BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #1
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

(100% Completed) Cic upgrade 19 1b 6f 9c / ccc-ant - ccc-ask

Hey Everyone. I have done the CIC retrofit after 7 years I had couple issues at the begining but they all sorted out except 2. I would like to share the details with you so I can move forward.

Chapter 1
Vehicle Original Equipments :

Original Production Date : #0308
CCC Professional $606
Voice Control $620
TCU/MULF2 $6FL
Individual Sound System $752
Sat Prep $693

Retrofit Equipments :

New Born : #0311
2012 CIC Professional ($609) + SAT ($655) Version C1A
CID HD + Factory cable
Combox (BN2000) $6VC
USB port + Cable for the glovebox
8Pin
26 Socket
Fiber Optic Loop cable.

1- The issue I had at the very first stage of the retrofit was as soon as installed the CID and CIC and turned the head unit on, there was no sound what so ever with the trunk units being untouched at that point.

After that me and my friends thought it will be good idea to add the Combox and code the car and everything will work together fine. Well that didn't happen. I have tried at least 10 times to re pin the MULF/TCU and Combox back and forth never had a luck.

Then I thought Amp was fried. So removed the amp check everything all the fuses are good in glovebox and on amp as well.

So what happens is as soon as CCC is disconnected, Not the MULF but the TCU gets disconnected from the MOST Loop . And if you dont know about this you think TCU fiber optic cable is being connected makes you think MOST is looping.

Well as soon as me and my friend Trevor removed the TCU and added the Fiber optic loop and keep the MULF in place, that completed the the loop and sound came back right away. (Took 2 full day to figure out) And being in the tiny rear seat in a very awkward position to repin the sockets back and fort was BRUTAL. So if you have an experience like that READ this and save your time.

2- Then after the sound is back, I redid the combox socket based upon this amazing post

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh.../topics/772784

And sound is gone again and Combox ECU never responded to system with the pin order provided in this post. But it helped me alot to complete many things.

Then I got the Volt Meter and measured each pin and realized the "supposedly the power cable of the TCU doesnt have any 12V anymore and that supposed to be in PIN 2 and the MULF power cable that is repinned to Pin1 . And my Combox gets the power from PIN 2 and that TCU cable was not working to power the Combox. And in order to understand that, When units with Fiber Optic connector gets the power they send a test signal from the fiber port and if there is nothing blinking when they connected to the sockets that means there is no power or unit is faulty. That's what I learnt after 8 hours sweating time being on the tiny rear seat.

So now I only have one power cable attached to my Pin 2 from the MULF unit and combox works with bluetooth streaming + calling.

3- All the neccessary VO values FA Written on CAS/NFRM and everything was working as expected.

Then I scan the car with ISTA and got 21 error. Clear them and went down to 12. I messed up something during the head unit installation and flap motors behind the went wasnt even responding. I first checked the blower motor under the glove box, it was definitely working.
So I removed everything and check the connections and put everything back. Luckily that problem solved with a magic. Then another ISTA Test and went down to 4. One of them from FRM saying that Battery Exhausted so problem went down to 3.

Because I had a built in SAT I thought it will be good to remove $693 Sat prep and add $655 to make the VO list adaption for the new retrofit.

Well one of the Error was SAT can not communicate with Head unit.
Second One DAB Tuner cant communicate (Which I added on VO List to activate HD Radios)
Third error was No communication possible with Aerial Tuner.

So removed the $655 SAT and Removed $654 DAB (Since I dont have any green plug on the back of the unit). Then FA Wrote CAS/NFRM reseted the CIC . Run another ISTA. Only 2 error left.

1) FRM Battery Exhausted (Not a problem)
2) No communication possible with Aerial Tuner.

Quick google search brought me to this topic :

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh.../983501?page=2

And realized I still have the CCC-ANT and CCC-ASK on my ISTA Module Tree. Because there is no more MULF/TCU hardware left car still thinks there is a connection between CCC and TCU/MULF unit.

The main reason according to the topic is even tho we change the VO Values on NcsExpert, iLevel.data still getting collected by ISTA and sees the modules and causes a problem. Since my vehicle not have the CCC unit anymore solution seems like changing the WERK,HO and HO Backup numbers for advance year and date makes the ISTA to delete this 2 module from the list and recognizes the car fully CIC.

