BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

05-09-2019, 06:12 PM   #23
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

i dont feel any tramlining with -3.6 camber and zero toe up front 275 square....maybe on certain roads but my area has overall decent roads.
      05-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #24
SFCM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

again, i know exactly how tramlining feels as my track e30 is horrible to drive on the freeway. Running 359m 19x10 et25 with 275/30/19 square has produced no tramlining for me. camber settings are stock, suspension is stock ZCP. virtually no change in driveability from staggered 359m running factory tires (originals were still on car when i bought it), to the new square setup.

That being said, i am in the process of getting a set of coilovers on the car before driving 900 miles roundtrip to Bimmerfest this month. Will report back with my findings after the roadtrip.
      05-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #25
M3pnoy
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Amuse W/B s2000, A/W 08 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
again, i know exactly how tramlining feels as my track e30 is horrible to drive on the freeway. Running 359m 19x10 et25 with 275/30/19 square has produced no tramlining for me. camber settings are stock, suspension is stock ZCP. virtually no change in driveability from staggered 359m running factory tires (originals were still on car when i bought it), to the new square setup.

That being said, i am in the process of getting a set of coilovers on the car before driving 900 miles roundtrip to Bimmerfest this month. Will report back with my findings after the roadtrip.
Curious which coilovers are you going with? I abandoned the idea of going square zcp’s as I heard it touches the perches of kw’s in front without spacers.
      05-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #26
slicer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3pnoy View Post
Curious which coilovers are you going with? I abandoned the idea of going square zcp’s as I heard it touches the perches of kw’s in front without spacers.
This same issue occurs with most coil overs unless they are specified with a shorter than typical main spring. It's simply a product of having an adjustable ride height suspension. That being said, I have test fit KW V3's with 10.5 et22 and 285/30/18 tires and they did not need a spacer. This is due to the fact that the V3 uses a progressive spring instead of a linear main spring with a helper (like the KW clubsport and pretty much every other more track oriented suspension uses). The linear with helper increases the stack height and typically puts the perch in line with the tire at a lowered ride height. I have installed shorter main springs on KW clubsports as well as my current Öhlins TTX suspension in order to place the perch higher to increase inner clearance. This is really not a big deal. Springs are about $150 a set and little, if any, added labor if you plan for this up front. Additionally if you order a more custom kit by JRZ, Öhlins, Moton, AST... you can tell them you want a short main spring to avoid any issues.
'13 AW E92 M3 - Ohlins TTX, SPL Susp Arms, AP Racing BBK (Essex), Akrapovic GT4, CSF Cooling, VPhreaks Bat, OE M3 GTS - Lip/RSD/Cage, M235ir Wing, Varis Diffuser, Karbonius Airbox, MFactory DS, M24 Door Cards, KMP Wheel, Cobra Seats w/BK Mounts, BBS E88
'17 MR F31 M-Sport - H&R Springs, BBS RE
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M ***BBS RIA For Sale - Click***
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #27
Richbot
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

The only trick bag you get into is if you don't want to use a camber plate and want to use the stock upper mount (as I do). Because camber plates are an easy-button for anybody doing track anyway, nobody has bothered to make a part to adapt a flat, hard mating surface to accept the swifts etc., but I think it'd be relatively easy to print a polymer adapter and then cut a small piece of sheet stock to protect the polymer from metal wearing through it.

I might fiddle with it once I get my rearend setup sorted.

Last edited by Richbot; 05-15-2019 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 0