however they see fit and they clearly make money or they wouldn’t still be in business.
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      01-20-2024, 12:17 AM   #36
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
I did say my first post was a rant. I don’t have to like how they run their business, but obviously they are free to run it however they see fit and they clearly make money or they wouldn’t still be in business.
Ranting is most of what we do here, it’s a safe place . My apologies!
      01-25-2024, 10:41 PM   #37
mikefontanilla
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 | G05

2011 E90 ZCP Alpine
75XXX miles
Clean
DCT
Danville, CA
- TA done.
- RB not done. I get oil changes at Eastbay BMW who inspect the oil and filter and have not recommended I get them changed. I’m taking it back to BMW Monday for another oil change.
- Carbon roof but needs another layer of ceramic coated again
- Meisterschaft exhaust system
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 12:23 AM   #38
OmairK
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 - 2011 E90 M3 6M ZCP

I have an E90 ZCP 6MT 05/10 production so it doesn’t have the combox updates 2011.5/.75 but I have the Mr.12Volt kit which is fantastic! 62K miles and all maintenance checked off including RB’s done and TA’s in a box waiting for me to install them. Space Gray/Extended Fox Red with every single option ticked included the EPS and Rear Sunshade etc. Last time I did research, ZCP + 6MT E90’s are super hard to find due to less than 150 being produced.
Appreciate 0