BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

01-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #419
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
You're dodging the fact that the articles/video posted are factual, regardless of their source.

Nice try though.

If Prager or Fox posted a story about how rain typically comes from clouds and that it helps grass grow - RD would shout about how it came from a 'fake news source'. You're spinning your wheels, lol.
cmyx6go3106.50
Poiseuille3826.00

01-17-2020, 02:37 PM   #420
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
You mean being straightforward and answering the question. Is that dodging in trumpworld?
You're dodging the fact that the articles/video posted are factual, regardless of their source.

Nice try though.
So I point out that the Prageru is a pro Trump, alt right, largely fake news site.

And you're worried about what Donald Trump said.
And he did say they were fine people on both sides.

:
      01-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #421
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
So I point out that the Prageru is a pro Trump, alt right, largely fake news site.

:
In general, Prager is neither of those things.

Overall - it is primarily has libertarian leanings and aligns with Dennis Prager and Ben Shapiro.

01-17-2020, 02:49 PM   #422
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

:
"Your trollish mind tricks won't work on me."

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #423
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

The coordinated bs attack on Bernie has liberals going berserk.

#CNNisGarbage Trending On Twitter - Here's Why.
https://screenrant.com/cnn-garbage-trending-on-twitter/

CNN can't go any lower.

Pffftt, they're all in and their pack of Clinton cronies are out to destroy Sanders.
The National Enquirer has better ethics.
      01-18-2020, 06:52 PM   #424
Wheelwright
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)

Below is a well-reasoned rebuttal to the "Charlotteville Lie" video.
My personal take on the whole sordid fiasco is that you can interpret Trump's statement "fine people on 2 sides" in 2 different ways:

1) based on "alternative facts" that Trump made up out of whole cloth where the primary reason people attended this rally was to stop Civil War monuments from being demolished. So the rally-goers were by large just average, normal people concerned about preserving their history (despite all the evidence showing otherwise). If we accept this lie then indeed Trump didn't say anything wrong because he was simply recounting the situation.

2) based on factual evidence and the common sense which both point to this rally being overwhelmingly attended by the Nazis and Racists. It was even being advertised as such with prominent Nazis like Richard Spencer listed as keynote speakers, and the posters featured Nazi swastika lookalikes. Why would any normal person attend such an event and associate themselves publicly with these Deplorables ? They wouldn't and they didn't and in light of that Trump's statement about "fine people" could only have been referring to "fine Nazis".

Appreciate 1
      01-18-2020, 08:15 PM   #425
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Below is a well-reasoned rebuttal to the "Charlotteville Lie" video.
My personal take on the whole sordid fiasco is that you can interpret Trump's statement "fine people on 2 sides" in 2 different ways:

1) based on "alternative facts" that Trump made up out of whole cloth where the primary reason people attended this rally was to stop Civil War monuments from being demolished. So the rally-goers were by large just average, normal people concerned about preserving their history (despite all the evidence showing otherwise). If we accept this lie then indeed Trump didn't say anything wrong because he was simply recounting the situation.

2) based on factual evidence and the common sense which both point to this rally being overwhelmingly attended by the Nazis and Racists. It was even being advertised as such with prominent Nazis like Richard Spencer listed as keynote speakers, and the posters featured Nazi swastika lookalikes. Why would any normal person attend such an event and associate themselves publicly with these Deplorables ? They wouldn't and they didn't and in light of that Trump's statement about "fine people" could only have been referring to "fine Nazis".

I'd suggest you read the transcript and form your own opinion, because the original video is spot on.

Trump even specifically states "im not talking about the nazis"
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille3826.00

01-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #426
Wheelwright
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'd suggest you read the transcript and form your own opinion, because the original video is spot on.

Of course Trump is not going to directly say: "I support the Nazis" (or something to that effect).

But the bottom line is this: He did defend those Nazis by lying that many were just ordinary people, even patriots, who were just protesting their history (and specifically the monument of General Lee) being taken away.

Therefore this Trump's wilful and unapologetic lie did benefit and support Nazism, not in the most obvious and direct way, but in a truly Trumpian/Orwellian way: by creating alternative facts, and then whining about MSM not playing along due to grounding their reporting/analysis in reality, which is that the overwhelming majority of the people who marched at Charlotteslive were Nazis/White Supremacists.
Appreciate 2
      01-18-2020, 10:56 PM   #427
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Of course Trump is not going to directly say: "I support the Nazis" (or something to that effect).

But the bottom line is this: He did defend those Nazis by lying that many were just ordinary people, even patriots, who were just protesting their history (and specifically the monument of General Lee) being taken away.

Therefore this Trump's wilful and unapologetic lie did benefit and support Nazism, not in the most obvious and direct way, but in a truly Trumpian/Orwellian way: by creating alternative facts, and then whining about MSM not playing along due to grounding their reporting/analysis in reality, which is that the overwhelming majority of the people who marched at Charlotteslive were Nazis/White Supremacists.
Do you have any evidence short of what MSM has fed you that there were not "patriots" peacefully protesting there?

Why would he say the nazis were very fine people, and in the next sentence condemn them? It makes zero sense.

Even if they were all nazis, trump believed that some weren't, on both sides. That's enough to clearly show he was not specifically calling the nazis, or antifa for that matter, very fine people.