Does anyone came across the same issue and did you ilevel the vehicle in order to solve the issue and if so can you share step by step solution here?

Chapter 2 :

Because the CIC and Combox unit came from a donor vehicle, I have successfully coded the VIN on these units by using the Tool32. And then virginized the Head Unit and Successfully ACTIVATED following :

1- 19 (Navigation)
2- 1B (Navigation Pro w/ Life time FSC)
3 - 17 VOICE Control/Command
4 - 9C BMW Apps (Had to run FSCTool v2.18 at the top of FSTool V2.0.2 in order to Read the status and before the certification process, had to Activate Store) then had success.
5- SAT Radio (6F) I was able to read the status after having FSCTool working on the side but never had a chance to activate the feature with the FSC Cert. that came with the file. I then updated the car server files from here https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...ghlight=fstool

And tried again, I never had success to activate my built in SAT. I dont know why but it just doesn't work at the moment.

One of the member had the same exact issue like mine and fixed the problem by downloading the FSTool V.2.2 but I never had a luck to find that version if that even exist.

I would also need help to activate the SAT since I have an active account for a year.

Here is the screenshots regarding to the activation issue

I was not able to get status on this 2 till I installed FSC 2.18. I am so close to activate the 6F but I don't know what is causing this. I would like to get some help to finish up this project without a single issue or error like OEM.

Thank you in advance. And Happy New Year
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 11-28-2021 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
tdott3930.50
      12-31-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Why did you retrofit cic and not NBT or NBT evo?

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #3
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Why did you retrofit cic and not NBT or NBT evo?
The NBT Evo is a $3,000 DIY and the CIC is a $500 DIY.
Appreciate 2
brettcp341.00
SaNGRia980.00
      01-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

I feel like NBT is too much of an upgrade for e9x chassis beside the price. CIC more suitable than the NBT impo. And also TPMS has to replace with the upgrade as far as I know. I dont know what other upgrades needed but I am extremely happy with the CIC at the moment since I was using CCC for ever (I was getting the NBT package around $1600 including touch pad + Bimmer Emulator but I really dont need it.

It is a Sunday Drive and I was okay with CCC cuz I only use for music. But I am very happy with the upgrade!

Last edited by SaNGRia; 01-03-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:53 PM   #5
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

UPDATE :

I don't know how but after trying about an hour I was able to run the correct version (FSTool 02.02) with Java 1.5.0_22 and I was able to activate the 6F & 6NR

All I need to do is wait for the SAT cable and connect from CIC to trunk. Everything is in the menu. I also checked the combox version. Luckily seems like it is the latest version.

Thank you guys. CIC Upgrade completely done. Every option is active. Only one thing left. I just need to get rid off the CCC related boxes from ISTA. That's all.

If anyone knows anything about iLevel please share your knowledge. I know I can ilevel the car to later dates to get rid off the CCC related boxes, but I don't know if that will mess the FRM or other modules and I will need FRM3 or not after! Once ilevel updates the car for later production dates I am wondering also I will need to update each module to match with the system?
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 01-07-2020 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      01-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
Nem3sisSedan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 m3 sedan

Can you send me a link for getting my nav to work?

I'm in the middle of the upgrade and my nav is grey, I can't find the script to activate
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #7
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem3sisSedan View Post
Can you send me a link for getting my nav to work?

I'm in the middle of the upgrade and my nav is grey, I can't find the script to activate
Here is the Legend's topic :

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649066
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 07:27 PM   #8
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Hey guys,

I have done the CCC/ TCU-MULF to CIC/ Combox retrofit successfully. Every single option is activated even Satellite except BMW Live since it is not longer available on our chassis.

I have run couple ISTA D tests after the retrofit and I came down to 2 error that has to be corrected by ilevel.

