BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

09-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #67
jstnelson2006
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White M3 Coupe

09-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #68
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnelson2006 View Post

That is gorgeous.
      09-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #69
cacofonix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red M3 E92 ZCP

I have a 2013 Melbourne Red ZCP awaiting shipping at the port of Bremerhaven.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #70
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnelson2006 View Post
Two-tone palladium/black on silverstone = win

It's got the European split armrests too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacofonix View Post
I have a 2013 Melbourne Red ZCP awaiting shipping at the port of Bremerhaven.
Woot! Your car has already made it to "Bimmerheaven"

Only a few more weeks!
      09-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #71
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Interior pics (with piano black)

I was able to clean up most of my interior today.

Including sealing my piano black wood lacquer trim.

Here are some pics of the simple interior. I am in a small minority of those who prefer the single hump, non-iDrive dash.

EDIT: For those wondering, the Harman Kardon Surround Sound System is there because this car is Canadian spec

Forum member Esquire has the best pics of the piano black trim I've seen. Hopefully he won't mind me linking to his photos. More of his photos are available at this thread here: More available from his thread here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...61#post8996261

Last edited by JulieDriving; 09-01-2012 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #72
bris2013m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
My '13 Silverstone arrived at dealer today and have to wait to 19th to gt it... Longest 18 days of my life
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #73
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving

Here are some pics of the simple interior. I am in a small minority of those who prefer the single hump, non-iDrive dash.

EDIT: For those wondering, the Harman Kardon Surround Sound System is there because this car is Canadian spec

Forum member Esquire has the best pics of the piano black trim I've seen. Hopefully he won't mind me linking to his photos. More of his photos are available at this thread here: More available from his thread here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...61#post8996261

Nice pic with ur 3er in the mirror! Do one real close showing only enough of the mirror frame to tell it's the M with the 3er in mirror then vice versa, should be fun

Oh so what does US car get in sound system?? Didn't know that's a diff
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #74
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

Amazing pictures everyone!!!

Congrats!
      09-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #75
Koop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E34 M5

Congrats on your new M! Great to hear that you're happy with the color. LOVE Azurite. I really appreciate your pictures--Azurite photos seem to be few and far between!

I'll be adding another 2013 Azurite M3 to the forums shortly! Doing a Euro Delivery in October.

It was a bit of a long road...first chose Azurite, then switched to Hellrot because I wanted something brighter/sportier. Then decided I needed to go a little more conservative and changed to Singapore Gray/Amarone/Piano.

But after everything, I couldn't stay away from Azurite. Decided to go Azurite/Rust/Piano. Loved the Singapore/Amarone combo, but thought it was a little too conservative for an M3 (better on an M5 perhaps). Anyway...getting very excited for Munich!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #76
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving

Nice pic with ur 3er in the mirror! Do one real close showing only enough of the mirror frame to tell it's the M with the 3er in mirror then vice versa, should be fun

The U.S. gets standard audio and "enhanced premium sound". We do not get the HK system as an option unless you can maybe get it through BMW individual.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #77
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Picked up my 2013 a couple days ago. Gonna go on a canyon run this morning to get a feel for the car
Attached Images

IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #78
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post

Great idea! I didn't even realize I had captured our 3'er in the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
The U.S. gets standard audio and "enhanced premium sound". We do not get the HK system as an option unless you can maybe get it through BMW individual.
The Canadian cars get the HK as standard and the Individual sound as an option. I can't figure out why there are all these differences between countries, but our cars in general have more standard equipment than the US cars, which compensates somewhat (although definitely not fully) for the 20% higher price we have to pay for our cars.

Anyhoo, the HK sound is just fine with me! Honestly though, I turn off my radio 95% of the time to listen to the engine, so I'm not sure it really matters in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
Amazing pictures everyone!!!

Congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Congrats on your new M! Great to hear that you're happy with the color. LOVE Azurite. I really appreciate your pictures--Azurite photos seem to be few and far between!

I'll be adding another 2013 Azurite M3 to the forums shortly! Doing a Euro Delivery in October.

