BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

02-01-2024, 07:30 AM   #1695
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Evolve View Post

We did a video of installing and testing the CICMM to our E92 M3, along with the Induktiv charger which is proving to be a brilliant combo!

It's definitely 90% there, way better than not having it but now and then it will do something annoying or you have to reboot it.
Would be nice for you guys to give a shoutout to us here at M3post for discovering, working out the kinks and sharing info on this device instead of acting like you discovered it all on your own.

Appreciate 6
drwankel1043.00
Thumbie95.50
DrFerry6728.50
SlimE92185.50
      02-03-2024, 06:30 AM   #1696
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Is there a how to in this thread on changing the bootloader screen in the newer model?

I have no idea why they removed the facility from the factory, but would like to change it.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 09:47 AM   #1697
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
Is there a how to in this thread on changing the bootloader screen in the newer model?

I have no idea why they removed the facility from the factory, but would like to change it.
Preparation:

A USB stick 16GB or less, FAT32 formatted (or erase a larger USB stick and create an active partition of 16GB or less)

Create your own boot up logo:
The resolution of screen may vary on different car models, please check for the best resolution that will fit your car
The boot image file must be 30kb or less

PC users with Windows:
Use Windows Painter to save your boot image into a .jpg file, filename must be bootlogo.jpg
Then use file manager to remove the file extension .jpg from the file bootleg.jpg
If you create the image in Photoshop, make sure the jpeg is output with "baseline encoding”

Mac users:
For Mac users it is important not only to rename the jpg file, but also to go to information and remove suffix. Otherwise it will still be .jpg

Changing the boot image:
Unzip the update tool in the attachment, you will get two files:
update
bootlogo
Replace the file bootlogo with the new bootlogo you have just created
now place these two files into the USB stick

Plug the usb stick into the p2000 then go to
P2000>Setting>System>Factory>select Reboot
Once reboot you should see the new logo created by you

bootlogo change

Honestly I don’t know why they require such low memory storage devices. If you need to update firmware you need an 8 gig micro lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Thumbie95.50
      02-04-2024, 11:58 AM   #1698
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stE92M3 View Post

If you need to update firmware you need an 8 gig micro lol.
Not true. You can use up to a 32GB microSD card for firmware updates:

https://www.mr12volt.com/pages/p2000...ftware-updates

The 32GB limit is due to the max (official) size of a FAT32 partition.

As a practical example of this limitation in modern computing, the windows UEFI boot loader still has to reside on a fat32 partition, because UEFI cannot boot straight from a NTFS partition.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #1699
hirequar
Rep
Drives: E92 330i N52NB30A

Good morning,

I recently connected the Mr12Volt MOST Bus Box to my CCC.

The whole thing also works, the original system also works and the controls etc. all work (there is power on it)
The seat heating, PDC etc. work.

But the air conditioning and heating do not. My windows have also steamed up since then because the heating doesn't work. I never had any problems with this before.

No warm air comes out of the front at all. Even if I set it to 28°C, everything is running at maximum, set to red and the control dial to I (engine is warm), cold air even comes out of the back.
The snowflake (symbol) and automatic is on. You can also clearly hear the ventilation.

I have also completely removed and reinstalled everything again, but this has not helped. I've had the problem since the installation.

The climate control panel and all other cables are connected. 3 cables are plugged into the air conditioning control unit (without these there is no power, but I have it), one flat thin one to plug in and 2 others with levers.

I have attached the error memory. There are a lot of errors.

I also looked in the passenger footwell, nothing is loose there.
You only disconnect one cable there for the small light bulb.

I wonder what that could be now?
Attached Images

Last edited by hirequar; 02-04-2024 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 11:52 PM   #1700
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirequar View Post
Good morning,

I recently connected the Mr12Volt MOST Bus Box to my CCC.

The whole thing also works, the original system also works and the controls etc. all work (there is power on it)
The seat heating, PDC etc. work.

But the air conditioning and heating do not. My windows have also steamed up since then because the heating doesn't work. I never had any problems with this before.

No warm air comes out of the front at all. Even if I set it to 28°C, everything is running at maximum, set to red and the control dial to I (engine is warm), cold air even comes out of the back.
The snowflake (symbol) and automatic is on. You can also clearly hear the ventilation.

I have also completely removed and reinstalled everything again, but this has not helped. I've had the problem since the installation.

The climate control panel and all other cables are connected. 3 cables are plugged into the air conditioning control unit (without these there is no power, but I have it), one flat thin one to plug in and 2 others with levers.

I have attached the error memory. There are a lot of errors.

I also looked in the passenger footwell, nothing is loose there.
You only disconnect one cable there for the small light bulb.

I wonder what that could be now?
Best guess:

One of the cables going to the climate control interface is either not connected properly or damaged.

This is the only part of the climate control system that is touched during the install process and would explain the symptoms.
Appreciate 2
Thumbie95.50
DrFerry6728.50
      02-05-2024, 04:10 PM   #1701
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
Best guess:

One of the cables going to the climate control interface is either not connected properly or damaged.

This is the only part of the climate control system that is touched during the install process and would explain the symptoms.
I agree, this is the first place i'd look.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 09:05 PM   #1702
hirequar
Rep
Drives: E92 330i N52NB30A

Thank you very much, it was exactly that! I could have dismantled it countless times.

