BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Mporium BMW

02-24-2022, 04:07 PM   #1
AustinTheBartender
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E93 M3

Vodka sodas and old fashions will only take you so far

So to start off I want to apologize if I am breaking any kind of rules by making a post like this but I digress.

Hey everybody, first I want to tell you how thrilled I am to be part of the ///M club. It still feels unreal. It's been a goal of mine since I first saw the Top Gear segment on the e92 m3 back in 2008 or 2009 watching reruns on BBC America when I was 11 or 12 years old. I've always been confident that one day I would have a car of that caliber. The look, the power, the SOUND. I'd go on but for the first time, I feel like I don't have to explain the way these cars make us feel.

Let's skip to now. I am a 24-year-old bartending college student and through a complete lack of common sense, fueled by passion and whatever else we use to justify destroying our wallets I am the proud owner of a 2008 e93 m3 dct in Jerez black with a fox red interior. I. REGRET. NOTHING. Life is a dream, cruising around with the top down listening to the S65 wind all the way out to 8k is in fact, debatably, better than sex. I know the e93 is the red-headed stepchild of the lineup but beggars can't be choosers and I'm certainly not complaining, besides it's hard to beat how cool you feel with a drop-top German-engineered V8 in the summertime.

Here's the thing though, I don't have anybody to talk to about it. None of my friends are really into cars in any capacity. I live in Atlanta proper so most of my friends don't really care about what gets them from point a to point b as long as the ac and radio work so they can comfortably sit in stop-and-go traffic on 75/85.

Really I just want some friends or at least one in the area that I can hang out with and talk about the car and hopefully learn something too. I knew going into this that I would have to budget quite a bit for maintenance and I got my proof 3 months into ownership when I needed a new steering rack. (the old one started clicking because of a stripped gear) so learning how to do some of my own maintenance and general stuff to look out for would be greatly appreciated. BY NO MEANS AM I LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO WORK ON MY CAR FOR FREE. I genuinely want to learn how to do it myself, but if someone wants to teach me that would be amazing. Right now I feel kind of like what I assume surgeons feel if they had to operate on their child. I'm scared to mess something up or break something.

So if any of this resonates with somebody in the Atlanta area I'd love to hear from you. Thank you all for letting me into this exclusive club. I couldn't be more thrilled.
If you need me I'll be here trying to figure out where to come up with 2800 bucks to replace my throttle actuators lol

Keep the revs high and the rubber on the road
Austin
Appreciate 2
SAMM3Y3085.00
KawBoy154.50