BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-18-2018, 05:23 PM   #23
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
So I replaced my battery myself and registered it myself with my KD-can cable. I did not lose any coding. I have custom coding in FRM, CIC, COMBOX, ABG, CAS AND KOMBI. My only thought for your experience is too much time passed between battery removal and new battery hookup. I do not believe the ECU's in the car have NVRAM. So if power is gone too long the 1's and 0's become decayed, undefinable and ultimately corrupt. Hence default based off VO afterwords.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, see, EAS is a tuner shop and I am not. It's not what I do on the daily. They would be fully aware of any fact/event that would cause my coding to be lost. So it is one of two possibilities:

1. They were not aware of the facts/events that would cause coding to be lost in battery replacement, or,

2. They knew about this and tried to make an extra $100 on the "backend" because they think you have no choice.

Both of which would indicate an incompetent shop or an unscrupulous/shady one. I'm inclined to say it is option #2.

Let me say though, my comments are strictly limited to their sales and management/ownership staff because their mechanics who are doing the actual hands-on do good and clean work from my past experiences with them. My issues are not from any actual work done on the car, but their poor business practices.

Thumbs down to EAS sales and ownership.
Kevin was my sales liaison as well when I had them do my rod bearings and KW suspension. The suspension creeks pretty loud when pulling in inclined driveways post installation. This did not occur before the installation when everything was stock. I took it back to them to over look and they agreed there was a noise. Nothing was ever done to rectify it. Not even put up on a lift to check. That was the last time I used their services. In today's world folks in business do not care about morals, ethics or honor. The only thing respected is a lawsuit by these types. Bimmerretrofit is even worse and they are on my shit list as well. The only positive from being fucked over by shops like these is the fact I just learned to code myself, so I wouldn't have to depend on shitters anymore. I am also halfway saved up for my garage lift.
      03-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #24
r0cketm0nkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, these tuner shops that grew large tend to all be the same - get it done at speed, while neglecting quality or problems. Only way to get it right is do research in advance, and demand you want so-and-so done before any work is started. Even then it's a crap shoot if the guy working on your car that day decided to not give a damn. Bottom line, they don't want you to come back and do free work for you, while they have a long line of customers they can make money from. Passion was no longer their MO, just cash.

When I had my Evo, back when Cobb SoCal was AMS Tuning, they were comparatively small and took good care of its customers. After they became Cobb and grew large, their quality just went to hell. My tune was knocking like crazy, and they literally just wrote me off. Ended up going to another smaller shop and guess what? Great service, great follow up. And round and round we go.
Appreciate 1
cenix379.00
      04-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #25
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

--edit--

comment removed to avoid drama but.. i will say, coding those options you mentioned.. takes what? 5-10 minutes? they couldn't spare 5-10 minuets to make a customer happy? haha WOW

Last edited by KwlAznKid; 04-04-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
cenix379.00
      04-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #26
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
--edit--

comment removed to avoid drama but.. i will say, coding those options you mentioned.. takes what? 5-10 minutes? they couldn't spare 5-10 minuets to make a customer happy? haha WOW
I didn't see what you wrote before your edit, but would love to know what you said. PM me if you feel inclined.

But, yes. It is true that EAS refused to assist me with 5 minutes of time of what I would consider as professional courtesy/after service for a customer. Remember, I just had battery and other work done AND I didn't even ask for free coding. I offered to pay at least half for the possible fault or burden that both shop and customer could be considered responsible for.

Initially they said they'd look into helping me with a solution. They stopped communicating with me and when it was brought up to them again weeks later they basically said it wasn't their fault or problem. Does that sound like a professional shop? I have a strong feeling that this is how they deal with a lot of people and it's not a long term strategy that works.
Appreciate 0