I feel like people are so quick to be led like sheep these days from what the media tries to spin. Read the transcript, it's clear as day what he meant.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM49870.50
MKSixer18152.00

01-19-2020, 10:01 AM   #428
Wheelwright
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Even if they were all nazis, trump believed that some weren't, on both sides. That's enough to clearly show he was not specifically calling the nazis, or antifa for that matter, very fine people.
He might have indeed believed most were good people. So what ? This is called being deranged. Clear-thinking persons believe we shouldn't have to justify or accept Trump's actions based on his derangement/psychosis which derive from his pathological narcissism. This doesn't give him a pass, especially because he wields the vast power of the Presidency. If in response we get called "sheep" or "libtard" etc: just because we are expecting mentally-stable president, so be it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 11:54 AM   #429
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
He might have indeed believed most were good people. So what ? This is called being deranged. Clear-thinking persons believe we shouldn't have to justify or accept Trump's actions based on his derangement/psychosis which derive from his pathological narcissism. This doesn't give him a pass, especially because he wields the vast power of the Presidency. If in response we get called "sheep" or "libtard" etc: just because we are expecting mentally-stable president, so be it.
Again, do you have any proof to the contrary that he was incorrect in his assessment? Were you there? Do you believe that every one for the removal of said statue was antifa? Do you believe that everyone for keeping the statue was a nazi?

For what it's worth I'm against removing things like this. It's not a statue promoting racism, it's a statue depicting our history. The confederacy was not hinged 100% on slavery, contrary to what some people say.

Should we go tearing down statues of everyone who ever owned slaves? We wouldn't have many statues left, I'll tell you that.

And removing these things from our history does more harm than good.
Appreciate 4
SakhirM49870.50
N54Yankee1984.50
MKSixer18152.00

01-19-2020, 06:54 PM   #430
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      01-19-2020, 07:01 PM   #431
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
Yep. The dncCNN has a bullseye on Bernie...again. Shameful that Warren is pulling this on her 'friend' Bernie.

The tweet storm calling out CNN's absolute trash network was brutal and totally justified. They are lower than low losers.
Did the tweet storm originate out of St. Petersburg Russia?
Brooklyn
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 07:02 PM   #432
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Quote:
Did the tweet storm originate out of St. Petersburg Russia?
New reports saying they came from Chappaqua, NY.
Do the Soviets.......er, russians, Still have a server there?
FTFY
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #433
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
^
Yep. The dncCNN has a bullseye on Bernie...again. Shameful that Warren is pulling this on her 'friend' Bernie.

The tweet storm calling out CNN's absolute trash network was brutal and totally justified. They are lower than low losers.
Nothing ever came of Debbie Wasserman Schultz? She skates without any issues or punishment for rigging funds and colluding against a fellow DNC member? Lay-low in Florida for a few months and then go about life as if nothing happened?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 04:13 PM   #434
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Former Press Secretary to Bill Clinton and current CNN analyst.

Joe Lockhart
@joelockhart
Overheard convo between two Republican Senators who only watch Fox News. "is this stuff real? I haven't heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we're up shit's creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence
1:13 PM ∑ Jan 22, 2020∑

9 minutes later:

Joe Lockhart
@joelockhart
Ok maybe I made up the convo, but you know that's exactly what they're thinking.
1:22 PM ∑ Jan 22, 2020∑

They absolutely SUCK. I mean suck like no other news outlet on the planet and that includes Tanzania.
Suck meisters.
Torgus2116.00

01-23-2020, 05:03 PM   #435
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Former Press Secretary to Bill Clinton and current CNN analyst.

Joe Lockhart
@joelockhart
Overheard convo between two Republican Senators who only watch Fox News. "is this stuff real? I haven't heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we're up shit's creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence
1:13 PM ∑ Jan 22, 2020∑

9 minutes later:

Joe Lockhart
@joelockhart
Ok maybe I made up the convo, but you know that's exactly what they're thinking.
1:22 PM ∑ Jan 22, 2020∑

They absolutely SUCK. I mean suck like no other news outlet on the planet and that includes Tanzania.
Suck meisters.
Great! So you are against people making things up.

So you no longer support Trump?????
      01-27-2020, 04:03 PM   #436
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

What did this MSNBC reporter say?

https://twitter.com/Littles1126/stat...fdf2e96e21d4e7
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18152.00

01-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #437
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
Meh. Knickers... knicks... People need to calm down. I'm guessing she's in NY.

But here we have CNN unintentionally pushing Trump to reelection while thinking they are witty and cute.
It's so sad that it is indeed humorous.

They're circling the drain.

01-29-2020, 06:13 AM   #438
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Former Senior Digital Producer for CNN:

Steve Krakauer
@SteveKrak
The arrogance, the dismissiveness, the smug cackling, the accents.

If Donald Trump wins re-election this year, Iíll remember this brief CNN segment late one Saturday night in January as the perfect encapsulation for why it happened.
1:20
11.7M views
8:47 PM ∑ Jan 27, 2020

Thank you CNN!
      01-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #439
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Former Senior Digital Producer for CNN:

Steve Krakauer
@SteveKrak
The arrogance, the dismissiveness, the smug cackling, the accents.

If Donald Trump wins re-election this year, I’ll remember this brief CNN segment late one Saturday night in January as the perfect encapsulation for why it happened.
1:20
11.7M views
8:47 PM · Jan 27, 2020

Thank you CNN!
The alt right outraged by Don lemon laughing.
Attached Images

01-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #440
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
^
Meh. Knickers... knicks... People need to calm down. I'm guessing she's in NY.

But here we have CNN unintentionally pushing Trump to reelection while thinking they are witty and cute.
It's so sad that it is indeed humorous.

They're circling the drain.
Did I hear one of them say that Ukraine is in the same subcontinent as Bangladesh?