First issue is as soon as I run the ISTA D, at the very first stage of the test which is car identification part MOST starts counting down 30s to 1 and resets the MOST and CIC during that time and starts the actual test right after and CCC ANT and CCC ASK still shows in the structure also throws a code related to this 2 removed module. 1 - Areal Tuner No Communication (CCC-ANT) 2-Satellite Module no communication (Car still thinks it has CCC so CCC only have Satellite with external unit and ISTA does not see the CIC satellite yet due to ilevel date)

Here is one guy fixed the issue via ilevel : https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180642
Here is another one : https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983501

I checked my ilevel. But I really don't know what date to write. I did my VO #0311
And here is the screenshot of my ilevel.

ISTA P Version
V30.0 - I_STUFE_WERK (Factory) = E89X-08-03-530
P2.51.3 - I_STUFE_HO (Dealer) = E89X-13-07-505
V30.0 - I_STUFE_HO_BACKUP (Current) = E89X-08-03-530

and this is Ista-P ilevel overview :

Reference : http://fsfikke.com/data/P3.65.1_ISTA...20OVERVIEW.pdf

Finally the UIF :

My first question is which date I will pick?

Second one will be after ilevel update am I going to get any issue with other modules such as FRM since mine is not FRM3. (I am not planning to update any module and I don't think I needed anyway but I just wanna know are they going to have an integration issue due to different production date will be on the system. And I know if I ever run ISTA P that will be an issue but I am going to use ISTA D not the P)
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 01-28-2020 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #9
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

I have fixed the issue and cant tell you how happy I am. The forum member hypertech (cartechnology) suggested that if you remove the $609 from the order list car will see the CIC but not the CCC anymore in ISTA D and will not cause any problem.

I tried it. It worked immediately. No need to mess with iLevel Only the thing is VO does not show CIC module anymore but I do not needed.

I am in the process of retrofitting the PDC and Rear camera. So I tired adding the $609 to VO without FA Write CAS/FRM , CIC came to list immediately, SO whenever I need to code the CIC I will do that.

Another thing I noticed that because the MOST system was confused with CCC ASK not being there, when the radio is running if I lock the doors, The radio was turning off and the speaker was making a weird short noise to cut the sound.

As soon as I removed the $609, MOST never countdown on ISTA D anymore then I realized everything working like it is used to. Then I tried to lock the doors while the radio on, Sound shut down smoothly like its used to.

If you wanna get rid off the CCC ANT/ASK just do this. No need to mess with iLevel #Cheers

Here is the screenshot :

And here is the 2 min ista Run (It was 10 min before correcting the issue due to missing module and MOST configuration)

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 06-14-2020 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
TiAgAu142.50
      05-31-2020, 11:40 PM   #10
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

UPDATE : After upgrading my FRM2 and JBE2 modules to FRM3 and JBE3, car ileveled itself from 08-03-530 to 10-09-511 and my car became truly an LCI vehicle. Even tho $609 in my VO, It does not MOST reset during ISTA vehicle identification process and not listing any CCC ASK-ANT related boxes and car Error Free with all the LCI updates.

I cant be happier with this goodies. I accomplished my goal!

Here is my iLevel screen :

Name:  screenshot_1466.png
Views: 7494
Size:  194.8 KB
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 3
brettcp341.00
Makaveli7116.50
TiAgAu142.50
      11-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #11
stiversont
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3,2016 640I, 2012 50iX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post

Chapter 2 :

Because the CIC and Combox unit came from a donor vehicle, I have successfully coded the VIN on these units by using the Tool32. And then virginized the Head Unit and Successfully ACTIVATED following :

1- 19 (Navigation)
2- 1B (Navigation Pro w/ Life time FSC)
3 - 17 VOICE Control/Command
4 - 9C BMW Apps (Had to run FSCTool v2.18 at the top of FSTool V2.0.2 in order to Read the status and before the certification process, had to Activate Store) then had success.
5- SAT Radio (6FL) I was able to read the status after having FSCTool working on the side but never had a chance to activate the feature with the FSC Cert. that came with the file. I then updated the car server files from here https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...ghlight=fstool

And tried again, I never had success to activate my built in SAT. I dont know why but it just doesn't work at the moment.

