BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #9219
LuckiSevens
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
An E93 might be the best way to get into S65 just based on the fact that they run a lot cheaper. At least from what I've seen. I don't even care that it's a little bit heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post
Took it out for a drive to Wendy's, gotz the top down again just to listen to that S65 symphony 🙌🙌🙌😋
Not really, I think y'all enthusiasts are forgetting about the rest of the population and what they want. They don't want an old sedan. Even the coupe is starting to look aged. E93 is the special option.

The advertised price and what it sells for are two different things folks.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #9220
Grip Addict
Payer of ///M Tax
Rep
Drives: ///M3

I drove to Ocean City MD for Cruising Week down and back in a day.
      Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #9221
Freiheit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

I took the car out for a couple of hours. Lovebug season is winding down but I still had some serious splatter on the front. I'm very thankful for the previous owner putting 3M film over the entire car. Bug guts wash off without any scarring.

I finally crossed the 21k mark on the odometer. The car seems to have a bit less oomph lately, so I think its time for spark plugs. I'll probably do that when I do the tension arms.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #9222
PACarGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium330 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarGuy View Post
Amazon Prime FTW this morning. 14mm hex arrived and I got the diff done in an hour. All maintenance now up to date for a while.

Then had a nice test drive in the beautiful weather with windows and moonroof wide open. Ahhh....
PSA for the rest of the forum reading this: If you decide to DIY with many of the M3 fluids that use hex bit sockets, remember to 1) buy quality hex bit sockets as the size precision will matter and 2) when you go to break the hex bolts loose, get a strong wrench position with the bit socket firmly flat and flush into the hex bolt and apply immediate torque, i.e., don't ease into it.

Aluminum is soft and it is easy to strip the bolts if you don't apply good technique.
Yup, that's exactly what I did. Saw a few vids on it and did the "tap the wrench" technique. Worked great.
      Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #9223
Bartledoo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Not really, I think y'all enthusiasts are forgetting about the rest of the population and what they want. They don't want an old sedan. Even the coupe is starting to look aged. E93 is the special option.

Lol ok
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #9224
LuckiSevens
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Quote:

Lol ok
Supercar looks and soundz bruh... nobody looking at ya'lls sedan outside of a parking lot meet. More pics from today's local run. This is what the $90,000 M3 with maxed out options looks like, that's $30k more than y'all standard grey sedan MSRP.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #9225
Dpc2u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol ok
Supercar looks and soundz bruh... nobody looking at ya'lls sedan outside of a parking lot meet. More pics from today's local run.
You are on a roll today! LOL...

I love my vert and really don't care what the in crowd thinks of it. It makes me grin.

Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 06:26 PM   #9226
LuckiSevens
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol ok
Supercar looks and soundz bruh... nobody looking at ya'lls sedan outside of a parking lot meet. More pics from today's local run.
You are on a roll today! LOL...

I love my vert and really don't care what the in crowd thinks of it. It makes me grin.

They're using the forums to big up their aging modified sedans. If you understand supply and demand, you'll know the vert will attract more buyers from the general (larger) population because it's likely going to be a weekend car - the only argument for the sedan is practicality but that goes out the window if it's a non enthusiast, because they'll be buying a new Honda Accord with a warranty and black wheels first 😆

The 'vert' is the model that gets noticed by the general public.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #9227
wfdeacon88
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol ok
cue the usual empty parking lot pictures of the chopped up half-car
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #9228
LuckiSevens
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol ok
cue the usual empty parking lot pictures of the chopped up half-car
Searching for ways to make your grey sedan (with accident history) look 'special' 🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #9229
LuckiSevens
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Lol ok
Lol ok
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #9230
Dpc2u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #9231
EJT86
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 DCT

Might be time to unsubscribe...
Appreciate 1
DreamTime670.50

Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #9232
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Hit 88888 miles today! Almost 10 years since I got the car. Slowly creeping to 100k hopefully without additional major issues
Attached Images