It was a bit of a long road...first chose Azurite, then switched to Hellrot because I wanted something brighter/sportier. Then decided I needed to go a little more conservative and changed to Singapore Gray/Amarone/Piano.

But after everything, I couldn't stay away from Azurite. Decided to go Azurite/Rust/Piano. Loved the Singapore/Amarone combo, but thought it was a little too conservative for an M3 (better on an M5 perhaps). Anyway...getting very excited for Munich!
Wow, another Azurite!! That makes a total of 5 known that have posted on the boards (4 of whom were/are active on the boards, i.e. didn't just post a pic and then were gone)

But even more so, I similarly struggled with colors. Oh my gawd, did that give me a headache. I was all over the place.

I'm sure you have seen this video:

And these photos from the same vide/photo-shoot: http://www.autogespot.nl/gereden-bmw...mpetition-pack

It was what made me fall in love with Azurite in the first place.

I have also seen the rust brown in person with piano black (another former Canadian member's Individual car). I think your combo achieves the most what you're looking for. It would give it a very sporty, yet elegant look IMO.

I intend to start a thread later compiling all that I've found with regards to Azurite. I searched with the German spelling and UK sites and found most of my pictures/video that way. It's extremely hard to capture properly due to the sparkly pigments. But it is also a chameleon, in terms of the color it gives off.

I clipped a short video with my cell phone. Not a great camera of course, but it gives an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Picked up my 2013 a couple days ago. Gonna go on a canyon run this morning to get a feel for the car
Your car is beautiful!!!!! Love the color. MOAR pics, hehe

Woohoo, finally Longboarder!!
      09-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #79
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Julie, definitely, it is a beautiful color.
Kind of similar to Cosmos black on my 'ol E36 M3.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #80
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Julie, definitely, it is a beautiful color.
Kind of similar to Cosmos black on my 'ol E36 M3.
Oh yes, terrific E36 M you had there...
      09-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #81
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Julie the piano black looks great!
Longboarder, congrats on finally getting your car. I saw a similar spec M3 get delivered yesterday at the Welt.

Still 18 hours to go until I get to pickup mine. I've already checked in, hung out in the premium lounge, and done the plant tour now I'm REALLY ready for my car!!

Things I've seen: still a ton of M5's getting delivered. Half the M3's I saw delivered in the last two days have been driven out of the Welt by females. 900 3 series sedan and wagons get produced at the Munich plant a day, with production of a car taking about 40hours. The M3 and M5 engines as well as the N20 are produced at the Munich plant, diesel engines are produced in Austria. After paint, the wire loom is installed in the car, and when this happens the keys get attached to the car in a bag and travel with it for the rest of production. that was the biggest shock to me. I figured the keys got programmed to the car at the very end. The Munich factory tour is even better than the Spartenburg tour. You get to see so much more up close!

And yes, the M3 CRT looks the business and is a beast!!

Not sure when I'll have Internet again, but the wait is almost over for me!!!

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #82
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Julie the piano black looks great!
Longboarder, congrats on finally getting your car. I saw a similar spec M3 get delivered yesterday at the Welt.

Still 18 hours to go until I get to pickup mine. I've already checked in, hung out in the premium lounge, and done the plant tour now I'm REALLY ready for my car!!

Things I've seen: still a ton of M5's getting delivered. Half the M3's I saw delivered in the last two days have been driven out of the Welt by females. 900 3 series sedan and wagons get produced at the Munich plant a day, with production of a car taking about 40hours. The M3 and M5 engines as well as the N20 are produced at the Munich plant, diesel engines are produced in Austria. After paint, the wire loom is installed in the car, and when this happens the keys get attached to the car in a bag and travel with it for the rest of production. that was the biggest shock to me. I figured the keys got programmed to the car at the very end. The Munich factory tour is even better than the Spartenburg tour. You get to see so much more up close!

And yes, the M3 CRT looks the business and is a beast!!

