BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

02-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #111
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct

I'd be interested to hear how you like the 380mm kit. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #112
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Have you heard any updates on the rear caliper ? I hope rb realizes that without a complete set sales will not be generated.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #113
E90335iflyer
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5,BMW 335i, Porsche GT3
Location: JFK, SFO, LAX, NRT, TPE, PVG, HKG, LHR, ATH, MUC, FRA, SIN

I spoke to someone who seems to know these kits well. None are track tested, piston size adjusted for the various disc sizes. I am personally staying away from it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #114
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Have you heard any updates on the rear caliper ? I hope rb realizes that without a complete set sales will not be generated.
To my knowledge, RB is more concerned with performance over looks. They feel that the rear kit is mostly for looks because the rear brakes already function well.

That being said, I'm sure it will happen, it's just a matter of time.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #115
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90335iflyer View Post
I spoke to someone who seems to know these kits well. None are track tested, piston size adjusted for the various disc sizes. I am personally staying away from it.
Not sure who that is, but I know that they use track cars to test many of their kits.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #116
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Not sure who that is, but I know that they use track cars to test many of their kits.
According to the website extensive number of kits are track tested and proven.
At the same time developing half a kit and not completing the rest has to be detrimental to sales. Unless the big companies have been doing it wrong all this time.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #117
r53s65e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: r53 s65e90

Quote:
According to the website extensive number of kits are track tested and proven.
At the same time developing half a kit and not completing the rest has to be detrimental to sales. Unless the big companies have been doing it wrong all this time.
Half a kit is not a big problem. Being in the same price point as stoptech is a problem and claiming with this that they are track tested when this exists. Their only competitive advantage so far is the ability to use the rock solid stock rotor.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #118
BuckRodgers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

I would stick with products that have been proven over time.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #119
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep

No issues with my RB setup and proving to be a great choice
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #120
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42431

http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=865

Also post #54 has the proper link.

It would be great if the Racing Brake would chime and clear it up. Brake failures and leaks are no joke, street or track.
What a funny coincidence... Was snooping around my new BMW community since I justed picked up an E90 M3 and I find a link to my old GTI... Lolz

Anyhow, I would never go with RacingBrake again... You just have to pick up and see the Stoptech calipers and RB calipers side by side... One screams quality and confidence whereas the other... Not so much... With the Stoptech Trophy's I am able to brake agressively and confidently all day long and with the anodized finish they dont turn brown or discoloer
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #121
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Op. can u reach out to rb in regards to the rear caliper upgrade. You have mentioned before that it will be released sooner than later. At the same time so many great steals come up on Complete used bbk kits in the classified section that makes me think weird thoughts...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #122
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep

Sure I can see if RB has an update on a rear setup, np.

^Glad to welcome you to the BMW family! There's a very very long thread somewhere on here about a StopTech Trophy setup that lost it's finish. The Trophy setup looks like something that came off a GrandAm race car.

I picked RB because I wanted a lightweight racing setup for autocross to decrease rotating, corner, and unsprung weight.

I've been inspecting my setup very often and haven't seen a problem, so it appears the issue has been fixed. Obviously I'll be the first to share if a problem does come up, but so far my only problem is getting use to later braking points before turn-in.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #123
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Even on street pads the bite is great.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #124
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep

Straight from RB: "Thanks for the update. Rear calipers are still in development. We will start a thread in our forum under New Development with details before they are released."

I"ll keep an eye on them for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #125
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
Straight from RB: "Thanks for the update. Rear calipers are still in development. We will start a thread in our forum under New Development with details before they are released."

