BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

03-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Gintani CEO in Australia today

Hi Everyone

I have the pleasure of Alex, CEO of Gintani in California arriving tonight in Brisbane.

Alex is also bringing his Head Tech with him and we are going to do installs of 2x Gintani Stage 2 superchargers with the new manifolds.
There will be lots of Pics, vids and reviews. The Superchargers will be on display on Track day this coming March 28th at Queensland Raceway.

Alex has gone to the trouble of coming here to personally overview the installs at Mike Weber's Prestige and Performance shop in Brisbane where the installs will be done from now. It's great when a Vendor takes the trouble to come here to experience first hand any subtle differences in the install on our right hand drive vehicles. Also testing and tuning to the optimum with our fuel. It's also a great opportunity for our preferred installer to have lots of time to discuss and go over the finer points of the Supercharger Design

Alex will be doing tunes over the next few days so if you are interested in having a tune or a DCT tune let me know. This can be in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast over the next few days.

If you are considering doing a Supercharger, exhaust system (full or rear section only) feel free to PM me or give me a call on 0434 555 660 and I'll try and prise myself from under the hood
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
DuaneTh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee
Hi Everyone

I have the pleasure of Alex, CEO of Gintani in California arriving tonight in Brisbane.

Alex is also bringing his Head Tech with him and we are going to do installs of 2x Gintani Stage 2 superchargers with the new manifolds.
There will be lots of Pics, vids and reviews. The Superchargers will be on display on Track day this coming March 28th at Queensland Raceway.

Alex has gone to the trouble of coming here to personally overview the installs at Mike Weber's Prestige and Performance shop in Brisbane where the installs will be done from now. It's great when a Vendor takes the trouble to come here to experience first hand any subtle differences in the install on our right hand drive vehicles. Also testing and tuning to the optimum with our fuel. It's also a great opportunity for our preferred installer to have lots of time to discuss and go over the finer points of the Supercharger Design

Alex will be doing tunes over the next few days so if you are interested in having a tune or a DCT tune let me know. This can be in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast over the next few days.

If you are considering doing a Supercharger, exhaust system (full or rear section only) feel free to PM me or give me a call on 0434 555 660 and I'll try and prise myself from under the hood
Should let the BMW club know as well. I am in the US or I would head over for a look.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

The tune alone is really good, I had a different brand and found it really improved lower RPM.

After a long wait for the upgraded Gintani supercharger kit, my car will be going under the knife tomorrow. Should be good! Will get the slicks on and get it out to the track next week too, then Jayde's coming up to detail it.

I just can't see myself getting rid of the M3 anytime soon. It's my 6th BMW and I still love it!! Except the noise
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
The tune alone is really good, I had a different brand and found it really improved lower RPM.

After a long wait for the upgraded Gintani supercharger kit, my car will be going under the knife tomorrow. Should be good! Will get the slicks on and get it out to the track next week too, then Jayde's coming up to detail it.

I just can't see myself getting rid of the M3 anytime soon. It's my 6th BMW and I still love it!! Except the noise
Hahahahaha...... you love the noise and are ALWAYS loudest on the track ..... is that ever going to change... I don't think so
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

It's certainly a love/hate thing. I might have to invest in some exhaust flappers this year.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post

It's certainly a love/hate thing. I might have to invest in some exhaust flappers this year.
Yep, that certainly fixed Ben's Gintani race, but Mike says it still shakes the building when the valves are open
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #7
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneTh View Post
Should let the BMW club know as well. I am in the US or I would head over for a look.
Thanks Duane, I know you would! Look forward to seeing you out there on track day
Appreciate 0