BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

06-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
mattj22
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93 m3 dct

e93 wont start no ignition lights wen fob inserted dreaded yellow steering lock on to

hey guys my 1st post here hoping for some help please!!
my bmw m3 e93 2008 dct wont start! also has the dreaded yellow steering lock warning sign on.. so i jumped into my car went to start it after work, the steering lock warning was on.. i noticed i left the wheels nearly in full lock the computer saying there is strain on the steering lock move the wheel to start the car .. i tried and i tried nothing would start it! tried the different fob dissconncted the battery ... nothing..

so got the car towed to bmw they said they think 99% its the cas unit so had that replaced {£350} car is still dead! just wont wake up so to speak.. they said the steering colum doesnt need replacing .. they think its a wiring problem

think the head tech maybe scratching his head so came on here for any help they have had the car a week i told them about the ibs fault ive found on here if any one can help i would be very appreciated! thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #2
BonesBMW
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335d Xdrive

Ever get this resovled

Hi There, did you get this resolved? I have exactly the same issue. Changed the CAS and no change.

Dal
Appreciate 0