BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #265
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
and I bought 3 massive boxes of Corn Flakes for that 1% cereal

Kashi Go Lean was great, but it was suuuuuper expensive for the small 13.8 or 14oz box...

I can get better food for less money - and yes, I grew up in the trailer park so I have a soft spot for Corn Flakes

love that freaking cereal......
haha its all about cinnamon toast crunch for me. I could finish off a couple boxes of those easily. Although the roof of my mouth would be completely destroyed lol

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #266
Nebraska330xi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08
Quote:
ok, so I had to post this pic before I went to bed.

went out to a HEMI Meet here in Houston and we went to this BBQ place called Dickey's.

1/2lb chicken breast
1/2lb turkey
1/2lb pulled pork
cup of pickles (not shown)
about 2 or 3oz of BBQ Sauce
8oz cup of water and lemonade (50/50 mix - you can see it in the picture )

the old me would have used about 5oz of BBQ Sauce, I would have gotten macaroni and cheese and some mashed potatoes.

I would have also drank 32oz of Root Beer......

we have a dickies bbq near my house. tried it when it first opened up and was not impressed at all
Yea it's the mcdonalds of BBQ....cheap and came In a plastic bag before it hit your plate.

DIY: Charcoal Delete, K
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #267
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
haha its all about cinnamon toast crunch for me. I could finish off a couple boxes of those easily. Although the roof of my mouth would be completely destroyed lol
yeah, in my pantry, my cereal boxes look like this.

Trix
Fruity Pebbles
Cookie Crisp
Coco Puffs
Captain Crunch
Kashi Go Lean

HAHAHA !!!!! i'll try to take a picture tonight if I remember
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #268
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
ok, just so everyone is understanding what I'm doing.....

I am NOT tracking my calorie intake - I am tracking my Calories from Fat intake - much different.....
I think its great that youre on a diet. I don't really understand why the focus is all on calories from fat though.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #269
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
I think its great that youre on a diet. I don't really understand why the focus is all on calories from fat though.
well, for me personally, my buddy put me on this diet that he got from his dietician.....

since I'm already fat, they are watching my CFF intake so that my body will start to burn the fat that I already have, as opposed to the fat that I would be ingesting every day.....

so since I'm cutting my fats by about 90%, my body is burning stored fat for energy.....

here is lunch today - about 25oz of Fiagolli with 12oz of water with Crystal Light

1 teaspoon pepper
3 teaspoons oregano
32oz beef stock - 0g from fat, 200mg sodium
1 bottle Prego - 25 CFF, 200mg sodium
carrots
celery
diced tomatoes
1lb 80% lean ground beef
shell pasta - 0 CFF
1 can black beans
1 can northern beans

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #270
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Me either....

If you are trying to lose weight, simply reducing or even eliminating your caloric intake from fat calories, while disregarding your overall calorie intake, frankly, does not make any sense.

You will only lose weight if you create a calorie deficit, and the source of the calories does not matter. For Example, if your BMR is 2800 calories a day, and you eat 2300 calories a day (even from 100% fat calories) you will lose about 2lbs a week, consistently. However, if you consumed 2800 calories a day, even from 100% lean, fat free calories, it wouldn't make any difference, you still wouldn't lose any weight.

Reducing fat in the diet does not equal weight loss, the only way you will lose weight is to calculate your BMR and then create a daily budget for your calories, you should be maintaining a calorie deficit of at least 500 calories per day. If you do that you should lose about 2lbs a week

With that being said reducing unhealthy fats in your diet is good for your overall health, but it looks like you really need to increase your consumption of unrefined plant based foods if you want to live a healthy lifestyle...

Not trying to bust your balls dude, but I just hate to see people on these fad diets wasting their time....

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway

Last edited by kingofthedemo; 01-20-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #271
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:

since I'm already fat, they are watching my CFF intake so that my body will start to burn the fat that I already have, as opposed to the fat that I would be ingesting every day.....

so since I'm cutting my fats by about 90%, my body is burning stored fat for energy.....

I can tell you right now that whoever is telling you this is a complete quack, are they just making this stuff up as they go along or what? Please do not waste any more time listening to these people, who are giving this horrible pseudo scientific advice!

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #272
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

ok, so I just got a message from my buddy that the ground beef is no good - I need to sub it out with 99% extra lean ground turkey....

still learning - but still geeked
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #273
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
I can tell you right now that whoever is telling you this is a complete quack
i'll take it - I can reach down to my side and pull my belt from my body about an inch and a half....

feels good ya'll......

I'm sure in about 30 days i'll be down to the next notch in my belt....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #274
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
ok, so I just got a message from my buddy that the ground beef is no good - I need to sub it out with 99% extra lean ground turkey....

still learning - but still geeked

You should go to the link I posted below and calculate your BMR, once you have figured out your BMR, you should subtract 500 calories from whatever your bmr is and eat that number of calories per day.

Buy a food scale and make sure that you measure or weigh your portions so that you are aware of your daily intake of calories. Give this a shot and I promise that you will lose weight! Try to get your calories from nutrient dense foods, like vegetables, limited whole grains, fish, chicken, turkey, beans, fruits, nuts, and seeds.

