BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

BPM

01-06-2023, 12:48 PM   #23
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
OP, not trying to thread jack but everyone reading this seems to have a similar issue. I’ve been having misfires and burning through o2 sensors like crazy. I’ve replaced every component I can think of apart from the SAP valves. My car is tuned and the SAP is disabled but it’s still not running right. I didn’t want to replace the SAP valves with new ones and run into the same issue later on when they’re not necessary for my application. I have finalized designs for a GT4 block off replica. I was going to have a set CNC machined for myself but if there’s some interest I’d be more than happy to have a few extra sets made up. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.
Pm sent! Thanks man for sharing. Any reason they’re not simply block off plates. Not sure it needs the additional mounting point on the end.
      02-15-2023, 06:25 PM   #24
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Pm sent! Thanks man for sharing. Any reason they’re not simply block off plates. Not sure it needs the additional mounting point on the end.
There’s a heat shield that mounts to the sap valve.

Also, OP, this guide is invaluable. It was the absolute worst job I’ve ever done to date but your guide made it waaay better. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 08:30 PM   #25
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Any coding for eliminating the CEL?
      02-26-2023, 09:55 AM   #26
Efinell
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

I’d like to find out too; Apparently mine is tuned out and i’m still getting the 27BO code
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 08:47 AM   #27
--Aramis--
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Block off plates are in stock at ECS and you can find some on Ebay in Europe
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 01:59 PM   #28
Signature Wheel BMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Signature BMW

FYI. No vendors that I know of can tune "out" SAP. They just change parameters wide enough where ECU won't trip. You will need the relay and sensor on that hose plugged in. Motor doesn't need to be plugged.

Last edited by Signature Wheel BMW; 03-30-2023 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 05:09 PM   #29
vlkvlk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3, Tesla M3P, F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Also, OP, this guide is invaluable. It was the absolute worst job I’ve ever done to date but your guide made it waaay better. Thanks again!
No problem! I would compare it to doing rod bearings just because it is so inaccessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature Wheel BMW View Post
Anyone can PM the vendor they used that successfully code out cats AND SAP for my track car?
My track car runs fine (fingers crossed) with BPM Sport Stage || tune. SAP deleted, straight x-pipe + Valvetronic.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs703.00
      07-18-2023, 10:55 PM   #30
anotherchengman
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Is there a reason why you can’t just put a cover plug on the valve? The same kind of plug that they have for the intake side. The only negative I see is if the temps get too high for the plastic plug but the original hose is plastic there too.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 03:10 PM   #31
boostin1004
Private
Rep
Drives: 04 m3 cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature Wheel BMW View Post
FYI. No vendors that I know of can tune "out" SAP. They just change parameters wide enough where ECU won't trip. You will need the relay and sensor on that hose plugged in. Motor doesn't need to be plugged.
I'm sorry but just wanted a little clarity on this as I'm performing the sap delete while the engine is out. The two plugs that were attached from the harness to the pump need to still be plugged in? Or can I just jump the plugs to have it work?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 08:44 AM   #32
Signature Wheel BMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Signature BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin1004 View Post
I'm sorry but just wanted a little clarity on this as I'm performing the sap delete while the engine is out. The two plugs that were attached from the harness to the pump need to still be plugged in? Or can I just jump the plugs to have it work?
See below. You'll want this remaining sensor circled in purple plugged. You can remove the hoses and zip tie the sensor to the firewall. The actual pump can be removed and doesn't need to be plugged in. Most tuners just change the parameters for the SAP pump to come on at such a ridiculous threshold that the ECU will never trigger the pump to turn on, but the ECU is still looking for this air flow sensor which is why it needs to be plugged.

Here's a GT4 replica block off plate by NRW Design. You can also use OEM E36 M3 block off plates, but there isn't a place for the back heat shield to bot onto to, NRW is nicer. As for the intake block off clip, reach out to Leddy's Motorport.

https://www.nrw-design.com/products/s65-cover-plates

*Disclaimer: This mod is meant for motorsports use only. If you live in a state where emission inspections are required, your car will not pass.
Attached Images

Last edited by Signature Wheel BMW; 08-28-2023 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 03:27 AM   #33
--Aramis--
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

I have just done it this week end ... a real pita, specialy the left bank
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs703.00