BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

04-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
bkbegetter
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan JB/FR/6-spd

Clean 08 M3 Sedan For Sale

Salutations all,

I am in the military and have just had my orders radically changed...

I purchased my M3 based on an assignment to VA after a 15 month tour in Iraq, but am now heading for Hawaii. This is a good thing as I am from the islands and had planned on retiring there eventually. Well, that time is now and my financial priorities have been reshuffled. I do not plan on "taking it in the shorts", but will strike a very compelling deal with serious buyers (south of $50K).

The car is a Jerez Black Sedan with every option except the DCT and extended leather. The NAV has been updated to 09 software (maps only) and the car has 10,000 miles on it. It is pristine and has had all of its services. Obviously, the remainder of the warranty and servicing are in good standing with BMW.

Email me at brendan.d.kelly@us.army.mil if you are interested. I'm sure we can find common ground between frugal enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Wow to bad you didn't post this up sooner ... I'm in Hawaii and was looking for a 08 E90 M3 for a while ... I just placed an order a week back.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
dak125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 330Ci ZHP

Thanks for serving! Good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Good luck with the sale! I was in your position about two months ago, but my orders fell through and I got to keep my M3 instead!
      04-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

WOW, bump man good luck

and thx for serving!

what does south of 50k mean? Can you pm me a price...my cousin is looking for one...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
bkbegetter
Rep

Sigh

All,

Thanks for the encouragement and support. Hopefully I will be able to hand the keys to a fellow forum member in the very near future.

I will miss my car, but then again, flying an AH-64D Longbow Apache for a living is also fun!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Pic of the chopper? Good luck with the sale and thank you for your service!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
bkbegetter
Rep

A few pics of me during this last tour. I'm the one on the left, and in the backseat while flying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
M3ltdown
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

those pics are freakin awesome!

... and good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Beyond badass! Thanks for posting.

Way off topic, but I am a huge fan of choppers. When I was 12 (a long time ago...) I picked up a copy of the book Chickenhawk that somebody left on a plane. (I would imagine you've heard of it but it is a book about a "slick" pilot in the 1st Air Cav during Vietnam - goes from flight school through a tour or two and then readjusting to life at home.) Read it through in a few days and became obsessed with helicopters. Always wanted to fly one, jealous you get to fly the best!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #11
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

I am interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbegetter View Post
All,

I will miss my car, but then again, flying an AH-64D Longbow Apache for a living is also fun!
............. but an Apache you say?....Can't do it! Now if you were a Kiowa pilot, those guys(and girls) are BADASS! Saved my ass many times!

j/k

Feel for you and I hope you find a buyer! Sounds like you are offering a good deal. Good luck!
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
.. and we talk about the //M3 being bad ass. You sir are my hero .. the longbow is one HELL of a machine. I still have the Nat GEO episode of "Ultimate Factories" .. that details the construction of this incredible "hovering fortress".

I would feel proud to buy an own this car just knowing what sort of people it attracts.

Once again your service to this country .. being away from family and stepping into harm's way each time ... cannot ever be repaid. Be safe ..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #13
bkbegetter
Rep

I salute all of you as well

Wow, thanks for all of your supportive comments regarding both the car and our military. I am truly humbled by some of your comments. I love what I do and will miss it terribly when I retire from the Army in the next few years. There are days when I know I should be paying the Army to be able to have this job... My greatest satisfaction comes from knowing that I am (selfishly in some ways) serving something greater than myself while I wear the uniform.

I will be flying a desk when I get to Hawaii, but have some great memories to carry me through. Knowing this almost helps me rationalize taking the M with me as it would make a great replacement for the high tech helo I am leaving behind... Oh the burden of being fiscally responsible.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
hey can I trade you my zhp for that Apache? no one will notice.
props to all armed force. job well done. good luck on your sale.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #15
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
... Oh the burden of being fiscally responsible.
Of course you are .. it's in your blood to be a model citizen .. ! ..

Quote:
Knowing this almost helps me rationalize taking the M with me as it would make a great replacement for the high tech helo I am leaving behind ...
OK .. now for the folks that may not know about this incredible machine .. here are some titbits ...
1. High strength (but quiet) carbon rotors (yes they take the stress close to a double decker bus hanging off their ends) .. to be able to handle the G-forces of the helicopter turning upside down mid-air .. diving .. and pulling up at full throttle ..
2. This system has EVERYTHING redundant on both sides of the pilot bays right from avionics control systems, fly-by-wire, night vision/infrared targetting and weapons control
3. There are over 3500 test points in EACH of the redundant avionics bays that are individually tested to ensure 100% systems operations at all times
4. The pilot's cabin and fuel tanks are reinforced with kevlar, bullet proof glass and special fire-proofed material. You could shoot a machine gun at it in close range and it will still take a while to penetrate any of the critical components inside
5. The targetting system is "connected" to the weapon's officer's helmet .. look one direction .. and guns, lasers and targeting systems "looks too". Yep point and shoot takes a new meaning in this world ..
6. The longbow radar (atop the rotors) can track over 15 targets at once .. network the target's location to a "fleet", load it up in a fleet's targeting system .. so all the receiver has to do is confirm lock .. choose the appropriate neutralizing asset and .. well .. game's over .. !
7. The AGM Hellfire laser guided platform (pictured) is prob. one of the best infantry and armament neutralizing asset ever built ..
8. The Hughes M230 Chain Gun (pictured) fires 600+ rounds a minute and with each bullet almost 6 inches long .. can pierce tank armor and virtually level infantry

.. and you sir .. are going to miss your //M3 .. .. it's a great car .. but compared to what you've flown .. it's a tricycle at best .. !!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #16
bkbegetter
Rep

Sold

All,

Thanks for your advice and support during my all too brief ownership of my M. The beast is now in the hands of another loving enthusiast. I will miss it so. Wonder what the M3 will be like in 10 years...http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/...nfused0068.gif

B.
Appreciate 0