BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis | Handling

Mporium BMW

05-27-2023, 09:51 AM   #23
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 M3

Appreciate the update and the pics! I still haven't installed mine because I might be selling my e93. However, your post makes me want to install my kit and keep my m3.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      06-02-2023, 12:42 PM   #24
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloumeM View Post
Appreciate the update and the pics! I still haven't installed mine because I might be selling my e93. However, your post makes me want to install my kit and keep my m3.
You should install it. It'll completely change the way the car handles.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      06-02-2023, 11:32 PM   #25
surfwhale
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

How does ride quality compare to something like an Ohlins R&T?

Also interested to see if there's any info on rebuild intervals here
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      06-03-2023, 08:26 AM   #26
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
My friend (M2 Competition) and I (E92 M3) purchased our R1 kit from Jason at OG Shark early this year. I just want to provide an update and a more detail review now that we both have put some street mileage and track use on our Nitron R1 kits.

Car Background
My car - 2013 E92 with EDC. Previous suspension setup was all stock EDC with only Ground Control camber plates. My car is not a daily. At time of coil over install it had 88,000km and about 15 track days in intermediate group.

My friend's M2C - It is a daily car. Previous suspension setup was just H&R springs. Roughly 30,000km but have done over 30 track days in mostly advanced group. His stock suspension was actually on the way out. Rear shocks were blown and bump stops were falling apart in pieces.

Unboxing
Upon unboxing our kits, we immediately could feel the quality of Nitron. Everything is milled out of solid aluminum, so nothing is joint or welded together. The finishing on all the components are of a high quality as well. They're so nice that one might want to display them on a wall than putting it on the car.

Installation
Very straight forward - nothing special or different about them than any other coil over kits made for our respective cars. Everything you needed to complete the install are included in the kit. 100% turnkey solution. We did however, opted to purchase new fasteners from BMW for our install.

Street Use
OG Shark recommended to set the dampers at 4 clicks from full soft. So we both set ours to that as a baseline. On my car, they are more comfortable than my old stock EDC setup. Very compliance, rides very smooth over uneven roads and the odd bumps here and there. Still very stable on spirited drives and on highway. Overall the ride quality is firm, but not crashy or jarring at all. Also there are zero NVH added despite everything is on solid mounts.

On the M2C, my friend said it is also very comfortable for a daily car. He did find that turning up the dampening from 4 to 7 clicks from full soft made the car more comfortable.

On Track
Not sure where to begin, but in short. THEY ARE F**KING AMAZING. My friend shaved a full 6 seconds off his previous personal best. I shaved off 4 seconds. We both did that in only the 3rd session of the day. The only change we both did to our cars since last year was Nitron coilovers. Other than that we used same tires as last year, same everything.

The Nitrons completely transformed the car. We both were able to carry more speed into corners and take tighter lines. Both our cars did things it couldn't in previous years. I had to spend the first 2 sessions of the day just to relearn my car and what it could do now.

My friend is a much faster and experienced driver than me. His M2C is stock other than pads and coilovers. This past weekend, he was keeping with all the Porsche GT cars and was near the top of group A time wise. A lot of people in our A run group complimented him on his driving and were all surprised to learned his M2C is 6 speed manual with only coilovers and pads done to it.

After our track day, we simply turned the dials to soften up dampening and made a 5 hour drive back home in comfort. No fuss or anything.

Over all, very very impressed. Zero regrets with this purchase.

Thank you again Jason for the recommendations and answering all my questions. Would 100% recommend your Nitron kits to others.
Thank you very much for the feedback! Glad they worked out so well for both of you on the track - and then you were still able to enjoy the ride home!

Quote:
Dooooooooooooooooo it! Might not ever want to sell it after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwhale View Post
How does ride quality compare to something like an Ohlins R&T?

Also interested to see if there's any info on rebuild intervals here
25k is the recommended - if you track a considerable amount might want to shorten that a bit / mainly street likely go longer. All service is handled here in North America too so turnaround time is very quick.

Ride quality was one of the biggest focuses we had on this kit. We run fairly stiff springs for a street car so certainly you will see the ride be a bit firmer. To make this street worthy we spent a lot of time on the high speed dampening to remove the harshness from bumps/potholes/etc. Also felt they were too harsh over curbs and such on the track. I feel like we were able to accomplish this goal and for a setup capable of this level of performance the ride quality is excellent. With Ohlins you typically set them up for one or the other. Stiffer springs for performance and ride quality can be fairly harsh. Softer springs for ride quality at the sacrifice of performance. With ours the goal was to eliminate as much of that compromise as possible and I think we were successful. Even in our "soft street" setting they will outperform most others while providing great ride quality.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 09:44 AM   #27
CTMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i MSport/2011 E93 M3

Thinking some of the reviews here might be good to cross post in the suspension / chassis forum for visibility…
      09-01-2023, 03:16 PM   #28
OG Shark
Rep

Labor Day Sale!!!