Not sure when I'll have Internet again, but the wait is almost over for me!!!
Awesome beast charmer! Love the 'live reporting' from the Welt. I bet you're pinching yourself.

Wow, that's a lot of cars produced in a day.

I can't wait for you to get your car!!!
      09-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #83
jimf15e
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Picked up my new 2013 E92 a week and a half ago but because of work, new house, etc I haven't been able to take or post any pix. Anyway, it was a nice day so I gave it a good wash with some Poor Boys products. This is my first M3 and it's AWESOME! I've been wanting an M3 in all it's evolutions since I first started driving 20+ years ago.

Jerez black w/ black novillo, ZCP, M-DCT, EPS, and all the other goodies (except extended leather). And yes, sue me but I did opt for the moonroof . Ordered back in early June 2012 and it was delivered on August 22d with 9 miles on the odo. Hope you like it - congrats to all the other 2013ers, esp juliedriving with her incredibly long wait.

(Sold) 2006 BMW 330i/Jet Black/Black
(Sold) 2005 Audi S4/Moro Blue/Black

Last edited by jimf15e; 09-03-2012 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #84
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimf15e View Post
Picked up my new 2013 E92 a week and a half ago but because of work, new house, etc I haven't been able to take or post any pix. Anyway, it was a nice day so I gave it a good wash with some Poor Boys products. This is my first M3 and it's AWESOME! I've been wanting an M3 in all it's evolutions since I first started driving 20+ years ago.

Jerez black w/ black novillo, ZCP, M-DCT, EPS, and all the other goodies (except extended leather). And yes, sue me but I did opt for the moonroof. Ordered back in early June 2012 and it was delivered on August 22d with 9 miles on the odo. Hope you like it - congrats to all the other 2013ers, esp juliedriving with her incredibly long wait.

Wow, I love it Moonroof included.

That's not a lot of miles. Good!

Beautiful house and driveway.
      09-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #85
jimf15e
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post

Thanks! Although I can tell the driveway needs a good power wash. Hope your loving your car as much as I am mine.
(Sold) 2006 BMW 330i/Jet Black/Black
(Sold) 2005 Audi S4/Moro Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #86
bnombe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E92M3 6MT/ZCP/JetBlkFoxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimf15e
Quote:

Thanks! Although I can tell the driveway needs a good power wash. Hope your loving your car as much as I am mine.
Beautiful!!
to moonroof, how I ordered mine in
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #87
Koop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E34 M5

Quote:
Wow, another Azurite!! That makes a total of 5 known that have posted on the boards (4 of whom were/are active on the boards, i.e. didn't just post a pic and then were gone)

But even more so, I similarly struggled with colors. Oh my gawd, did that give me a headache. I was all over the place.

I'm sure you have seen this video:

And these photos from the same vide/photo-shoot: http://www.autogespot.nl/gereden-bmw...mpetition-pack

It was what made me fall in love with Azurite in the first place.

I have also seen the rust brown in person with piano black (another former Canadian member's Individual car). I think your combo achieves the most what you're looking for. It would give it a very sporty, yet elegant look IMO.

I intend to start a thread later compiling all that I've found with regards to Azurite. I searched with the German spelling and UK sites and found most of my pictures/video that way. It's extremely hard to capture properly due to the sparkly pigments. But it is also a chameleon, in terms of the color it gives off.

I clipped a short video with my cell phone. Not a great camera of course, but it gives an idea.

I love that video from Autogespot! Over the past few months I've watched it an embarrassing number of times. The photos from that shoot sealed the deal for me too.

Thanks for the cell phone video! What a color this is! Can't wait to see it in person.

Great idea on the Azurite thread. I plan to take a ton of photos when I pick mine up.

When I saw this member's photos, I knew I made the right choice:

So hot!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #88
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Great idea on the Azurite thread. I plan to take a ton of photos when I pick mine up.

When I saw this member's photos, I knew I made the right choice:

So hot!
Oh yes, Azurite90M's car is awesome! I hope I can link to your photos on the Azurite thread too.

Oh, and you've probably already seen these, but what the heck.
Attached Images