BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

11-26-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
henryyxyu
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: YXZ

neeed financial advice and advice on this deal

First off, I just wanted to say how thankful I am to have the help of the friendly users on this board! There have been numerous times when I was not getting a good deal and the supportive people on this board have helped me out of tight spots so thanks

ANYWHO, I've been talking things over with one dealership on a leftover 09 with these options:
Jet Black/Black Leather
Tech. Pack
Prem. Pack
18" Rims
PDC
Enhanced Sound
M-DCT
IPod/USB

Sticker says $71,170 but I've taken it down to $65,000. Anyone think this is acceptable? My other offers were more outrageous than this but just to be on the safe side, just wanted to see what others think about this deal Should I wait until the last day of the month to pull the trigger? or wait a bit more into december?

Also some advice on financing, whats a good APR? I've never looked into financing before but given this economy I really don't much of a choice (only a few thousand short). Would anyone recommend me somewhere? everyone has told me to check out Penfed but I don't work for any government related institution so I don't think I'm eligible
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 05:00 AM   #2
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
my 09 e92 DCT/TECH/PREM/COLD/PREMSND/18"/IPOD/SAT/ bought Oct 08 had the same $71k MSRP and got it for $65k and that was a year ago.
Im a PenFed Mbr and their Internet rates are the best Ive seen
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F82

I ordered mine last Jan. with an MSRP of almost $73K and I paid just over $66K (+tax).
Of course, market, supply and demand, among other factors will play a part in the deal you get with a particular dealer. I remember 08 leftovers being offered when I decided to get my M at $8K off MSRP plus 1 day M school, huge rebate, low APR. I couldn't find the color/ option combo I wanted therefore decided to order, but the deal you mention can be much better IMO.

As mentioned, penfed does have great rates (& if I recall correctly, only $25 to join and you don't need to work for the govt to qualify), but fortunately for me BMWFS was offering 1.9% when I took delivery in Feb.

GL
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
Suprane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90

Most importantly, how many miles on it? Brand new or demo? That will affect the price in my opinion. If new, then I don't think its all that bad..you might do a little less but you'll still get sleep at night at that price. I'm not sure what 2010s are going for and if some guys who just bought one can tell you, then you know if its worth it going for a 2009 (new only, though)
      11-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Crevier has a JB/Black fully loaded. 71K sticker they are selling for 60.

Saw this on another thread and I called. 10k off would be a better deal. I was getting about 6k off 6 months ago.

Long Beach BMW. Blue/Black 70k sticker will sell for around 62. Fully loaded.
      11-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
MrRich
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

I picked ordered an m3, sticker was 72k. I got it to 65k in irvine, and down in san diego for same car was offered price of 64110. Anything around 65k and lower is a great deal on a fully loaded 2010 coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post

Saw this on another thread and I called. 10k off would be a better deal. I was getting about 6k off 6 months ago.

those are used cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
henryyxyu
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: YXZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post

A friend just called me about those cars right now and pointed me to the thread xD. Would you happen to know the mileage on the JB M3 that Crevier has? From what I've heard they have excellent service so I may check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
those are used cars.
They are used cars but I believe there're demo cars, so it shouldn't be too bad? IMO, I have some peace of mind knowing that they were company cars, not a car that belonged to a rev-happy teenage driver (Though you can never be too sure )
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
those are used cars.
Careful there, they have never been titled or sold, so in the state of california that makes them a new car with a new car warranty. I dont know the mileage but like most demos expect 300-1000 miles.

Also Palm Springs BMW Has a black on black 4 door sedan LOADED but 6 speed MT. FOR 56. It has 200 miles. Bet you could get it for 54.