BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

10-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #177
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Here is mine sorry car is dirty. Decided to put the oem exhaust back on with oem black performance tips, drilled new holes on the tips so they will stick out a bit more.
Attached Images

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #178
BLUE-BEAST///M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Looks good!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #179
Boo-E
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP DCT AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge
Here is a quick shot of one of the first 2x2 weave E90 diffusers. These are shipping today and mid week FYI.

Charge the card and ship it lol
      11-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #180
Jremmy
Medic
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Finally got mine installed at ACG today. The piece is beautiful. As others have mentioned, you can see where the meshing was done to form the curves but it's only noticeable when you're directly behind it. I did notice a small gap along the middle portion of the piece where it meets the bumper so I may be reinstalling w screws in a week or so once I have another day off lol. Thanks to Greg and everyone at Challenge for getting this thing back into production!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #181
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by missOC
Quote:
The fiber is aplenty on the roll. lol. The lay up and carbon pattern, infusion, curing, trimming, assembly, and clear coat all take time, especially when you want the part to come out looking nice consistently
So, I finally received my Challenge GT after several weeks of waiting and I'm nothing but disappointed. In all honesty, the craftsmanship of the diffuser makes Duke Dynamics look like a legit brand. Not only was the fitment AWFUL, but the CF was mended horribly as well. If you're only producing two diffusers per week as previously stated, then you'd think you would be able to get it right. You were putting out an exceptional product at one point so there's really no excuse for this. I guess I'll be waiting another 4-5 weeks for a replacement that hopefully won't look like it was assembled in the dark.
You should really post the picks.
      11-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #182
Boo-E
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by missOC
Quote:
The fiber is aplenty on the roll. lol. The lay up and carbon pattern, infusion, curing, trimming, assembly, and clear coat all take time, especially when you want the part to come out looking nice consistently
So, I finally received my Challenge GT after several weeks of waiting and I'm nothing but disappointed. In all honesty, the craftsmanship of the diffuser makes Duke Dynamics look like a legit brand. Not only was the fitment AWFUL, but the CF was mended horribly as well. If you're only producing two diffusers per week as previously stated, then you'd think you would be able to get it right. You were putting out an exceptional product at one point so there's really no excuse for this. I guess I'll be waiting another 4-5 weeks for a replacement that hopefully won't look like it was assembled in the dark.
You should really post the picks.
+1
      11-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #183
fbm3cab
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Opinions please

I also received a diffuser has poor fitment, when I spoke to someone at challenge they said that if I had a professional install it then all would be good?

The attached picture shows the left side fitment with the diffuser held up to the car as snug as possible, there is a quarter inch gap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #184
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbm3cab View Post
I also received a diffuser has poor fitment, when I spoke to someone at challenge they said that if I had a professional install it then all would be good?

The attached picture shows the left side fitment with the diffuser held up to the car as snug as possible, there is a quarter inch gap.
IND just told me you had someone else check it out after we last spoke. As I mentioned on the phone we wanted an installer to check it out before we had you ship it back from Canada if it was something the installer could do. I already let IND know this AM that we would take it back and send you a replacement and cover the shipping and test fit it for you before it shipped to Canada. You should see an email from Jesal there shortly as well as a shipping label from us.

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 11-25-2013 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #185
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by missOC View Post
I'll get with EAS on this today for you and make sure its taken care of and a replacement gotten to them ASAP. You are probably the first person to make any comments like this on the lay up and quality in our 3 year history so I'm shocked to hear it, but will look into it once I get photos from EAS.

Either way I'll make sure you get the part, and quality you paid for.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #186
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremmy View Post
Finally got mine installed at ACG today. The piece is beautiful. As others have mentioned, you can see where the meshing was done to form the curves but it's only noticeable when you're directly behind it. I did notice a small gap along the middle portion of the piece where it meets the bumper so I may be reinstalling w screws in a week or so once I have another day off lol. Thanks to Greg and everyone at Challenge for getting this thing back into production!
Thanks for posting up pics. I already got with Sean and James at ACG both end of last week and gave them an idea to cure the small gap you're seeing in the center. We made a recent small change to a trim line in one of the new molds that should make install easier and also remedy the install issue the 2 other people above seemed to have. We just figured it out a few days ago after a test fit.

Let us know if you need any other help. You should have my email etc from before. Always happy to help so we can make sure our customers are satisfied in the end.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #187
kiln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Man i am kind of scared to install mine. I am driving up to ind in december to have them install it and a few other things. I hope i will not have to return it.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #188
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiln
Man i am kind of scared to install mine. I am driving up to ind in december to have them install it and a few other things. I hope i will not have to return it.
I installed mine and it was easy and fitment perfect.
      11-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #189
Jremmy
Medic
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiln
I installed mine and it was easy and fitment perfect.
You got one of the ones from the lucky batch lol... ACG reinstalled mine 3 times (trimming it the 3rd time) and there's still a gap where the 3m tape is exposed :

As a side note, ACG are an awesome group of guys and tried their best to achieve the best possible fitment on this piece, but I think I was just unlucky and got one of the bad ones :-/
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #190
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiln View Post
That's dedication!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #191
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
You dog! What else are you having done? SC?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #192
kiln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Lol. Your gonna have to wait and see . It is not a SC. I am heading up there on dec. 15.

I did a test fit and nothing seemed to be problematic. Im sure ind will b able to install mine perfectly. (I hope anyway )
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #193
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Lol. Your gonna have to wait and see .
What a tease!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #194
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremmy View Post
You got one of the ones from the lucky batch lol... ACG reinstalled mine 3 times (trimming it the 3rd time) and there's still a gap where the 3m tape is exposed :

As a side note, ACG are an awesome group of guys and tried their best to achieve the best possible fitment on this piece, but I think I was just unlucky and got one of the bad ones :-/

ACG did a great job. We sent them some photos of the adjustment we made on our side since a week or so ago on the mounting flange area. We of course gave them the option to send it to us for the trim adjustment or replacement if needed. I'll get with you directly Jeremy for some pics of the area. Usually even if there ever is a hard area to fit, the center is not it so that seems really out of the ordinary.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #195
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Your gonna have to wait and see . It is not a SC. I am heading up there on dec. 15.

I did a test fit and nothing seemed to be problematic. Im sure ind will b able to install mine perfectly. (I hope anyway )
I think I know something else that's going on.....
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #196
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Just added some step by step installation instructions for those that have diffusers and wanted some tips. These will be added on our site shortly as well. Please see the link below for the PDF.

http://www.challenge-usa.com/PDF/cha...structions.pdf

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 12-06-2013 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #197
Boo-E
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just added some step by step installation instructions for those that have diffusers and wanted some tips. These will be added on our site shortly as well. Please see the link below for the PDF.

Link not working
      12-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #198
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Fixed!

Appreciate 0