BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

09-28-2021, 04:28 AM   #1
JhnRX7
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E93

Caring for previously re-dyed seats

I just purchased an E93 with Fox red interior. First thing I did was apply Leatherique to the driver seat to clean it up. I have been using Leatherique for years in other cars with great success and based on searching these forums it seems to work well on the novillo leather.

When I went to remove the conditioner I was getting a significant amount of dye transfer onto the damp microfiber! Upon further investigation I have determined my driver and passenger front seats have been re-dyed. I found evidence of overspray. Also based on some VIN number picture searching, it appears one of the dealers did it just previous to my ownership.

Is there a specific way that people clean / care for their re-dyed seats? I have a feeling that the dye job was not the best and either they did not use a sealer / top coat or they did not prep the seats very well.
Appreciate 0