BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-13-2017, 09:13 PM   #23
Andy_H_E92_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_root View Post
I had never seen this solution before.

Are there part numbers for this? Thanks in advance..
Looks like something I did to my M3 back in 2013:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=830878&page=2
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 08:56 PM   #24
kyippee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorH View Post
I have one too, no issues and works great. My experience however as it relates to the optimal fluid level is a bit different. When I ran it just above the grate I would have a noisy PS pump when coming off the track, filled it up to about 3/4 full and no issues at all and noise is gone. It does hold a lot of fluid so I'd suggest buying two cans of PS fluid. You won't use all of both but you'll get a ways into the second can.
Any more experience on the correct fluid level? When we installed it, we filled up to just above the grate inside. Steering was very heavy at idle like no power steering. Felt like a dead pump. (Recently replaced already) now Iíve filled up higher and it still makes a whine and steering is still a bit heavier than normal. Going to keep adding a bit to see if it needs a lot of fluid.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 11:50 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Anyone have the part number for the 1M PS reservoir?
Thanks!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #26
kyippee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

I confirmed with Bimmerworld's online support team that the correct fluid level is just a little bit above the grates of the reservoir. Lowered my fluid level back down to that and I'll try reverting my power pulleys (underdrives PS) back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 09:07 PM   #27
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftflo View Post
i just copied the gt4 solution
http://www.m3racing.de/e92umbau.html#5
That's exactly what I did. I was going to get the BW/Moroso one but the reservoir was $6 on Amazon and I already had the tees and hoses. It works great. I still rock the basketball armband with zip tie so I never forget where I came from. #stayhumble
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 12:01 AM   #28
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Here's the BW link since no one posted it yet: https://www.bimmerworld.com/BimmerWo...servoir_2.html

1M PS reservoir at Amazon for $38. It's $2 cheaper at FCP but no free shipping: https://www.amazon.com/BMW-Genuine-O.../dp/B06Y3Z6CWC
and $31 at Tischer BMW- forum sponsor: https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...nk-32416767161

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 11-25-2019 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #29
maicol76
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

After power steering pump failure on the track, I'm using an AGA Tools PS reservoir with small reservoir(like GT4?) that is connected to the vent hole by a hose during several years. Perhaps this product has never been mentioned in this forum, because our vehicles are not on the application list. But, BMW uses the same shit in almost every models, this product is perfectly compatible with our car.
Anyway, this has a real filter, not like OEM mash filter that doesn't work well. So it will help the durability of the pump, IMO.
Small reservoir is a bike brake fluid tank, and I fill this with a little cottons.
There has been no problem at all for my track only E92 M3 during 4~5 years. I'm very satisfied with the clean engine room and the perfect performance.
2011 LCI W/DCT / K&N drop in filter / CSF radiator / do88 oil cooler / do88 DCT cooler / Akra Evo / Moton CS 2 way coilover / Wiechers strut bar(F) / ARC strut bar(R) / Alcon Superkit BBK / Tarox rotor / Geoff steel EHPS / Sard carbon-Kevlar GT wing / GT4 carnard / Aim Evo4+G-dash+GT Steering+S/C GP HD / Bride Zeta3 / etc.
Appreciate 2
kyippee775.50
aus651.50

12-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #30
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicol76 View Post
After power steering pump failure on the track, I'm using an AGA Tools PS reservoir with small reservoir(like GT4?) that is connected to the vent hole by a hose during several years. Perhaps this product has never been mentioned in this forum, because our vehicles are not on the application list. But, BMW uses the same shit in almost every models, this product is perfectly compatible with our car.
Anyway, this has a real filter, not like OEM mash filter that doesn't work well. So it will help the durability of the pump, IMO.
Small reservoir is a bike brake fluid tank, and I fill this with a little cottons.
There has been no problem at all for my track only E92 M3 during 4~5 years. I'm very satisfied with the clean engine room and the perfect performance.
Do you have a link for the product?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #31
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicol76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Do you have a link for the product?
Nice option, thanks for sharing! I especially like that it has a filter.

LINK

12-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #32
VtecforV8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

So if we were to swap out for the 1M part, would the current hoses reach were we to swap them (since the bottom becomes the top and vice-versa)? I saw another thread where someone fashioned adapters, but it doesn't have enough information to make a call.
Appreciate 1
oolas3371.00