BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep
Drives: M3

Finally 111....

Well, this was sort of unexpected from another dealer but...
  • 6MT club for me
  • Alpine White
  • Fox Red
  • CFL Trim
  • Premium Package
  • Technology Package
  • Enhanced Premium Sound
  • IPod/USB Adaptor
  • HD Radio
  • Park Distance Control (Rear)
  • Rear Sunshade
  • Heated Seats
  • 19' Wheels

It's status 111 as of now - estimated production date is Week 12 with delivery in early April - tho i'm a little weary to believe that with all this talk of delays and shortages - I was told it could very well be earlier than that but I seriously doubt it at this point.
I'm working on makin reservations for PCD as well but not sure how booked it is and if I'll be able to fit it into my scheudle- 8 hour drive from here - would be an awesome way to work towards those run in miles on the way back

yay
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Niceee fully loaded..

Congrats~
      02-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nechronics View Post
  • 6MT club for me
Welcome to the 6MT club!

I also have a mid-March "estimated" production date. We might get our cars around the same time.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:

It's status 111 as of now - estimated production date is Week 12 with delivery in early April - tho i'm a little weary to believe that with all this talk of delays and shortages - I was told it could very well be earlier than that but I seriously doubt it at this point.
I'm working on makin reservations for PCD as well but not sure how booked it is and if I'll be able to fit it into my scheudle- 8 hour drive from here - would be an awesome way to work towards those run in miles on the way back
Excellent! I wish the PC was closer to me, but not doin' a 2,500 mile drive right out of the chute.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Performance Center Delivery

Quote:

This regarding Performance Center Delivery in response to a question about dooing it after European delivery (1/18/08):

"Also keep in mind that we will not be able to do any kind of deliveries from April 7th - 25th (on average it has been taking 8 - 10 weeks from the ED drop-off date before we are able to delivery the vehicle). Our facility is being used for the US launch of the X6, M3 and 1 series during this time. A bulletin will be released to the dealers regarding this any day now."

Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product & Delivery Advisor

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 02-08-2008 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
rvacha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Ganley?

'16 F30 340i xDrive 6MT Melbourne/Black
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth
'18 F80 M3 6MT SO/CSAT
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
This regarding Performance Center Delivery:
"Also keep in mind that we will not be able to do any kind of deliveries from April 7th - 25th (on average it has been taking 8 - 10 weeks from the ED drop-off date before we are able to delivery the vehicle). Our facility is being used for the US launch of the X6, M3 and 1 series during this time. A bulletin will be released to the dealers regarding this any day now."

Jonathan Stribble
BMW Performance Center
Product & Delivery Advisor
This is exactly why I am not going for PDC as my car will most likely be built mid-March. Can one still go through the PDC event after picking up the car from the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
man02195
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
This is exactly why I am not going for PDC as my car will most likely be built mid-March. Can one still go through the PDC event after picking up the car from the dealer?
No, or let's say probably not... possibly someone on the message board (who doesn't need their guest pass) invites you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
will have to ask your SA. this was just mentioned in one of the other posts.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Quote:
  • 6MT club for me
Welcome to the 6MT club!
+1
Welcome to the club, nechronics!

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #11
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
+1
Welcome to the club, nechronics!

Best regards, south
Yes, welcome to our society.
      02-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep

While talking to the CA about PCD - she mentioned that she thought she had "heard" they weren't doing PCD in April - I asked her why and she said because the whole month is dedicated to having sales reps come to the center to get training on the 1 series and X6 which she said she was going for. I had told her that I had read (from reading on this board) that only public tours were closed down but PCD was still being done. Later she called me asking to get all my information down to get reservations made...so I'm not sure what that means.

I'm going to call her to get more details
I think by this point she may have not gotten that bulletin greg so there is a good chance she'll soon be telling me I won't be able to do it...don't think I want to delay delivery a month for it.

rvacha, I was all ready to go with ganley waiting for the 111 go ahead until paps got an allocation at a closer dealer nearby and took it....so I had to give that spot away
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #13
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here's a firm answer to your question:

"Hi Greg,

Unfortunately not. The only way to participate without paying is to actually take delivery of the vehicle here which included a 2 hour driving rotation.

The M5 and M6 have a driving experience that is built into the price of the vehicle and can be used within one year from the date of purchase.

The rest of the driving schools they offer here are tuition based."

Jonathan

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #14
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Here's a firm answer to your question:

"Hi Greg,

Unfortunately not. The only way to participate without paying is to actualy take delivery of the vehicle here which included a 2 hour driving rotation.

The M5 and M6 have a driving experience that is built into the price of the vehicle and can be used within one year from the date of purchase.

The rest of the driving schools they offer here are tuition based."

Jonathan
Thank for the info Greg.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #15
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

I should e-mail Mr. Stribble. He was the person who "introduced" me to my e46 M3 back in January of 2005 (the 14th, but who's counting! ). I'm hoping that he is the one I will have yet again for this go 'round.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #16
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
I should e-mail Mr. Stribble. He was the person who "introduced" me to my e46 M3 back in January of 2005 (the 14th, but who's counting! ). I'm hoping that he is the one I will have yet again for this go 'round.
You should. It's very refreshing to actually have a solid contact in large companies like this that will communicate with you. It seems many companies are treating customers like they're a bother. Just try to find a cutomer service phone number on BMW's website (I have it from the past, but couldn't find it online recently). Try to find a contact for a real person who actually knows something and is willing to tell it at any large corporation.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #17
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep

Thanks for the updates greg

CA told me she can't set up for PCD or reserve a date until I go 112. They figure in 112 date + 56 days as a guideline for soonest PCD date. Assuming April 7-25 is out, I told her to set me up for PCD as long as it doesn't delay delivery more than a week...any longer and I may shoot myself. We'll see, though, as time gets closer where my mind shifts. I'm still scheduled for week 12 production but am not getting my hopes up until I see 112.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #18
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Thanks for the updates greg

CA told me she can't set up for PCD or reserve a date until I go 112. They figure in 112 date + 56 days as a guideline for soonest PCD date. Assuming April 7-25 is out, I told her to set me up for PCD as long as it doesn't delay delivery more than a week...any longer and I may shoot myself. We'll see, though, as time gets closer where my mind shifts. I'm still scheduled for week 12 production but am not getting my hopes up until I see 112.

Damnit I was really looking forward to PCD also...I too will not delay delivery if its going to be a much longer wait, like you I could probably do another week but more then that is really pushing it knowing the car is on our soil and not in the middle of the Atlantic were I risk Epacy sinking my ship...I'm going to call my CA on Monday and find out a little more...

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0