No more errors in the fault memory and everything is working again.

I pressed in extra hard. However, the lever must go up automatically or engage. I pushed it up manually...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 09:41 PM   #1703
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirequar View Post
Thank you very much, it was exactly that! I could have dismantled it countless times.

No more errors in the fault memory and everything is working again.

I pressed in extra hard. However, the lever must go up automatically or engage. I pushed it up manually...
Rookie mistake, the plug is supposed to be plugged in and as you slide the lever it will slowly move into place without any effort.
Clear the errors and you're good to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 01:48 PM   #1704
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Can someone create a bmw roundel boot screen for me or point me to an existing one?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 11:53 PM   #1705
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Can someone create a bmw roundel boot screen for me or point me to an existing one?
Yeah I have one, send me your email and I'll forward it over to you.
You want the simple BMW one right?
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50
      02-09-2024, 03:36 AM   #1706
a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy_methoxy View Post
I manged to recive the new unit for free, after i reported the microphone echo and black screen issues.
microphone echo still appears after a couple of minutes into the call.
Is anyone not experiencing these issues? Is it phone specific maybe i.e. iPhone vs Android?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 06:17 AM   #1707
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
email sent. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 04:45 PM   #1708
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Hey, do you have a simple M or M3 logo boot screen?
and is this something we can do on the CCC version as well? I think I had a hard time finding it earlier.
      02-09-2024, 05:47 PM   #1709
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-E90 View Post
Hey, do you have a simple M or M3 logo boot screen?
and is this something we can do on the CCC version as well? I think I had a hard time finding it earlier.
Yup I do.
Appreciate 2
Ali-E90378.50
DrFerry6728.50
      02-09-2024, 08:02 PM   #1710
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Wouldn’t mind the M3 one too if it’s on offer!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 10:46 AM   #1711
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Managed to create my own bootloader screen but can’t for the life of me get it into the MR12V.

I have used usb and sd, the file size is under 30kb, the image size is 800x400. The usb and sd are either 8gb or 32gb partition of a bigger drive (respectively). Both formatted fat32. The only files on the root directory are bootlogo and update - bootlogo is a jpeg but has no file extension. When connected to the usb drive it briefly said update in progress but nothing changed.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-10-2024, 11:57 AM   #1712
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
I want one of these Mr12Volt but am apprehensive about installing the kit. I’m a mechanical engineer guy not electrical stuff. Knowing me I’d probably break something and I still have to get my hoopdy billowing roof lining fixed. I suppose a local audio installer could probably install the Mr12Volt and if they break something they’d be on the hook to fix it. Priorities, priorities. And then there’s the NRW Billet aluminum valve covers I’m dreaming about. One day. One day soon I hope.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2024, 01:55 PM   #1713
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
I want one of these Mr12Volt but am apprehensive about installing the kit. I’m a mechanical engineer guy not electrical stuff. Knowing me I’d probably break something and I still have to get my hoopdy billowing roof lining fixed. I suppose a local audio installer could probably install the Mr12Volt and if they break something they’d be on the hook to fix it. Priorities, priorities. And then there’s the NRW Billet aluminum valve covers I’m dreaming about. One day. One day soon I hope.
There's nothing really to worry about- its a pretty simple install. Like alot of mechanical work, you just gotta get past your apprehension and do it.

Once you are there, it's easy. The interior bits come apart like legos. The only electrical work is just unplugging stuff and plugging stuff in. It's pretty hard to mess up.

The one thing I would do to prepare your self, is just to watch a video on you to disassemble the the required bits of the interior, so you know the order to do stuff and how things come apart. While the below video isnt mr12volt specific, the process is 99% the same. The only real difference is dealing with the MOST connector on the head unit, and adapter cable for the mr12volt, which literally takes 30 seconds.

Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      02-10-2024, 11:15 PM   #1714
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Managed to create my own bootloader screen but can’t for the life of me get it into the MR12V.

I have used usb and sd, the file size is under 30kb, the image size is 800x400. The usb and sd are either 8gb or 32gb partition of a bigger drive (respectively). Both formatted fat32. The only files on the root directory are bootlogo and update - bootlogo is a jpeg but has no file extension. When connected to the usb drive it briefly said update in progress but nothing changed.

Any ideas?
Tried again with 8gb usb stick again but this time used a photoshop created file on purpose just so I could enable “baseline encoding”.

Have written to MR12V on WhatsApp and they are saying try under 20kb file size.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 06:16 AM   #1715
Adam M
Private First Class
Rep

Tried sub 20kb made no difference.

They did confirm it must be USB, SD must be used for firmware upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 10:16 AM   #1716
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:

Any ideas?

Did you reboot the system when the usb was connected? I had to do it several times. Also I remember trying a bunch of different resolution sizes. The what’s app communication isn’t very help and the response time is slow, by the time they respond either I’ve given up or found the solution already.

My resolution I have is 800x441 and my file size was 25kb.

Try this resolution and maybe it will work for you.

Make sure car is off plug in usb drive turn on and do a system reboot. Again might have to reboot a couple times
Appreciate 0