I have lost over 80lbs since april and I am now almost down to the weight that I was in high school. I am down from 292 to 212 6'4'' tall. I accomplished this without exercise, all diet! I also recommend that you read, ''Eat to live'', by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

BMR LINK: http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #275
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

^^^ This is also a really good documentary, this is what inspired me to change my lifestyle in the first place, I strongly recommend it. It's on net flix. This guy lost about 60lbs (don't remember exact amount) in two months!

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #276
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
well, for me personally, my buddy put me on this diet that he got from his dietician.....

whoa im pretty sure that's not how it works. if you want to switch your body to mainly use fat as its energy source, you should look into the keto diet. you can lose out on a lot of essential fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6) if you just avoid fats altogether.

this is probably the best resource ive seen regarding nutrition and exercise on a single web page. http://simplesciencefitness.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #277
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

litos if you want to really help with the diet i would recommend to cut out the sweet drinks completely. I know you water them down but still. Its really bad for you to drink sweet beverages. cutting those out completely will have drastic effects on you

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #278
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know you water them down but still. Its really bad for you to drink sweet beverages.
you think it's bad to use Crystal Light in water ??

0 sugars
0 calories
0 CFF
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #279
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
litos if you want to really help with the diet i would recommend to cut out the sweet drinks completely. I know you water them down but still. Its really bad for you to drink sweet beverages. cutting those out completely will have drastic effects on you
oh, I'm having drastic effects already.

after only 1 week I feel great and I can hook my thumb on my belt and pull it from my body...

you have to understand that I ate like SHIT every day.

I wouldn't have an ounce of doubt in my mind I used to go for 4000-4500 calories a day and probably take about 1500 CFF a day.

last week I didn't take in 500 CFF the entire week......

snacking on bananas, mandarins, yogurt and assorted fruits every couple of hours too.....

been eating 6 times a day.

breakfast @ 8:30
snack @ 10
lunch @ 11:30
snack @ 2
snack @ 4
dinner @ 7
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #280
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
you think it's bad to use Crystal Light in water ??

0 sugars
0 calories
0 CFF
I think crystal light has artificial sweeteners so id avoid it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #281
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think crystal light has artificial sweeteners so id avoid it.
are artificial sweeteners not recorded on the nutrition facts ??
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #282
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
are artificial sweeteners not recorded on the nutrition facts ??
they should be listed in the ingredients list. they don't add anything nutritionally significant, but there's a link between drinking diet drinks and obesity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/

im cutting calories right now to get rid of a little holiday weight, so im avoiding sugar altogether.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #283
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

ok, the reason why I am dieting this way is because my buddy is trying to keep my body from feeding on my muscle instead of the fat...

he doesn't want my body cannibalizing the muscles - he just wants my body to burn the fat that I already have.

normally, if someone is 140lbs, 110lbs is lean muscle, 30lbs is fat.

if that person goes on a diet counting calories, the body is going to attack the protein in the muscle instead of the fat.....

if you lose 10lbs on that diet, when you get off that diet you gain the 10 fat pounds back, but you still lost the muscle.....

so now, you only have 100lbs of lean muscle and 40lbs of fat......

body needs calories to have strength, but not CFF because I'm on a lean diet.....

when you only ingest 500 calories, you start feeling like shit because your body doesn't have the sustenance it needs...

my body is using my own fat as an energy resource....

guys, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused - my buddy is a rocked up health nut with 7% body fat.

I'm getting my information from him and he gives it to me in sections since he's at work HAHA !!!

all I know is that this diet is working for me.....never been so excited to lose weight in my life.....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #284
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
they should be listed in the ingredients list. they don't add anything nutritionally significant, but there's a link between drinking diet drinks and obesity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/

im cutting calories right now to get rid of a little holiday weight, so im avoiding sugar altogether.
the sweeteners in Diet Coke's and Diet Pepsi's may be different than the ones in the drink mixes.....

at my desk right now, I have Crystal Light and Mio Fit......

if they're bad for me, I'd like to know...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #285
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
ok, so I had to post this pic before I went to bed.

went out to a HEMI Meet here in Houston and we went to this BBQ place called Dickey's.

1/2lb chicken breast
1/2lb turkey
1/2lb pulled pork
cup of pickles (not shown)
about 2 or 3oz of BBQ Sauce
8oz cup of water and lemonade (50/50 mix - you can see it in the picture )

the old me would have used about 5oz of BBQ Sauce, I would have gotten macaroni and cheese and some mashed potatoes.

I would have also drank 32oz of Root Beer......

What did you think of Dickey's? I've had it before and it was possibly the worst BBQ I've ever had...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #286
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What did you think of Dickey's? I've had it before and it was possibly the worst BBQ I've ever had...
As has been said before in this thread, they are a chain and their food shows it. I will go there when I need something quick and have a craving for some BBQ, though once you start smoking your own meat/making BBQ on your own, very little compares anymore. Their food isn't terrible, but you won't be writing home telling everybody how amazing it is either; think a McDonald's or BK kinda thing.
Appreciate 0