BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

10-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
saimon69
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

BPM Sports stage ll tune E90 M3

Hey fellow E9x M owners (and others), I would like to share my awesome, very positive and very impressive experience with the BPM Sports tune in general but also with Mike the owner.
I tried to read all that is available online when it came the time to pick the tune provider for my 2008 E90 M3 that has now 71k miles (70k when tuned) and I wasn't able to find something as extensive as I hoped to find and that is why I'm giving my 2cents on the process and the results, hoping it will give someone else that is on the fence of picking the right tuner some kind of useful info.

so, getting back to my research, I kept felling that BPM is the most informative on their website with dyno runs and sheets of mikes personal car being the test mule in the R&D and the few reviews I was able to find, praised the tune but especially Mike the owner who seems to be involved personally in every customer interaction with the business. impressive I thought.
at the time of research I was interested in the stage 1 tune and wanted to keep all the emission parts but had a few questions like HP to be expected with the stage 1 tune (the main info available was on the stage ll that it seems like the most customers opt for) and what if I, later on, decide I want to go catless and upgrade to stage ll? so it was time to pick up the phone and make the call.
to be honest it took me a couple of days to get them over the phone with the number associated with the HQ. when I called I chose to speak with a sales rep but no one picked up and I left 2 massages that no one replied to. I then called and opt for the service rep and Mike himself picks up.
before we go on about any Q I had, I tell him about the difficulty in getting a hold of them and what does mike do??? he's giving me his personal cell phone # and promises to personally take care of all i"ll need. he patiently answered all my Q and in the process, I'm starting to feel like the stage ll is the one I want. Mikes help me to waste no time, called his guy from the other line, sends him to the mailing room to get for me test pipes that they just got and still in their boxes and arranging for me to go and pick up the pipes and the cable while he (physically) in Vegas will drop everything to get my tune ready to flush by the time I'm done with the test pipe installation!!! wow!!!
before the install was done, I had the tune in my email with a very simple to use and friendly instruction o the flush process.
I go home, get the laptop and getting right into it. very straightforward as expected and the tune is in. scanning the DME for faults and there's none. good start now lets drive.

to put it in words, I was disappointing from the way the m3 drove before the tune. it felt lazy and underpowered compared with the claim HP numbers. after the tune, in the first drive, the car felt to me like I expected a high revving V8 m3 to feel like.
throttle response is now sharp and immediate, the power is noticeably getting stronger the higher the rpm - much more than before and the car just feels healthier and stronger everywhere. I also opt for the steering calibration and was concerned it might be too heavy to my liking in comfort mode (because I like the OE setup) but everyone spoke so highly of it that I felt like I need to try. I happy to say it was the exact small improvement that I didn't think the steering needs but it did. just felt a bit tighter and more direct and not necessarily heavier.

cold start 4500rpm protection was a cool feather, speed limit removal is something I haven't tested yet (will soon be in Mexico lol) and the raised red line to 8600 was one that I'm happy to know it's there kind of thing.

I texted mike to thank him and let him know all went well and he wanted to thank me I guess and offered a DVD with the latest 2016 map for my very dated Navi! as appreciation for my business. wow again!
the next day I stopped by BPM HQ again to pick up that DVD and Mike were there to personally give it to me. we had a great talk about cars and he was kind enough to show me around the facility and a few of his personal cars. I was pleasantly surprised to see a young man, car enthusiast that has a great knowledge and passion for everything cars and especially BMW's.

now, after about 1100 miles, when the first drive hype is forgotten, I can report more accurately that the car still feels stronger and better in every sense every time I drive it. to my surprise, even the gas mileage is the same as before.
to sum it up, I feel like a tune is a real must on every stock E9x m3 to really unleash the potential hidden it the restriction the car was built with and I highly recommend BPM Sport from everything I was able to experience.
the only thing I would change is to have Mike tune my ride sooner.

hope it will be to some use to you guys out there thinking of a tune.
Appreciate 4
      10-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

That is a thorough butt dyno . . . .
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:25 PM   #3
lancerr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Hey fellow E9x M owners (and others), I would like to share my awesome, very positive and very impressive experience with the BPM Sports tune in general but also with Mike the owner.
I tried to read all that is available online when it came the time to pick the tune provider for my 2008 E90 M3 that has now 71k miles (70k when tuned) and I wasn't able to find something as extensive as I hoped to find and that is why I'm giving my 2cents on the process and the results, hoping it will give someone else that is on the fence of picking the right tuner some kind of useful info.

so, getting back to my research, I kept felling that BPM is the most informative on their website with dyno runs and sheets of mikes personal car being the test mule in the R&D and the few reviews I was able to find, praised the tune but especially Mike the owner who seems to be involved personally in every customer interaction with the business. impressive I thought.
at the time of research I was interested in the stage 1 tune and wanted to keep all the emission parts but had a few questions like HP to be expected with the stage 1 tune (the main info available was on the stage ll that it seems like the most customers opt for) and what if I, later on, decide I want to go catless and upgrade to stage ll? so it was time to pick up the phone and make the call.
to be honest it took me a couple of days to get them over the phone with the number associated with the HQ. when I called I chose to speak with a sales rep but no one picked up and I left 2 massages that no one replied to. I then called and opt for the service rep and Mike himself picks up.
before we go on about any Q I had, I tell him about the difficulty in getting a hold of them and what does mike do??? he's giving me his personal cell phone # and promises to personally take care of all i"ll need. he patiently answered all my Q and in the process, I'm starting to feel like the stage ll is the one I want. Mikes help me to waste no time, called his guy from the other line, sends him to the mailing room to get for me test pipes that they just got and still in their boxes and arranging for me to go and pick up the pipes and the cable while he (physically) in Vegas will drop everything to get my tune ready to flush by the time I'm done with the test pipe installation!!! wow!!!
before the install was done, I had the tune in my email with a very simple to use and friendly instruction o the flush process.
I go home, get the laptop and getting right into it. very straightforward as expected and the tune is in. scanning the DME for faults and there's none. good start now lets drive.

to put it in words, I was disappointing from the way the m3 drove before the tune. it felt lazy and underpowered compared with the claim HP numbers. after the tune, in the first drive, the car felt to me like I expected a high revving V8 m3 to feel like.
throttle response is now sharp and immediate, the power is noticeably getting stronger the higher the rpm - much more than before and the car just feels healthier and stronger everywhere. I also opt for the steering calibration and was concerned it might be too heavy to my liking in comfort mode (because I like the OE setup) but everyone spoke so highly of it that I felt like I need to try. I happy to say it was the exact small improvement that I didn't think the steering needs but it did. just felt a bit tighter and more direct and not necessarily heavier.

cold start 4500rpm protection was a cool feather, speed limit removal is something I haven't tested yet (will soon be in Mexico lol) and the raised red line to 8600 was one that I'm happy to know it's there kind of thing.

I texted mike to thank him and let him know all went well and he wanted to thank me I guess and offered a DVD with the latest 2016 map for my very dated Navi! as appreciation for my business. wow again!
the next day I stopped by BPM HQ again to pick up that DVD and Mike were there to personally give it to me. we had a great talk about cars and he was kind enough to show me around the facility and a few of his personal cars. I was pleasantly surprised to see a young man, car enthusiast that has a great knowledge and passion for everything cars and especially BMW's.

now, after about 1100 miles, when the first drive hype is forgotten, I can report more accurately that the car still feels stronger and better in every sense every time I drive it. to my surprise, even the gas mileage is the same as before.
to sum it up, I feel like a tune is a real must on every stock E9x m3 to really unleash the potential hidden it the restriction the car was built with and I highly recommend BPM Sport from everything I was able to experience.
the only thing I would change is to have Mike tune my ride sooner.

hope it will be to some use to you guys out there thinking of a tune.
Excellent and timely. How much did it run you?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 12:03 AM   #4
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Thanks for the review!

Tune is currently discounted on our website here: http://www.bpmsport.com/services/tun...bpm-e9x-m.html

Also offering free shipping and a 2018 navigation map update with discount code FREESHIP!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0