BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

07-24-2020, 10:22 PM   #23
Emilime75
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Whatís your bitch? I was actually a MECP installer back in the day. Itís been a while.

The mustang is not a symmetrical vehicle and the trunk has a horrible hump in the middle too which leaves things even more not straight. Itís a real shitshow trying to equalize things.

Again, not sure your complaint so elaborate and Iíll either explain or concede my lousy fab skills.
Sensitive much? If that little comment got you this upset, then you're about to blow your lid. The vent is proportioned wrong, too narrow for it's height. Do you own a router? That would've done wonders on that "round over". The "beauty" panel doesn't fit. You obviously jig sawed everything, not a straight cut in sight. The carpet is all lumpy. Have no idea what you tried to do with where the beauty panel meets the box vent, is that some kind of L channel screwed into it? Which then leads to the question of why you even tried to round it over on the box, in the first place?

Anyway, my apologies for upsetting you. Sometimes it's Ok to have a little humility. Your metal fab skills blow me away, I wouldn't even know where to start with that cowl repair.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 12:01 AM   #24
billnchristy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 m35i

Garage List
Naw, not upset at all. Vent is to JLs specs and my experience with them over the years shows they know what they are doing. The only time that was wrong in my experience is when they told me it wasn’t possible to build a band pass for 8w6s. They changed their mind after we showed them the design we built that hit 133db a weighted on half of a PPI 50x4 amp.

No, I don’t have a router or a whole bunch of tools, would love to but the garage barely fits the car so it’s not worth building a big shop yet.

Sensitive? Naw, just not a prick. I’m well aware it’s not top notch, I have not installed audio gear since 1996 but hey, if it makes ya feel better just wait until I learn how to weld and do body work, that should be a hoot.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo5951.50

07-31-2020, 08:50 PM   #25
billnchristy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 m35i

Garage List
Louvers for wheel wells are in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0