I"ll keep an eye on them for you guys.
I have heard back from racing brake. And to tell you the truth I am sick of the run around. Ever sixnve this thread went up I was a supporter of their products. I believe that a smaller company such as Racing Brake can surpass a larger competitors in quality and customer service. I own a small business and attention to detail and the ability to go the extra mile is what gives us the advantage over the larger outfit. I have purchased front bbk and the rear rotor beginning of the year. At time of purchase I spoke to Alex from racing brake who assured me that a 4 pot rear caliper is in development and in 3 months the kit will be available. This would conclude my front and rear brake upgrade. Current cost $3800. In recent follow ups on the caliper I was informed that the design allows for a 47mm height brake pad and is 13 mm smaller than oem caliper it's designed to replace. This will leave a .5 inch or rotor uncovered which will rust if left I painted. Hmmm. This is something that I decided to deal with in time when it becomes apparent. In the least few messages I was then informed that a 2 pot rear caliper is in production and will be released in 3 months time. What is the deal with racing brake. I was assured by racing brake and other members on this forum that racing brake will utilize their front 4 pot caliper for the rear to complete the set. Whole basis of my purchase was based upon a promise of 4 pot front and 4 pot rear caliper. Additionally price quoted is 1500 for the tear calipers. So total price 5300. I have found ap racing brakes on sale as a complete set for this price and stoptech 380mm with 355 rears for well under 5000. Where is the savings and the quality with great customer service I was expecting ?

A quote from their website "Not a big name like Brembo or AP. No complicated brake theories, misleading claims or fabricated data. No gimmicks. Simply great brakes at great prices!”

Last edited by Chriskm3; 04-03-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #126
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have heard back from racing brake. And to tell you the truth I am sick of the run around. Ever sixnve this thread went up I was a supporter of their products. I believe that a smaller company such as Racing Brake can surpass a larger competitors in quality and customer service. I own a small business and attention to detail and the ability to go the extra mile is what gives us the advantage over the larger outfit. I have purchased front bbk and the rear rotor beginning of the year. At time of purchase I spoke to Alex from racing brake who assured me that a 4 pot rear caliper is in development and in 3 months the kit will be available. This would conclude my front and rear brake upgrade. Current cost $3800. In recent follow ups on the caliper I was informed that the design allows for a 47mm height brake pad and is 13 mm smaller than oem caliper it's designed to replace. This will leave a .5 inch or rotor uncovered which will rust if left I painted. Hmmm. This is something that I decided to deal with in time when it becomes apparent. In the least few messages I was then informed that a 2 pot rear caliper is in production and will be released in 3 months time. What is the deal with racing brake. I was assured by racing brake and other members on this forum that racing brake will utilize their front 4 pot caliper for the rear to complete the set. Whole basis of my purchase was based upon a promise of 4 pot front and 4 pot rear caliper. Additionally price quoted is 1500 for the tear calipers. So total price 5300. I have found ap racing brakes on sale as a complete set for this price and stoptech 380mm with 355 rears for well under 5000. Where is the savings and the quality with great customer service I was expecting ?

A quote from their website "Not a big name like Brembo or AP. No complicated brake theories, misleading claims or fabricated data. No gimmicks. Simply great brakes at great prices!”
Couple of things to consider:

1. Smaller company takes longer to get new products out. Patience is the key if you want their product. Also, RB's theory on braking is different. Having multiple visits with the owner showed me that he is more concerned with the capability and what's needed from a kit and not aesthetics. If a 2 pot caliper will work, then there's no need for a 4 pot.
2. Comparing prices doesn't tell you the entire story. You can bet that it costs more for RB to make the brakes than it does AP or Stoptech due to their volume. So just because the prices are similar doesn't mean that the margins nor profit are the same.

In the end, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever route you choose.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #127
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

The Tech. I did not question the quality of the product as I have the RB setup installed and am very pleased with it. My doubts are directed at the empty promises leading up to a sale then totally disregarded. Here is a message of another e46 m3 owner that was in the same situation as me but RB handled this situation different.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #128
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep

Well....I guess we'll see what they come up
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #129
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The Tech. I did not question the quality of the product as I have the RB setup installed and am very pleased with it. My doubts are directed at the empty promises leading up to a sale then totally disregarded. Here is a message of another e46 m3 owner that was in the same situation as me but RB handled this situation different.
So you made a huge rant about all this but are now parting out your entire car to get something new?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #130
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So you made a huge rant about all this but are now parting out your entire car to get something new?
A huge rant? No. Not yet. But I will regardless of which car I decide to get. Keep in mind that being treated fairly not only applies to me but to the whole community, and any business that treats their current customers with false hope should not be trusted. Who is to say what excuses will arise when warranty issues come up. I am sick of companies not delivering to their standard. On the same note I do not expect you to take my side on this because since day one this thread went up your opinions always swayed in racing brake direction. Regardless of who is conducting their business in appropriately.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #131
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A huge rant? No. Not yet. But I will regardless of which car I decide to get. Keep in mind that being treated fairly not only applies to me but to the whole community, and any business that treats their current customers with false hope should not be trusted. Who is to say what excuses will arise when warranty issues come up. I am sick of companies not delivering to their standard. On the same note I do not expect you to take my side on this because since day one this thread went up your opinions always swayed in racing brake direction. Regardless of who is conducting their business in appropriately.
Fairly? False hope? Keep in mind, the front kit wasn't even available until we helped develop it right at the end of the year. So because you are not happy with their timeline, you feel that they are somehow being dishonest? They set time frames but as you know in life, these things don't always go to plan on time. It isn't the only kit they are making and they are a small company.

This has nothing to do with bias. I don't have their kit on my car. We just helped them with development. I don't receive anything if people buy a kit.

You have their kit on your car and from what you've posted were very happy with it. Now because you couldn't have a rear kit in the time you wanted it, they are somehow doing a disservice to you? All this and now you're trying to sell your car? If the kit was available today are you telling me you wouldn't be selling your car?

I'm just trying to be fair about all this. We tried helping the M community out by bringing a product out that everyone wanted and that wasn't being offered. The RB kit does just that.

At the end of the day, if you run the RB kit cool. If you run the Brembos like I have, that's great as well. But to come on here upset because they haven't produced a part that you want and then the next day start selling your car isn't really fair if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #132
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

This is the second time you mentioned time frame. I am aware of issues and possible delays when developing a new kit. Maybe you should reread the messeges again. The issue for me is Not the time frame. The issue for me is that I was promised same caliper for the rear as the front. And mid production it is switched to a 2 pot caliper. How is this not an obvious issue!! The reason why I bought this kit is because of the exposure on this thread started by the op.
Prior to this posting I had no idea who they were. If I am not mistaken I am the first and only customer that was gained by this posting. Why should I vary my expectations of the product when I was told differently upon time of purchase.
And NO. I am not referring to time line of production completion.
You do not understand that creditibility is earned not assumed. And as you can see its easily demaged buy empty promises.
Stalker once said he was amazed by how quickly the facts of questionable quality were quickly redirected to benefits of additional weight saving. Now I can see what he meant.
In regards to my part out- am I only intitled to a complete advertised product only if I decide to keep their product ? Or is it the principal.
Why is it that robm gets what he paid for and I do not have that option.

Quote:
Fairly? False hope? Keep in mind, the front kit wasn't even available until we helped develop it right at the end of the year. So because you are not happy with their timeline, you feel that they are somehow being dishonest? They set time frames but as you know in life, these things don't always go to plan on time. It isn't the only kit they are making and they are a small company.

This has nothing to do with bias. I don't have their kit on my car. We just helped them with development. I don't receive anything if people buy a kit.

You have their kit on your car and from what you've posted were very happy with it. Now because you couldn't have a rear kit in the time you wanted it, they are somehow doing a disservice to you? All this and now you're trying to sell your car? If the kit was available today are you telling me you wouldn't be selling your car?

I'm just trying to be fair about all this. We tried helping the M community out by bringing a product out that everyone wanted and that wasn't being offered. The RB kit does just that.

At the end of the day, if you run the RB kit cool. If you run the Brembos like I have, that's great as well. But to come on here upset because they haven't produced a part that you want and then the next day start selling your car isn't really fair if you ask me.
Appreciate 0