BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #45
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Sorry but i dont buy it. MPG is subjective and there are too many variable and accounting for all of them is impossible. 10mph in 1/4 mile equals to 100whp, i dont buy it either. Not trying to offend you but those numbers are just way too over exaggerated.
I believe Richbot is being sarcastic
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 01:43 PM   #46
aswy6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Sorry but i dont buy it. MPG is subjective and there are too many variable and accounting for all of them is impossible. 10mph in 1/4 mile equals to 100whp, i dont buy it either. Not trying to offend you but those numbers are just way too over exaggerated.
I believe Richbot is being sarcastic
That would make sense lol. Well English is not my first language so sometimes i have hard time understanding sarcasm in writing. My bad
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      07-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #47
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:

only on m3post

05-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #48
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Curious as to any update on these a year later? They hold up ok? Performance and reliability on the track? I’ve got them in my list of potentials and curious about long term use.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #49
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I still haven't tracked them. They're still brake rotors and still have a lot of the crosshatching on them. I don't think they ever get more than a little bit warm in street driving. I expect they're going to get even less wear now that I have a bit better pad up front (DS2500) and I'm not using near as much pedal pressure to stop the car as I was on the worn-out stoptech street pads
      05-22-2019, 11:54 PM   #50
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Thought I'd chime in here. I ran RacingBrake 2-piece rotors on my previous car (2011 RX-8 R3) and they were absolutely intolerable, as was RacingBrake's customer service.

The problem was that after the first hard stop, there was pedal pulsation that got worse and worse until braking felt like riding a jackhammer. I tried several cycles of rotor cleaning per their instructions. I also tried switching to a new pad based on the suggestion on their website. Later, out of desperation, I even bought a set of Hawk Blues to do the race pad resurfacing trick. Every time, the problem went away -- until the next hard stop, at which point the problem would come right back. By the time it was clear that the problem wasn't going away, and therefore represented a flaw in the rotors themselves, the warranty had expired and they basically told me to pound sand.

From what I gather from their website and reading reviews, these rotors use a unique alloy; it stands up to abrasive pad compounds way better than most, but exacerbates any tendency to develop uneven pad deposits. So, if you're using a relatively abrasive pad, e.g. Hawk (especially their track pads), it's great -- hence the love for these rotors. The abrasiveness of the pad keeps the deposit layer even, and you're good as long as you keep the pad in its operating temp range. But if you run a softer pad, e.g. Carbotech, you're in for it. They told me several times that the pad I had been running was going to be fine, and it wasn't -- nor, as mentioned above, was the other pad I tried per their recommendations.

I had several conversations with their customer service about the problems I had been having. They were just fine to speak with by phone, but terse if not unresponsive in writing. Convenient, as this left them completely unaccountable for their bad advice.

Overall, pretty terrible experience for rotors that cost ~2x OE.

Fortunately the rotors didn't wear much, so I sold them and went back to the OE rotor. Zero problems after that.

FWIW.

Last edited by IamFODI; 05-23-2019 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50