BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-28-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
jontheram
Rep
Drives: Chevy 1500 HD

Price Check: 2011 e93 ~46Kmi

Hey All,

Been lurking here a few months and finally about to take the plunge (assuming good PPI).

Former s2000 owner, looking to try something new and was deciding between a Boxster S and e93 M3. To be honest, the wife liked the M3 more and here I am. I'm sure ya'll will agree she has good taste.

e93's are in limited supply here in the Northeast and one of the few I've found without a decent service history and no accidents is a 2011 with 46k mi, no option packages but a few stand alones: heated seats, combox, nav, M drive. 26k is the agreed upon price. Jerez Black over Bamboo if that makes a difference. In terms of personal preference I like the combo but it's not something I'd pay a premium for.

PPI is scheduled for tomorrow at 8AM.

Assuming everything is clean on the inspection, is this a decent price or should I hold out and see what else comes up?

Thanks all for the insights.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
SunnyGL
Rep
Drives: G35x

Hah, I'm a long time lurker here and have gone through exactly the same process. Was keen on a Boxster and missed what seemed a good deal in Jan. Now back to thinking of e93's and of all the variants the M3 hits the spot, especially if they're not a whole more expensive than 328's and 335's.

CarGurus is very helpful in that they offer a market price analysis, which seems a bit more realistic than the other major listing sites. They currently have about 150 E93 M3s listed throughout the US so I think the selection is small and expect to travel for the right one.

There's a 2011 jerez/bamboo manual near Philly for just under $26k with 46.5k miles on it that the CarGuru guys say is $2500 below market value if that helps as a comparison.

My other take having looked at many listings is that these cars usually come well equipped.

cheers
SunnyGL
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
jontheram
Rep
Drives: Chevy 1500 HD

Yes there were some amazing prices on boxsters over the winter. Sad I missed out and partly why I moved onto the M3. The 2008+ boxster S prices increased several thousand since january.

You are also right that most have way better equipped than this one was.

That's actually the one I was referencing in PA. PPI was a mixed bag. Some minor imperfections, intermittent switch on wipers didn't work, i-drive button was stuck, a few other things, but by all accounts it ran great and drove well.

Needed new brakes all around.

I ended up walking away because codes had been cleared right before it left the lot for the PPI.

The salesman claimed it was because the battery had died. He initially said it was an o2 sensor. Who knows, if I had been in love with this particular one I probably would have went for it. If anyone is interested in this vehicle, vin: WBSDX9C53BE584269 , I can forward over the PPI by email or such just let me know.

On to the next one.

Good luck with your search.
Appreciate 0