BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2022, 07:18 PM   #1
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
C8 Z51 vs M3 lol

Going to sell the track M3 at some point this year for the C8 Z51 Iím on a waitlist for. The floor is open for argumentÖ Vybz
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 1
DrFerry2700.50
      01-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
9374
Rep
9,071
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92Mstroker/M4GTSx2/MiniS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

The Vette has a nice NA engine, a DCT and seems to drive pretty well. It's a nice car for sure.
Appreciate 2
Bartledoo2386.00
DrFerry2700.50
      01-12-2022, 08:39 PM   #3
14_deltaM3
Private
99
Rep
92
Posts

Drives: e36m3 euro ó>e92m3
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

I donít think you did wrong - the c8 platform is fantastic and the engine has a ton of character (and power). It really does offer the experience of much more exotic cars, with genuine day to day useability.
Appreciate 2
Bartledoo2386.00
DrFerry2700.50
      01-12-2022, 10:48 PM   #4
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14_deltaM3 View Post
I donít think you did wrong - the c8 platform is fantastic and the engine has a ton of character (and power). It really does offer the experience of much more exotic cars, with genuine day to day useability.
Iím pretty psyched for the platform. After tracking several mid and rear engined cars FR seems so mundane. I will honestly never drive it on the street, so Iíll toss some MCS 2ways on it and wider wheels.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 09:13 PM   #5
Bucki14
Lieutenant
United_States
138
Rep
496
Posts

Drives: M3 DCT | Lotus Evora 400
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

I hope to get a C8 Z06 in this decade but one will see!.

Share some feedback as soon as you get it!
__________________
2010 e92 m3 | Apex Arc-8 | Remus Race Exhaust & Macht Schnell Xpipe | KW V2 Clubsport | Carbon Fiber Driveshaft | SPL Suspension Upgrade| BBK F/R | ESS VT2 625 |

Instagram: boostedtrav_
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2386.00
      01-13-2022, 09:43 PM   #6
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucki14 View Post
I hope to get a C8 Z06 in this decade but one will see!.

Share some feedback as soon as you get it!
That would be dope. I doubt that Iíll ever get a chance to own one of those, but I think Iíll definitely get some chances to drive them on track
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #7
e90335e36m3
Captain
United_States
1155
Rep
645
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4CS; 2008 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Waxhaw, NC

iTrader: (4)

Is the M3 a six speed and do you drive it away from the track?

If yes, on the track I think you'll find the C8 is better in every conceivable way and you want DCT, it's just more fun and efficient. Away from the track it will be like every other super capable performance car and you will miss the soul of the 6 speed M3.

If no, you'll still find the C8 better on a track in every conceivable way and you'll find it better away from the track.
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2386.00
      01-14-2022, 02:36 PM   #8
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Is the M3 a six speed and do you drive it away from the track?

If yes, on the track I think you'll find the C8 is better in every conceivable way and you want DCT, it's just more fun and efficient. Away from the track it will be like every other super capable performance car and you will miss the soul of the 6 speed M3.

If no, you'll still find the C8 better on a track in every conceivable way and you'll find it better away from the track.
6spd which I love. I donít drive it outside of to and from the track really. I actually hate street driving and have a Tesla for that haha.

It will definitely take a bit of modification to be as good on track as my M3, but the platform is for sure a better base.

And who knows, I may decide not to sell the M3. It really is special and such a great car as it stands. People literally trade me track drives in 300k+ cars, so I shouldnít take it for granted.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 02:43 AM   #9
kyrix1st
Lieutenant Colonel
kyrix1st's Avatar
Japan
1775
Rep
1,859
Posts

Drives: M3 Euro,E92M3 MT&DCT,M4ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: global

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
I couldn't live with a track car that doesn't rev over 7500.
__________________
Pass me if you can.
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2386.00
      01-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #10
414bhp
Private First Class
69
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

I test drove the C8 Z51 against the 2016 AMG GT S. (I replaced my E90 M3 with the AMG GT S.) I highly prioritize steering feel and engine feel, the C8 disappointed me in both regards vs. the M3 and the AMG GT S. The C8 Z51 steering is heavy and numb, and the engine power doesn't challenge the chassis in the least. (My blogged review is here.)

