BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #67
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
I figured as much but I'm okay with paying more as that seems to be the better option.

Thanks.
The way they told me is if you track the car then they recommend ARP bolts but if your car is for street use then they said and I quote OEM bolts are as just fine.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #68
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
I figured as much but I'm okay with paying more as that seems to be the better option.

Thanks.
The way they told me is if you track the car then they recommend ARP bolts but if your car is for street use then they said and I quote OEM bolts are as just fine.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

No track use for me, street only.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #69
drumnjuny
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 / f87 M2C

ARP hardware is no joke. in my last engine build i spent over $1500 just in hardware from them... but running 35 pounds of boost requires it.

IMO if you aren't boosted you definitely do not need ARP hardware here. even if you are tracking it... still not really necessary. the motor isn't taking any more of a beating than it was stock, but for peace of mind it might be worth splurging.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #70
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumnjuny View Post
ARP hardware is no joke. in my last engine build i spent over $1500 just in hardware from them... but running 35 pounds of boost requires it.

IMO if you aren't boosted you definitely do not need ARP hardware here. even if you are tracking it... still not really necessary. the motor isn't taking any more of a beating than it was stock, but for peace of mind it might be worth splurging.
Thanks for the information!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #71
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumnjuny View Post

The ARP bolts for the S65 rods are more for ease of installation rather than longevity. The ARP bolts are all single torque. The OEM bolts require a complex torque sequence.

I'd say most shops would want to use the BE Bearing ARP ones rather than OEM if they want to save time and money. If they are quoting you cheaper for OEM bolts - they have no idea what it takes to torque down the OEM bolts. The additional labor easily outweighs any cost difference.
      04-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #72
drumnjuny
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 / f87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
The ARP bolts for the S65 rods are more for ease of installation rather than longevity. The ARP bolts are all single torque. The OEM bolts require a complex torque sequence.

I'd say most shops would want to use the BE Bearing ARP ones rather than OEM if they want to save time and money. If they are quoting you cheaper for OEM bolts - they have no idea what it takes to torque down the OEM bolts. The additional labor easily outweighs any cost difference.
good info, thanks!! the sequences are such a PITA sometimes, i wasn't aware that was the case here. I don't think I did ARP hardware but i can check my invoice to see... will report back.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #73
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilation View Post
I'll PM you a guy who is a BMW tech in your area and does this on the side. Much cheaper than any shop will charge, too.

-Josh
Could you pls give me his info?

Thanks!
Luis.
Appreciate 0