BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

BPM

08-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
blankstar43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

Dealer in Richmond area

Trying to decide between which dealer in the Richmond area has better service, reputation and friendliness to modded cars (all I have is the akra evo, so nothing crazy)

Richmond BMW or Midlothian BMW?

I recently tried to get a loaner from Richmond BMW for the day while they performed an oil change, only to have them tell me the service must be over 2 hours long to get a loaner?

This is new news to me as every dealer I used prior to moving here gladly gave me a loaner for an oil change appointment (plus we all know if you drop the car off for a quoted 30-45min service, you'll be lucky if its complete in under 2-3 hours)

With that said, which dealer do you all recommend and why?
      08-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
rpl77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 AW

I've never been to midlothian but have been to Richmond. I use Tim Peterson as my SA. Nice guy, he even knew about remote tunes even before i did! If he's not your sa, maybe switch to him. I'm sure he'd give you a loaner. He also commented on how good my gintani exhaust sounds.

You are right though--when I had my oil changed it took about 3 hr.

What part of Richmond do you live? I'm in Fredericksburg. Haven't seen another M the few times I've been down there.
      08-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
rpl77
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankstar43
Trying to decide between which dealer in the Richmond area has better service, reputation and friendliness to modded cars (all I have is the akra evo, so nothing crazy)

I recently tried to get a loaner from Richmond BMW for the day while they performed an oil change, only to have them tell me the service must be over 2 hours long to get a loaner?

This is new news to me as every dealer I used prior to moving here gladly gave me a loaner for an oil change appointment (plus we all know if you drop the car off for a quoted 30-45min service, you'll be lucky if its complete in under 2-3 hours)

Would love to hear your akra evo! Thinking about the MPE or slip on. I'm sure the evo sounds MUCH better though.

Are there many Ms in Richmond?
      08-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
blankstar43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl77
I've never been to midlothian but have been to Richmond. I use Tim Peterson as my SA. Nice guy, he even knew about remote tunes even before i did! If he's not your sa, maybe switch to him. I'm sure he'd give you a loaner.

You are right though--when I had my oil changed it took about 3 hr.

What part of Richmond do you live? I'm in Fredericksburg. Haven't seen another M the few times I've been down there.
I live off of 95 in the Glen Allen area. My drive to and from work is straight down 95 to downtown and I have seen maybe 2-3 other M3s over the past 3 months living here as well as a few at cars and coffee every other Saturday.

With that being said, none of them have given a friendly wave back while driving lol.

But ya, I wanted to lol at the young lady that told me the oil change would only take 45 mins, but refrained.
      08-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
blankstar43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Would love to hear your akra evo! Thinking about the MPE or slip on. I'm sure the evo sounds MUCH better though.

Sure, I'd be glad to let you hear the akra evo anytime! Just let me know when and we can make it happen.
      08-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
rpl77
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure, I'd be glad to let you hear the akra evo anytime! Just let me know when and we can make it happen.
Thanks man. Didn't know there is cars and coffee in Richmond. Let me know when the next one is. Hard to decide which exhaust to get. Both are pricey options too.

There is one other M3 here in the 'burg--met him on the forum but haven't met in person or see him driving around yet. I'm sure I'd wave though!
      08-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M4 Convertib

I agree with Richmond BMW and Tim Peterson. Good customer service. I'm driving an 08 alpine white M3....and I'll be sure to wave!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #8
rpl77
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatlc
I agree with Richmond BMW and Tim Peterson. Good customer service. I'm driving an 08 alpine white M3....and I'll be sure to wave!
If i see your AW I'll be sure to wave too!