BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-04-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
m3gasm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09'M3, 16'M3, 11'550i, 17'X5

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
So since I am supercharged, i get much higher oil temps on my car. I wanted to try this before adding a second oil cooler.
So there was a DIY on here however telling me how many bolts from what didn't really help me much.
1. remove fans i always disconnect the coolant hose into driver side of radiator. (If u don't know how to remove fans i don't recommend this diy)
2. Remove AC belt
3. Remove upper idler pulley
4. Remove 3 power steering pulley
5. Remove bottom tensioner bracket (disconnect the bolts circled)
6. Now u can remove the 3 bolts on the PS also circled.
7. There is 2 bolts above the PS pump literally right by the mounting holes for PS. This is the AC bracket. Remove the 2 bolts
8. AC bolts are sideways. I circled locations on the pictures. They run horizontal with the bumper. Top can be accessed by disconnecting coolant hose to block and zip tie-ing it out of the way. Yes you're going to lose coolant. Cry a river.
9. Bottom ac bolt is accessed from bottom. Sorry. Remove undertray.
10. Undo bolt. It's on the hose with a small bracket to AC compressor. Also circled.
11. Undo 2 10mm bolts on the power steering hose. 1 is on the right hose. 1 is on the one near the bottom tensioner bracket.
12. Move power steering towards radiator so it's out of the way.
13. I loosened the oil filter cap and let the oil drain back into the block. Go slow. Try not to spill. Don't know if it helps but i opened the oil cap
14. NOW your epic motorsports instructions will help. 3 horizontal t25 bolts. I leaked minimal oil. My oil gauge didn't even register the loss. There is a spring in there. This is where life started to suck ass.
Putting the new one in... i found something to wedge the cover back on to compress the spring. Good luck. This part blows.
15. Now put everything back together. Refill coolant bleed the system. Etc.
16. Good job u did the worst job I've ever had to do on this car.
Took me 5 hours. Many breaks. Much frustration. Very worth it.

Couldn't find a DIY to remove AC Bracket, Power Steering Pump, or A/c.
However. After a few breaks due to frustration.
I did get this done. Few things to note...
The A/C bracket... i couldn't get it to fit back on for about an hour. I got the bottom screw in from the AC. Then did the top AC hole by pushing the bracket away from the ac at the top mounting point. Got the bolt to thread. Then was able to wiggle it into the spot on the block.
I tightened all bolts and wallah.

I'll add more later. I'm posting this as I'm rushing to the Kentucky derby. Car does take longer to warm up. It doesn't bother me.
Attached Images

2017 X5 35i. STOCK, boring, and sold!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
m3gasm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09'M3, 16'M3, 11'550i, 17'X5

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Update. While pushing the car. My oil temps use to be around 3/4 mark. Occasional limp mode. I'm talking about hard canyon runs etc.
my temps doing the same run hover at 210-220.
Massive difference.
Daily driving. Car hovers around 185-200. Awesome.
In traffic. It will sit around 210. Once I'm moving it will drop accordingly.
After having a car that would sit at 225 in traffic and 250+ doing pulls. I couldn't be happier.
This 'mod' if u call it. Sucks ass to install.
If you are N/A and daily your car. I do NOT recommend this. You will run way too cool. While driving normal. My coolant temps sat at 165-172 at 80mph cruising. While oil temp was at 185-190
2017 X5 35i. STOCK, boring, and sold!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11468.50
      06-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
LastMCar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 m3

I have also posted about this. In Vegas this has become the best mod I’ve done with the ess625 kit. My peak temps never even approach warning levels. People cry about the “warm up”, which I’ve always done on any M car I’ve owned. Can’t beat this modification!
Appreciate 1
m3gasm121.50