BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-25-2020, 08:41 PM   #23
slowdown_dan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

Well there it is. That's what I needed. Mine are 265/660's. In a different year I might be able to burn through them in a few months, but my wife is due right when next season will be kicking off so I feel like my 2021 season is going to be a bit more spread out.
Appreciate 1
Kelse921131.50
      10-26-2020, 04:11 PM   #24
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
If you want a reference. I frequently use 265 Pirelli DH/DHB 4-5HC scrubs and get 4-5 days out of them
Wow, really? How many session per day and how long of sessions (on average) does that work out to?

I really want to try some scrubs, but by the time I bring them across the border they actually aren't that good of a deal. Figured I'd try some scrubs before buying a new set of DH's. If they last good enough they'd be worth it as they aren't that much more then a set of RR's/equivalent tires, at least for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #25
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
Wow, really? How many session per day and how long of sessions (on average) does that work out to?

I really want to try some scrubs, but by the time I bring them across the border they actually aren't that good of a deal. Figured I'd try some scrubs before buying a new set of DH's. If they last good enough they'd be worth it as they aren't that much more then a set of RR's/equivalent tires, at least for me.
I don't go 10/10ths all the time necessarily and don't overdrive the front end of my car and one track we go to has a new surface and doesn't hardly wear tires so YMMV, but its usually 4-5 20-30min sessions/day.
I have heard people getting as little as 2-days out of the same source I get my tires from with 305's on their Z06, but their driving style is a bit more aggressive than mine.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
tsk941522.00
      10-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #26
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by butte2butte View Post
I've got a set of DHB's with just 4 HC. When my RR's are done after 2 (hopefully) more track days, I'll be moving to them, and they will be cleaned and prepped with Keyser tire cleaner and then Hot Lap.

I'll keep documentation, as I usually do, on track conditions and longevity.

I won't have a baseline to tell you how much further the same set would have gone without cleaning and prep, but maybe posting pace, track, conditions and total laps will be worth something against the standard use consensus if there is one.
If you want a reference. I frequently use 265 Pirelli DH/DHB 4-5HC scrubs and get 4-5 days out of them
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post

I don't go 10/10ths all the time necessarily and don't overdrive the front end of my car and one track we go to has a new surface and doesn't hardly wear tires so YMMV, but its usually 4-5 20-30min sessions/day.
I have heard people getting as little as 2-days out of the same source I get my tires from with 305's on their Z06, but their driving style is a bit more aggressive than mine.
That's some good information but translates to a minimum of 320-750 minutes (5-12 hours) of track time, which is quite a large range but, 540 min (9 hrs) is practically right in the middle so hopefully that's a good indication of potential longevity. I think even 5-9 hrs would be a pretty good return.

On the downside, it would only be about 160-300 min (3-5 hrs) for those you mentioned that only get two track days.
Appreciate 0