BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #67
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
A few months back I had the oil changed. Meter read as full when I left dealer. Over the next week and maybe 300 miles, it dropped steadily to add 1 qt. I thought they didn't torque the drain plug or something. Added the 1qt and it has not moved since. Roughly 3-4k miles.
This happened to me at my last oil change as well. Got down a full qt within a week of the change, I added a qt, hasn't budged since. Interestingly enough it was my first change with a new(er) SA, after my long time SA got laid off at my local dealer, and I suspect he was pickier or gave better instructions to the tech than the SA I used. So OP, as many others have pointed out, your car didn't burn oil that quickly, the tech just didn't do a good job of making sure it was completely full. Lesson learned for me, make sure you have a spare qt handy following an oil change. Yes, the techs should be more careful, but part of the blame goes to BMW for having a system that takes so long to recalculate the level after the change, something the old dipstick system never suffered for.
      03-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #68
nks_bb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90M ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber View Post
This happened to me at my last oil change as well. Got down a full qt within a week of the change, I added a qt, hasn't budged since. Interestingly enough it was my first change with a new(er) SA, after my long time SA got laid off at my local dealer, and I suspect he was pickier or gave better instructions to the tech than the SA I used. So OP, as many others have pointed out, your car didn't burn oil that quickly, the tech just didn't do a good job of making sure it was completely full. Lesson learned for me, make sure you have a spare qt handy following an oil change. Yes, the techs should be more careful, but part of the blame goes to BMW for having a system that takes so long to recalculate the level after the change, something the old dipstick system never suffered for.

Old thread but this was actually the case for me. Never budged after the second fill up!
Appreciate 0