One of the member had the same exact issue like mine and fixed the problem by downloading the FSTool V.2.2 but I never had a luck to find that version if that even exist.
Sorry for jumping in here but I'm having a similar issue with a newly purchased E92 M3. Using INPA I see the vin in CIC is different from the car and fsc codes rejected. I have used the patcher before but I was unable to update the VIN to my car. I think I could load FSC codes using the current vin but really wanted to link to my car vin. I have problems getting FStool to work/connect but I have tool32 that is working and Dr. Gini working. Can you share how you successfully updated the VIN in your CIC using Tool32? I was struggling with the CICR_GW.prg being accepted. Really would appreciate any insight here!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #12
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiversont View Post
Sorry for jumping in here but I'm having a similar issue with a newly purchased E92 M3. Using INPA I see the vin in CIC is different from the car and fsc codes rejected. I have used the patcher before but I was unable to update the VIN to my car. I think I could load FSC codes using the current vin but really wanted to link to my car vin. I have problems getting FStool to work/connect but I have tool32 that is working and Dr. Gini working. Can you share how you successfully updated the VIN in your CIC using Tool32? I was struggling with the CICR_GW.prg being accepted. Really would appreciate any insight here!!!
I can help you out remotely!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #13
stiversont
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3,2016 640I, 2012 50iX5

Quote:
I can help you out remotely!
That would be much appreciated! Cars a 2012 M3, I already have the FSC codes from the template, I have two sets: 1 that matches my cars vin and one set I did that matched the current vin in the CIC. Already ran the usb sucessfully (does that need to run again after a vin update?)

My coding laptop has teamviewer 12. As noted, Dr Gini, INPA, tool32, WinKFP and NCS expert all worked but FSTOOL is being difficult. Also has Itool radar and easyconnect with Icom.

When do you think?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 12:09 AM   #14
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiversont View Post
That would be much appreciated! Cars a 2012 M3, I already have the FSC codes from the template, I have two sets: 1 that matches my cars vin and one set I did that matched the current vin in the CIC. Already ran the usb sucessfully (does that need to run again after a vin update?)

My coding laptop has teamviewer 12. As noted, Dr Gini, INPA, tool32, WinKFP and NCS expert all worked but FSTOOL is being difficult. Also has Itool radar and easyconnect with Icom.

When do you think?
PMed
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 07:32 AM   #15
cannyjock
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 M3

Sangria, do you have BMW apps working with an Android phone?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 11:57 AM   #16
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannyjock View Post
Sangria, do you have BMW apps working with an Android phone?
Nope! Its not possible with an android!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 03:32 PM   #17
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
UPDATE : After upgrading my FRM2 and JBE2 modules to FRM3 and JBE3, car ileveled itself from 08-03-530 to 10-09-511 and my car became truly an LCI vehicle. Even tho $609 in my VO, It does not MOST reset during ISTA vehicle identification process and not listing any CCC ASK-ANT related boxes and car Error Free with all the LCI updates.

Attachment 2326639
So to fix the ilevel issue you replaced the actual FRM3 and JBE3 modules or fixed it with software update? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 08:56 PM   #18
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovernUrMental View Post
So to fix the ilevel issue you replaced the actual FRM3 and JBE3 modules or fixed it with software update? Cheers
Yes sir. As soon as u upgrade the FRM and JBE to LCI, when you edit the FA with #0311 ur car actually becomes 2011 and non of the modules complain because all softwares iLevel number reflects LCI date on the system and CCC related boxes disappears from everywhere.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 1
TiAgAu142.50
      01-10-2022, 08:43 PM   #19
ulissestoga
Rep
Drives: bmw 135

Quote:

Attachment 2326639

Do you have the step by step to make this ilevel change?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 10:39 PM   #20
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

SaNGRia any idea what they updated in ILEVEL E89x-18-07-520?
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 10:59 PM   #21
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
SaNGRia any idea what they updated in ILEVEL E89x-18-07-520?
I havent looked at it but my care is all up to date for 2021. And other than Combox 4G process i dont know what else could be!
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 12-03-2022 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
derbo3592.00
      01-13-2022, 05:22 PM   #22
ulissestoga
Rep
Drives: bmw 135

Quote:
I havent looked at it but my care is all up to date for 2021. Anf other than Combox 4G process i dont know what else could be!
SaNGRia I need to update the ilevel of my 135i e82, I put the VO 0311, but my ilevel is still E89X-09-06-510.

Would you have a more detailed step-by-step on how to make this change in Tools32?
Appreciate 0