10% Off All OGSM Nitron kits!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 06:19 PM   #29
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Mineral White

Wonderful!
Any plans for R3?
Thinking either that or TTX
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 08:37 AM   #30
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJUN75 View Post
Wonderful!
Any plans for R3?
Thinking either that or TTX
We developed an R3 kit as well! I run them on all our dedicated track cars but they are also still excellent on the street. Shoot me an email jason@ogsharkmotorsport.com with any questions and can go over the specs/details of the kit options!
Appreciate 1
DKJUN7514.50
      10-06-2023, 01:20 PM   #31
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Wheel up!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
OG Shark4692.50
cloumeM165.50
      10-07-2023, 04:34 PM   #32
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Wheel up!
Love hearing all the progress you have made there this year! Glad you are enjoying the Nitrons - and giving them a good flogging out on track!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 01:58 PM   #33
aamirp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 m3

Was able to install this past weekend, replaced a set of KW CS that I was running previously. Immediately felt a night and day difference, the comfort level is amazing compared to what the KWs felt like. Canyon performance is fantastic too, I still am going to dial in what settings I'd like to run, but already loving the car even more now.

Jason was great in helping throughout the process, and helped me through every question I had!
Appreciate 2
OG Shark4692.50
bipp73.50
      11-15-2023, 11:18 PM   #34
siulung2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I saw Nitron IG shows a height-adjustable strut. Is this something that will be available for E9X as well?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 03:58 AM   #35
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siulung2005 View Post
I saw Nitron IG shows a height-adjustable strut. Is this something that will be available for E9X as well?
Are you referring to their front axle lift system? If so then yes it will work on the E9x dampers and is retrofittable to existing kits. This is the FAL system -

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KnHslk6bces
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 09:55 AM   #36
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Are you referring to their front axle lift system? If so then yes it will work on the E9x dampers and is retrofittable to existing kits. This is the FAL system -

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KnHslk6bces
Oooo I saw that as well. How does it work? Electric or hydraulic? What is it involved fitting it on the R1? Also cost?

I’m definitely interested, if it is a straight forward retrofit. One of the track I go to involves taking a ferry and my front lip always scrape getting on/ferry.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 02:30 PM   #37
siulung2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Oooo I saw that as well. How does it work? Electric or hydraulic? What is it involved fitting it on the R1? Also cost?

I’m definitely interested, if it is a straight forward retrofit. One of the track I go to involves taking a ferry and my front lip always scrape getting on/ferry.
Curious how much the retrofit kit vs pre-install is as well!

Also which track is that? That sounds cool taking the car to a ferry
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 06:44 AM   #38
gnx
Όλα ρόδες
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Hi, did you end up installing yours on the e93?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 09:45 AM   #39
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnx View Post
Hi, did you end up installing yours on the e93?
No I have not.... I am actually selling it. My M will likely be for sale in the Spring.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 10:37 AM   #40
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siulung2005 View Post
Curious how much the retrofit kit vs pre-install is as well!

Also which track is that? That sounds cool taking the car to a ferry
Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit (VIMC)
https://islandmotorsportcircuit.com/

As the name suggest, it is located in Vancouver island. Being up in Vancouver, we don't have a whole lot of tracks to choice from. There are only 5 that are "close by". Only 1 track that is located a 40 minute drive away, but it is really small, no run offs with the walls sitting about a foot away from the track and not really maintain all that well. Most locals tend to avoid going there unless they are really desperate for track days. The other 4 tracks are all pretty much a 2 day trip, as it takes an average of 4 to 5 hour drive one way.

VIMC is somewhat close to me. But it is still a 30 minute drive to the ferry, then 2.5 hour ferry and then another 30 minute drive just to get there. Not my preference as I scrape my lip on the ferry every time no matter how much I angle the car getting on/off lol.
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2023, 11:15 AM   #41
gnx
Όλα ρόδες
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
No I have not.... I am actually selling it. My M will likely be for sale in the Spring.
Have you unpacked it? Could you post a pic of the built spec sheet that comes with it? I would very much like to know their dedicated spring rate for the e93m3, would greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 11:37 AM   #42
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Quote:
Have you unpacked it? Could you post a pic of the built spec sheet that comes with it? I would very much like to know their dedicated spring rate for the e93m3, would greatly appreciate it.
It is posted on the first page of this thread.
Appreciate 2
gnx759.50
cloumeM165.50
      11-21-2023, 03:17 PM   #43
bipp
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 m3 zcp

Quote:
see his FS thread here: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2057577

the build sheet shows 120 and 160 n/mm f/r, which converts to 685/913.

edit: those pics are also on the first page of the thread
Appreciate 2
cloumeM165.50
gnx759.50
      01-03-2024, 01:18 AM   #44
bipp
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 m3 zcp

just got my kit in today after ordering in early Nov! def excited to get them installed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0