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 6
      Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #9233
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedNconfused View Post
I just got a set and was dedicating this weekend to figuring out springs and spacers. Thank you for sharing this! I was recommended 20mm spacers for the rear and nothing up front. Can you guys comment on how flush you are all around and any rubbing?

this is with nothing in front, 18mm in rear
the front offset is same as stock
zero issue with rubbing
i had 5mm in front originally but it didn't really make any difference
i took it off because i could feel some shaking in the steering wheel
12mm in rear was not very aggresive
even with 18mm i'm not totally flush in the rear

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 1
      Today, 06:34 AM   #9234
JP10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Got a few more pics for you guys. Got around to installing my set of coilovers yesterday. Took a few hours, ran into a few hiccups along the way. Completely forgot that the kit came with different sway bar end links. We were trying to get the OEM end links to fit the strut, but the sway bar would bottom out on the control arm. I was at a loss, checked the bottom of the box and there were the end links that came with the ST XTAs, *facepalm* lol. Pups came over to help at some point after taking a dip in the pool, nothing like grease and water everywhere. Drove it 100+ miles following, rides a smidge rougher but I was expecting worse. Handling feels great, have them set half way between full hard and full soft. No odd noises yet, knock on wood! Didn't get a pic after installation since I still have my 220M wheels installed, gotta get a tire patched so I can get my set of Work wheels on there. Hopefully will be installed mid week and I'll follow up with some pics!

Not sure why the pics are rotated. Not going to attempt to fix it either, just deal with it haha.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Montaver419.00
Dpc2u81.00
PACarGuy252.50

Today, 01:05 PM   #9235
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

i'm hearing this BUZZING noise toward the end of my commute drive
not at cold start and only after it's fully warmed up

it can only be heard at idle
but it's pretty loud
and it is coming from somewhere behind the dash and in the engine bay

when i accelerate, noise goes away
when i open the hood, the noise goes away

Production date - 2008-04-22

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; Today at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:55 PM   #9236
nycplumber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Got a few more pics for you guys. Got around to installing my set of coilovers yesterday. Took a few hours, ran into a few hiccups along the way. Completely forgot that the kit came with different sway bar end links. We were trying to get the OEM end links to fit the strut, but the sway bar would bottom out on the control arm. I was at a loss, checked the bottom of the box and there were the end links that came with the ST XTAs, *facepalm* lol. Pups came over to help at some point after taking a dip in the pool, nothing like grease and water everywhere. Drove it 100+ miles following, rides a smidge rougher but I was expecting worse. Handling feels great, have them set half way between full hard and full soft. No odd noises yet, knock on wood! Didn't get a pic after installation since I still have my 220M wheels installed, gotta get a tire patched so I can get my set of Work wheels on there. Hopefully will be installed mid week and I'll follow up with some pics!
Not sure why the pics are rotated. Not going to attempt to fix it either, just deal with it haha.
How do you adjust softness?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:17 PM   #9237
wyatth
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Supercar looks and soundz bruh... nobody looking at ya'lls sedan outside of a parking lot meet. More pics from today's local run. This is what the $90,000 M3 with maxed out options looks like, that's $30k more than y'all standard grey sedan MSRP.
Is that bamboo with wood trim? Total supercar looks.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:28 PM   #9238
ItsGary
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
hey
my sedan is black

Also locally to me the only thing on sale right now are verts, and a lot of them have been on the market for months or since last year. I think its someones last choice but like you said general public(Mainly boomers) would pick a Vert over a Coupe or a obviously a Sedan, but the production numbers show that the Vert wasn't as desirable when this car was new.

also congrats to the first owners who spent 30k on a heavier car
      Today, 04:29 PM   #9239
JP10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
How do you adjust softness?
You can adjust the rebound using the the knob that they supply at the top of each strut. Settings go from 0-16, 0 being full soft and 16 being full hard. I had EDC prior to these, only complaint is I didn't like pushing the button to stiffen the ride, and without EDC active the ride was too soft. Now the ride is stiffer, but not too stiff all the time. Just how I wanted it, also a solid bit lower in the front and rear, finally dont look like a monster truck haha
Appreciate 0