Where I found the C8 Z51 to shine is in daily-driving comfort and build quality. It is super cosseting and well put together. But if you want a track car, these things don't matter too much!

So, personally I'd wait for the C8 Z06 or pick up something else that is used, depreciated, and brimming with feel and feedback. Heck, even a Camaro Z/28 or ZL1 seems more fun!



__________________
Appreciate 1
DrFerry2700.50
      01-19-2022, 06:30 PM   #11
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414bhp View Post
I test drove the C8 Z51 against the 2016 AMG GT S. (I replaced my E90 M3 with the AMG GT S.) I highly prioritize steering feel and engine feel, the C8 disappointed me in both regards vs. the M3 and the AMG GT S. The C8 Z51 steering is heavy and numb, and the engine power doesn't challenge the chassis in the least. (My blogged review is here.)

Where I found the C8 Z51 to shine is in daily-driving comfort and build quality. It is super cosseting and well put together. But if you want a track car, these things don't matter too much!

So, personally I'd wait for the C8 Z06 or pick up something else that is used, depreciated, and brimming with feel and feedback. Heck, even a Camaro Z/28 or ZL1 seems more fun!



Nothing I can afford will beat the steering and engine of the M3, so I have to put that on the back burner. Daily driving has no interest to me either. I donít even enjoy driving sports cars on the street. It doesnít really tell you anything about their sports car characteristics, anyways.

Waiting for a Z06 is not really a thing for me. They are far more expensive and supposedly every one that will be built is spoken for.

As for a camaroÖhell no. I shouldíve mentioned I have no interest in sports cars with engines in the front anymore, and the C8 is already heavier than Iíd like. I want something fast, reactive, and challenging when the nannies are all off, and potentially with a warranty while I track. I think the C8 with MCS and wide rubber should meet the criteria, albeit at the expense of the perfect feel and engine Iíve come to love in the M3ÖI may have to hold onto it as well thoughÖ
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 1
DrFerry2700.50
      01-20-2022, 10:19 AM   #12
414bhp
Private First Class
69
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

How about a Lotus Evora 400? They appear to be about $70k these days, which is similar to the C8 Z51. I assume better steering feel than the M3, but with a slightly less exciting engine? No warranty though...but Toyota engine! :P
__________________
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo2386.00
      01-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #13
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414bhp View Post
How about a Lotus Evora 400? They appear to be about $70k these days, which is similar to the C8 Z51. I assume better steering feel than the M3, but with a slightly less exciting engine? No warranty though...but Toyota engine! :P
I havenít seen one as cheap as a Z51 1LT, and I would love to test one out, but they are just so far down on performance. There is something like 10-11mph trap speed difference between the two. I bet they are great to drive though. I just would wipe the floor with them on track with the M3 unless I did some serious work.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 09:13 PM   #14
414bhp
Private First Class
69
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, it seems the $70k Evora 400 was an automatic. Oops. The manuals are more expensive. (What are the C8 Z51 cars going for?)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 09:28 PM   #15
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414bhp View Post
Yeah, it seems the $70k Evora 400 was an automatic. Oops. The manuals are more expensive. (What are the C8 Z51 cars going for?)
My spec will be 70XXX
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 11:33 PM   #16
akkando
Major General
akkando's Avatar
5302
Rep
6,345
Posts

Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucki14 View Post
I hope to get a C8 Z06 in this decade but one will see!.

Share some feedback as soon as you get it!
That would be dope. I doubt that I’ll ever get a chance to own one of those, but I think I’ll definitely get some chances to drive them on track
Z06 or nothing.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 12:00 AM   #17
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
2386
Rep
2,575
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Z06 or nothing.
Lol of course.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper in need of a diet
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST