BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

01-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #111
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8ders View Post
I'll be doing a flush w/ Castrol SRF after I do the lines and pads. I have a both a Motive Pressure bleeder and a vacuum bleeder so it should make the job a lot easier. I know I should bleed my clutch master also but it was such a pain in the butt to do on the e36 M3 so I may consider not doing it on the e92.

I'm still going to use your suggestion of keeping the pedal pressed to prevent air from getting in the rest of the brake system when I remove the lines

I like the way your rotors look and would like a pic of the car with your rims on. Your rotor style remind me of the full floating wave rotors I put on my track bike.
I think that's partially where the idea came from! Do you know why they use it on bikes? Is it bc weight is so important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 jonesy View Post
Gonna order that "Lady Driven" decal for wifey's CLS63... That's a nice touch. Thanks for the link!
Please do! Here's a link in case you had trouble finding it:
https://lady-driven.myshopify.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
Nope not creepy at all.
Hahaha!! I'm going to have to crop out the bottom of pics here
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 10:15 PM   #112
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

WP Pro Bakes - Installed

Brakes installed!!!!

Here are pics of them mounted! They look pretty amazing behind the Volks

'Bed-in' process was pretty crazy. I didn't do it myself but was in the car and there was a couple 'oh-shit' moments where the pedal would go very far as things were breaking in. After a second bed-in process the brakes felt noticeably different and resisted fade a LOT more than during the first process. I have not gotten the brake fluid flush yet and am sure that will play an even bigger part!

At first I thought I was not going to experience any changes with brake feel under normal driving but I was wrong! These have a much different feel to them with way more initial bite - more similar to a 911 if you've felt those brakes. I cannot comment on the track but street driving I love them! I also think the weight savings are playing a roll in how the car handles. I could hold one WP PRO rotor and caliper with one hand, I could NOT hold an OEM rotor and caliper in one hand. Sorry that's not scientific! I will try to get measurements to see exactly how much weight savings there are, but the difference in weight just from feeling them there is a HUGE difference.
I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money on a Brembo kit, I'm going to be buying a Prada purse with the savings I would've never even heard about them without Vivid Racing telling me to check them out instead of the bigger name companies.

Last edited by Manda Mew; 01-24-2017 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      01-24-2017, 10:16 PM   #113
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Also, old pic before the brakes, but about 5 layers of Adams Americana wax due to extreme boredom one day and I wanted to show off the results (the 3rd pic in last post was after driving through a 2 hour rainstorm to San Diego, so you can see how well the wax held up!)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #114
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Those brakes look awesome!!! Love the rotors... reminds me of the Audi RS5 rotors.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 08:38 AM   #115
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Yes, those brakes really looks special and add "aggressiviness" in an awesome way - great work Manda!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #116
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
Those brakes look awesome!!! Love the rotors... reminds me of the Audi RS5 rotors.
Me too! I always like the RS rotors and so I liked these even more when I saw them. I think they both had the same goal in just trying to be lighter but also the benefit of more cooling / venting. I'm curious as to how much these rotors weight compared to its slotted and non-saw blade counter part. I'd maybe guess 25% lighter? I'm going to ask them. I remember someone telling me the Audi saved somewhere in the double digits % compared to regularly drilled rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Yes, those brakes really looks special and add "aggressiviness" in an awesome way - great work Manda!
Thanks!!! Definitely unique but I agree, very aggressive! Almost looks like a weapon or something..

Last edited by Manda Mew; 01-25-2017 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #117
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2007 VW Passat 2.0T  [0.00]
The rotors definitely look cool, but what is the purpose of the notches around the perimeter of the rotor? It slightly increases the surface area of the circumference of the rotor (as contrasted with a perfectly round disc), but at the cost of reducing surface area of the rotor surface.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #118
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk View Post
The rotors definitely look cool, but what is the purpose of the notches around the perimeter of the rotor? It slightly increases the surface area of the circumference of the rotor (as contrasted with a perfectly round disc), but at the cost of reducing surface area of the rotor surface.
So from all the literature I've read and people I've talked to its for 2 different reasons. The first reason is for dramatic weight savings over a regular rotor bc so much of that material is no longer there (either drilled out or cut away). The second reason is for faster venting with guided channels a bit more complex than regularly vented rotors that take advantage of the blade shape.
The rotor design is for street use with strong initial bite. Their track specific rotors are slotted and don't have the saw blade design, they also have less of a gap below the rotors and the main hub. The track specific set does not feel as good for street driving than this cheaper street set does, and vice versa. The slotted rotors without the saw blade design will be heavier, less initial bite, but have more thermal capacity performance for prolonged extreme driving. My set might not be for everyone!! Their other options may be better for the track junkies out there
If I said something incorrect please feel free to let me know! I'm still new to this and learning.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 03:53 PM   #119
r8ders
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 95 E36 M3; e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marza View Post
I think that's partially where the idea came from! Do you know why they use it on bikes? Is it bc weight is so important?
The wave rotor design is to help with the cooling, to prevent warping, and to also drop weight. The full floating help with the brake feel and consistency.

Reducing unsprung weight on a motorcycle affects the handling of the bike. It takes less effort and is quicker when tipping the bike into a turn and easier to flick the bike back and forth in the "S" curves. I dropped at least 14-17lbs off the front end when I swapped rotors and went from a cast aluminum rim to magnesium rims. The first time I went out after the swap, I almost dropped my bike going into the the first turn because how quickly it responded and dipped. It took me at least 2 laps to adjust and I was able to go deeper and brake later in the turns

Last edited by r8ders; 01-25-2017 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #120
r8ders
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 95 E36 M3; e92 M3

Forgot to mention but the new brake set up looks great.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #121
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Lexus F Performance Driving School

We went to Lexus F Performance Driving school last weekend It's not BMW Performance Driving School but those F cars were pretty bad ass.
They invited us out there for free as long as we make a couple of posts about it on IG being fun, which wasn't a lie! Okay maybe the auto-cross was not fun.. but the track driving was! We also did a photo shoot on a closed off section of the track and our very own RCF which was really awesome.

I drove both the RCF and GSF, and I was most surprised by the GSF and how it did not feel close to how much it weighed. I loved the sound of both cars a LOT. Both cars felt a lot less scary than the M3, its up to you if you think that's a good or bad thing.

The whole event really made me want to start doing performance driving school, but its SO expensive, and autocross is nothing like track driving so I can't get any experience from that. Is it just me or is autocross really irritating? Maybe I'm just not that good at it..

I do feel like the go-karting at Cal Speed Raceway which is also at that same race track is pretty similar to track driving, but I feel too exposed and vulnerable compared to being in a car.

Last edited by Manda Mew; 02-19-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 2
Jimzym3115.00
DrFerry6728.50
      02-19-2017, 07:44 PM   #122
quadpipes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 IB,'16 F22 M235i EB

Nice post. The ///M school at either Thermal or Spartanburg is awesome, exhausting, fun, challenging and very educational (I did S-burg). I use the techniques I learned every day.

Our class used M3s, M4s and M5s.

If you do decide to go, join the BMW CCA first (if you are not already a member). Members get a 15% discount on the BMW PDS - which is way more than the cost of becoming a member.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #123
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
I drove an RC F back before I purchased my M. Awesome vehicle, great sound and lot's of bells and whistles (there was a gauge to measure yaw and roll) but just not there when it comes to handling. Nice car to be sure and I can see why it has appeal and I would love do a side by side at that track.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 07:05 AM   #124
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
We went to Lexus F Performance Driving school last weekend It's not BMW Performance Driving School but those F cars were pretty bad ass.
They invited us out there for free as long as we make a couple of posts about it on IG being fun, which wasn't a lie! Okay maybe the auto-cross was not fun.. but the track driving was! We also did a photo shoot on a closed off section of the track and our very own RCF which was really awesome.

I drove both the RCF and GSF, and I was most surprised by the GSF and how it did not feel close to how much it weighed. I loved the sound of both cars a LOT. Both cars felt a lot less scary than the M3, its up to you if you think that's a good or bad thing.

The whole event really made me want to start doing performance driving school, but its SO expensive, and autocross is nothing like track driving so I can't get any experience from that. Is it just me or is autocross really irritating? Maybe I'm just not that good at it..

I do feel like the go-karting at Cal Speed Raceway which is also at that same race track is pretty similar to track driving, but I feel too exposed and vulnerable compared to being in a car.

Lexus?

Traitor

jk
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #125
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

What does Lexus call that red? It's fantastic!

Also, do you have any pics of it w/o you in the pic?

I'm pretty sure my wife won't be impressed with the color as much if I send her the pic you posted. Call it intuition after nearly 32 years of marriage.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #126
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadpipes View Post
Nice post. The ///M school at either Thermal or Spartanburg is awesome, exhausting, fun, challenging and very educational (I did S-burg). I use the techniques I learned every day.

Our class used M3s, M4s and M5s.

If you do decide to go, join the BMW CCA first (if you are not already a member). Members get a 15% discount on the BMW PDS - which is way more than the cost of becoming a member.
Thank you for the tip! I'll definitely join BMW CCA, I've seen a lot of other perks too that I think could come in handy. The M school at Thermal is definitely one of my long term goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
I drove an RC F back before I purchased my M. Awesome vehicle, great sound and lot's of bells and whistles (there was a gauge to measure yaw and roll) but just not there when it comes to handling. Nice car to be sure and I can see why it has appeal and I would love do a side by side at that track.
It would definitely make a great daily driver, but I don't daily drive my M3 plus I'm the only one driving it these days so all that comfort isn't really needed that much.. they did have really nice brakes though, really big and slotted. Looked like an aftermarket big brake kit actually. And I can't imagine how cool an aftermarket exhaust system with quad and stacked burnt titanium tips would look / sound. That would be my first mod!

Mercedes c63 coupe probably looks better though and is just as luxurious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
Lexus?

Traitor

jk
Haha don't worry I'm not converting!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #127
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
What does Lexus call that red? It's fantastic!

Also, do you have any pics of it w/o you in the pic?

I'm pretty sure my wife won't be impressed with the color as much if I send her the pic you posted. Call it intuition after nearly 32 years of marriage.
Hahaha!!!! Trust me I would be the same way.
It's called Infrared! It's darker than it is on the Lexus sight for sure. Online it looks like a normal red, it's definitely more of a blood red.
Click this link to a pic of just the car, idk how to post an image from my phone..
https://www.flickr.com/gp/147821829@N03/v3Y85j
When I get home I'll edit this post to have the actual image come up
Appreciate 1
admranger2984.50
      02-26-2017, 01:31 AM   #128
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Brakes installed!!!!

Here are pics of them mounted! They look pretty amazing behind the Volks

'Bed-in' process was pretty crazy. I didn't do it myself but was in the car and there was a couple 'oh-shit' moments where the pedal would go very far as things were breaking in. After a second bed-in process the brakes felt noticeably different and resisted fade a LOT more than during the first process. I have not gotten the brake fluid flush yet and am sure that will play an even bigger part!

At first I thought I was not going to experience any changes with brake feel under normal driving but I was wrong! These have a much different feel to them with way more initial bite - more similar to a 911 if you've felt those brakes. I cannot comment on the track but street driving I love them! I also think the weight savings are playing a roll in how the car handles. I could hold one WP PRO rotor and caliper with one hand, I could NOT hold an OEM rotor and caliper in one hand. Sorry that's not scientific! I will try to get measurements to see exactly how much weight savings there are, but the difference in weight just from feeling them there is a HUGE difference.
I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money on a Brembo kit, I'm going to be buying a Prada purse with the savings I would've never even heard about them without Vivid Racing telling me to check them out instead of the bigger name companies.
Confused. Did you get the bumper shaved or get a Euro bumper? OR is that Photoshop. It looks much better without the reflector, IMO.

Now you need to make use of the brake kit on the track. It's really the only way to give them a good workout.
Congrats. They look awesome.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #129
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Confused. Did you get the bumper shaved or get a Euro bumper? OR is that Photoshop. It looks much better without the reflector, IMO.

Now you need to make use of the brake kit on the track. It's really the only way to give them a good workout.
Congrats. They look awesome.
Its the lightroom heal tool, you just click on the reflector and poof! You might also see that being done on my license plate registration year sticker
But again I don't take the pics (hey I can't do it all!)

And will do! The car is definitely being oriented towards being a track car. I've done 2 separate driving school days (not to be confused with those hardcore multi day courses that cost $3k+). Next event will most likely be the Porsche Experience Center - and then maybe the BMW M Performance Driving School. I'll also be doing the track session during Bimmerfest, and that will be the first time tracking my car.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #130
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Tikore Lug Nuts

After a lot of anticipation and going back and forth with Charlie from Tikore, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a set of titanium lug nuts!
I always thought people were silly for paying $650 (without engraving) for a set of fancy lug nuts, but it became one of those things that just keep popping up on your Instagram and ends up getting drilled subconsciously into your head that you have to get them...

I think I'm their first customer to get a set of lug nuts with 4 different engraving prints (one style for each wheel). It took awhile to find the vector images I wanted online and had to pay $100 for them off of a stock photo gallery site (he has a lot of different engraving options already but as you will see mine were a bit unique..)

And because these may be considered as jewelry here they are laid out over a Tiffany & Co. box

And probably the cutest picture ever:
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #131
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Its the lightroom heal tool, you just click on the reflector and poof! You might also see that being done on my license plate registration year sticker
But again I don't take the pics (hey I can't do it all!)

And will do! The car is definitely being oriented towards being a track car. I've done 2 separate driving school days (not to be confused with those hardcore multi day courses that cost $3k+). Next event will most likely be the Porsche Experience Center - and then maybe the BMW M Performance Driving School. I'll also be doing the track session during Bimmerfest, and that will be the first time tracking my car.
Get the bumper shaved!!
That Porsche Experience Center is $$$. You could get a whole weekend with a CCA event. The M event at Thermal wasn't bad if you've never been on track, but I wouldn't want to pay more than the $200 the CCA had it for.

I'd definitely recommend doing a CCA event before Bimmerfest. It's run by SpeedVentures and it can be the wild wild west out there. The CCA is SO MUCH safer. SV also tends to run a VERY fast configuration on the main straight and inside straight.
It's hard to be aware of all the cars around you the first couple times out on track, then throw in a loosely run organization and a fast track set-up. Be safe out there.

And you can't possibly be into gun too?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 02-27-2017 at 11:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 11:31 PM   #132
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Get the bumper shaved!!
That Porsche Experience Center is $$$. You could get a whole weekend with a CCA event. The M event at Thermal wasn't bad if you've never been on track, but I wouldn't want to pay more than the $200 the CCA had it for.

I'd definitely recommend doing a CCA event before Bimmerfest. It's run by SpeedVentures and it can be the wild wild west out there. The CCA is SO MUCH safer. SV also tends to run a VERY fast configuration on the main straight and inside straight.
It's hard to be aware of all the cars around you the first couple times out on track, then throw in a loosely run organization and a fast track set-up. Be safe out there.

And you can't possibly be into gun too?
Ya but you get to drive a Porsche!!
Thank you for giving me the heads up on the Bimmerfest track day!!! I had no idea, but makes sense since there's so many people packed into one place.
So you're just talking about the regular track event for $200 right? Do you a couple of those events would be sufficient or should I invest in the $$$$ 3 day M Performance School?

And yes I am into guns! I just bought a Glock 19 for myself and am going to be working with a few professionals I recently met through IG to get properly trained for entry level competitive events. First mod: pink trigger
Appreciate 0